or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 221

post #3301 of 8013

I have had my Aune T1 since June and things have been great until yesterday.  I've started noticing a higher pitched buzzing sound every couple of minutes.  I replaced my tube but that was not problem because it happened again with another tube.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?  

 

Thanks,

AudioFrog

post #3302 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofrog View Post
 

I have had my Aune T1 since June and things have been great until yesterday.  I've started noticing a higher pitched buzzing sound every couple of minutes.  I replaced my tube but that was not problem because it happened again with another tube.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?  

 

Thanks,

AudioFrog

 

My first one had crackling, regardless of tube. I exchanged it for a new one. My distributor was happy to swap it over.

 

Question: If you use the line-out to another amp, does the issue remain? Or is it only when you use the Aune internal SS amp?

post #3303 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Aune T1 and sibilance? khmmm... that`s the first one. If you are using 6922EH tube then yes, it has sparkly bright highs but no, imo there`s no sibilance.

 

Maybe it`s mismatch with your cans of you aren`t just used with so sparkly clear highs. Or, maybe your tube is faulty. But nevertheless I definitely wouldn`t say Aune T1 has sibilance. If I use my Superlux HD-681 reds without hw filter then yes, I hear harsh highs & SSsss sibilance but it comes only from headphone. Maybe your cans sibilance came to life because proper dac/amp reveals its true sound nature?

 



I really doubt that my headphones have sibilance at all in it's sound signature. The bass isn't decent and the sibilance(hissssss) manifests itself at higher volumes.

It was more emhasized in some songs are compared to others though. I have the stock-stock tube 6n23 [or was it the 6n11 or 6n1p?] (not the upgraded 6922) so maybe that is why everything is not pretty great.

Have ordered 4 6es8 (pcc189) tubes and a GE6dj8 tube so hope they sound fine. I've read somewhere that 6es8 tubes don't exactly fit right in a circuit designed for 6dj8 but I've heard some people saying that it sounds fine so I took a gamble.

The textures sound pretty great, am already wondering what my next dac will be, any ideas on what would be a worthwhile upgrade and not a minor upgrade to the Aune T1.

The Aune T1 blew me away but it should have beena lot better, it struggles to drive the Fostex T50RP at 10 gain with some songs and I sure as don't listen to songs at high volumes.

All this is based on what I felt in my initial 2 hours of listening so it may change.

You should read more this thread and especially first post with additional info by Salvatore.

 

I belive 6N11 stock tube is worst tube with Aune T1 and haven`t seen anyone say good things about it. No wonder you are not impressed.

 

PCC189/6ES8 tubes work flawlessly (check my tube compability list for Aune T1), I have lot of different PCC189 and they all work without problems.

You shouldn`t think about upgrading from Aune T1 DAC until you have experienced Amperex OG sounding tubes for example. 
For me even going from upgraded stock tube 6922EH to Amperex OG was like night-day difference.

Why don`t you try +16dB gain when +10 isn`t enough? Or, try additional separate amp for your orthos?

post #3304 of 8013

 a


Edited by audiofrog - 11/19/13 at 6:18am
post #3305 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

My first one had crackling, regardless of tube. I exchanged it for a new one. My distributor was happy to swap it over.

 

Question: If you use the line-out to another amp, does the issue remain? Or is it only when you use the Aune internal SS amp?

good question.  I'm going to listen through my speakers today and see if I have that problem and I'll check back with you.  

post #3306 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

You should read more this thread and especially first post with additional info by Salvatore.

 

I belive 6N11 stock tube is worst tube with Aune T1 and haven`t seen anyone say good things about it. No wonder you are not impressed.

 

PCC189/6ES8 tubes work flawlessly (check my tube compability list for Aune T1), I have lot of different PCC189 and they all work without problems.

You shouldn`t think about upgrading from Aune T1 DAC until you have experienced Amperex OG sounding tubes for example. 
For me even going from upgraded stock tube 6922EH to Amperex OG was like night-day difference.

Why don`t you try +16dB gain when +10 isn`t enough? Or, try additional separate amp for your orthos?


Thanks Coil, switched to 16 gain now, seems fine. Varies a lot from track to track.

 

I've heard (I think from your posts) that the RCA ones sound great and some were saying that they event sound better than the Amperex OG. Might get a Genalex gold lion too.

 

Amperex OG, the A-frame or the dimpled-disc. It's all too confusing. Maybe I'll let PM you.

 

There's one thing for sure, need to get all FLACs form now on.

 

edit: I've noticed one thing. Even if volume is low or is increased a lot, the voice stays rather moderate and the sound increases a lot. What I mean to say is that at about 20% volume the voice is 70% and the other sounds are 30%, while if the sound is at 60%, the voice is like 40% with the rest 60% being the other frequencies.


Edited by abhinit90 - 11/19/13 at 7:16am
post #3307 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofrog View Post
 

I have had my Aune T1 since June and things have been great until yesterday.  I've started noticing a higher pitched buzzing sound every couple of minutes.  I replaced my tube but that was not problem because it happened again with another tube.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?  

 

Thanks,

AudioFrog

That happened to mine and I literally tried everything, bought new tubes and It didn't fix it. I just returned it and they sent me a new one. Hoping that's not the case for you, but the people at Aune are very generous and will most likely make sure you get a working product (was the case for me).

post #3308 of 8013

I used my speakers exclusively today.  Line out to amp had no problems at all today.  I'll try again with headphones tomorrow.  You might be ready about the amp.  I'll also try different audio cable and headphones.  

post #3309 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofrog View Post
 

I used my speakers exclusively today.  Line out to amp had no problems at all today.  I'll try again with headphones tomorrow.  You might be ready about the amp.  I'll also try different audio cable and headphones.  

The RCA inputs worked for my amp, but not the headphone jack when mine was getting all the static. They are two different things. Also in my case I could hear the static when the amp powered on right away no audio was playing.


Edited by Devmoo - 11/19/13 at 3:44pm
post #3310 of 8013

I noticed this too, vocal volume vs. other sound volume percentage when turning (increasing or decreasing) the volume pot is not linear. I rather like it, I could get listen to a part of music (guitar, flute, etc) without the vocal getting shout-y.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Postedit: I've noticed one thing. Even if volume is low or is increased a lot, the voice stays rather moderate and the sound increases a lot. What I mean to say is that at about 20% volume the voice is 70% and the other sounds are 30%, while if the sound is at 60%, the voice is like 40% with the rest 60% being the other frequencies.
post #3311 of 8013

Guys, can`t understand (well, I understand actually) what you are talking about because I can`t hear such thing with my unit ;S Are you both using 6N11 stock tube or only abhinit90?

Anyway that`s really wierd you experiencing such things. Sort of wish to hear it too but I just don`t.

post #3312 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Guys, can`t understand (well, I understand actually) what you are talking about because I can`t hear such thing with my unit ;S Are you both using 6N11 stock tube or only abhinit90?

Anyway that`s really wierd you experiencing such things. Sort of wish to hear it too but I just don`t.

 

I think they are discussing how the volume control is not on a linear scale.

 

Mind you, guys, this is pretty much common across most home audio gear.

post #3313 of 8013

I understood differently from this sentence:

Quote:

What I mean to say is that at about 20% volume the voice is 70% and the other sounds are 30%, while if the sound is at 60%, the voice is like 40% with the rest 60% being the other frequencies.
post #3314 of 8013

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

What I mean to say is that at about 20% volume the voice is 70% and the other sounds are 30%, while if the sound is at 60%, the voice is like 40% with the rest 60% being the other frequencies.

 

So what you're saying is that by increasing the volume from 20% to 60% you recess the vocals from 70% to 40% (in relation to the mix)? In my opinion this just can't be true.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

this is pretty much common across most home audio gear.

 

Hmm I doubt it. Wouldn't this have huge effect to the headphone measurements? Maybe with high volumes our ears "block" some frequencies that are more harmful to the ear? If this was the case shouldn't it be treble that gets recessed? Its never the vocals (mids) that fatigue my ears. Mostly bass and treble.

 

Interesting indeed... maybe I didn't completely understand the original claim.

post #3315 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
 

Quote:

 

So what you're saying is that by increasing the volume from 20% to 60% you recess the vocals from 70% to 40% (in relation to the mix)? In my opinion this just can't be true.

 

 

Hmm I doubt it. Wouldn't this have huge effect to the headphone measurements? Maybe with high volumes our ears "block" some frequencies that are more harmful to the ear? If this was the case shouldn't it be treble that gets recessed? Its never the vocals (mids) that fatigue my ears. Mostly bass and treble.

 

Interesting indeed... maybe I didn't completely understand the original claim.

It's weird but that's what I hear. My ears deceive me maybe.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Guys, can`t understand (well, I understand actually) what you are talking about because I can`t hear such thing with my unit ;S Are you both using 6N11 stock tube or only abhinit90?

Anyway that`s really wierd you experiencing such things. Sort of wish to hear it too but I just don`t.


I know it's weird. That was the first thing that my mom pointed out to me and I cannot help but notice that increasing the volume affects the other frequencies more than it affects the vocals.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***