or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 217

post #3241 of 8030

reinstall usb driver of the mobo?

 

problem might be caused by device drawing too much power? try powered usb hub and see if problem persist. 


Edited by isendono - 11/12/13 at 7:41pm
post #3242 of 8030

Hi,

 

I've read the first post faq but still not too certain if the tube is being used.

 

I connect T1 via usb to my pc, and connect my ue900 iem via the headphone port (with 16db gain). Am i using the pre-amp tube in such configuration? 

post #3243 of 8030

The only USB drivers are USB 3 and all of my devices are running on USB 2.

 

I don't think the device is drawing too much power considering the fact that I have a 760W PSU and they're plugged directly into the mobo ports.

 

I'll attempt this on my laptop later tomorrow. If it doesn't work, one of the two things is broken. If it works, then something is wrong with my PC.


Edited by Acknown3 - 11/12/13 at 10:47pm
post #3244 of 8030
Quote:
Originally Posted by piew View Post
 

Hi,

 

I've read the first post faq but still not too certain if the tube is being used.

 

I connect T1 via usb to my pc, and connect my ue900 iem via the headphone port (with 16db gain). Am i using the pre-amp tube in such configuration? 

Not 16db gain on a 30ohm impedance iem imo, make it 0db gain

post #3245 of 8030
Quote:
Originally Posted by isendono View Post
 

Not 16db gain on a 30ohm impedance iem imo, make it 0db gain

 

why is it so? 

 

Is 16db going to damage the iem? 

post #3246 of 8030
Quote:
Originally Posted by piew View Post
 

Hi,

 

I've read the first post faq but still not too certain if the tube is being used.

 

I connect T1 via usb to my pc, and connect my ue900 iem via the headphone port (with 16db gain). Am i using the pre-amp tube in such configuration? 

Think of the Aune T1 as two separate items, all in the one shell.

 

First you have a tube buffered DAC. the DAC takes signal in via the USB.

 

Second, you have a solid state headphone amp. This amp can take the signal from either the DAC, or via the RCA input on the back (switchable via the toggle on the top), and send that signal either via the headphone amp (via the jack on the front) OR as a line output via the RCA output on the back. 

 

Once you get your head around that, you can see that the only place the tube is used is in the DAC side of the T1. If you input via the RCA jacks, you're bypassing the DAC altogether and just using the solid state amp. 

 

Set your gain levels so you get listening volume at about half way around the dial. with low impedence cans. (like your 30ohm ones) 0db is probably the best setting. +16db would be for headphones 180+ohm. 

post #3247 of 8030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acknown3 View Post
 

The only USB drivers are USB 3 and all of my devices are running on USB 2.

 

I don't think the device is drawing too much power considering the fact that I have a 760W PSU and they're plugged directly into the mobo ports.

 

I'll attempt this on my laptop later tomorrow. If it doesn't work, one of the two things is broken. If it works, then something is wrong with my PC.

Just repeating again... Aune T1 does NOT draw any power from USB! It uses only data pins on USB.

 

About amps I`m going to consider - haven`t decided yet but probably something cheapo like PA2V2.


Edited by CoiL - 11/12/13 at 11:51pm
post #3248 of 8030
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Just repeating again... Aune T1 does NOT draw any power from USB! It uses only data pins on USB.

 

About amps I`m going to consider - haven`t decided yet but probably something cheapo like PA2V2.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo09 View Post
 

Think of the Aune T1 as two separate items, all in the one shell.

 

First you have a tube buffered DAC. the DAC takes signal in via the USB.

 

Second, you have a solid state headphone amp. This amp can take the signal from either the DAC, or via the RCA input on the back (switchable via the toggle on the top), and send that signal either via the headphone amp (via the jack on the front) OR as a line output via the RCA output on the back. 

 

Once you get your head around that, you can see that the only place the tube is used is in the DAC side of the T1. If you input via the RCA jacks, you're bypassing the DAC altogether and just using the solid state amp. 

 

Set your gain levels so you get listening volume at about half way around the dial. with low impedence cans. (like your 30ohm ones) 0db is probably the best setting. +16db would be for headphones 180+ohm. 

Now i got it... shall listen for a while before i check out the other tubes replacement. 

 

Shall consider a cheapo/value tube amp after that. 

 

Thanks for all the replies!

post #3249 of 8030

I find all IEMs to be extremely uncomfortable...my ears just can't take them, so I don't have any IEMs to try with it.

vrt

post #3250 of 8030

Anyone knows what the difference is between the tubes Amperex 6922 and 7308?

I just got my T1 and it sounds amazing with my Mad Dogs, just want to improve the sound further by adding more soundstage and resolution.

I stay in Singapore so it is quite difficult to find tubes here. I found this on this singapore website and wanted to verify whether it is true. It is stated there that the 7308 and 6922 is sonically the same and value is the same too.

Please help out a noob. :)


http://www.quartzacoustic.com/shop/driver-tubes/amperex-7308-pq-white-label-pre-amp-tube/

post #3251 of 8030

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluebirdy View Post
 

Anyone knows what the difference is between the tubes Amperex 6922 and 7308?

 

A great place to read about the differences between the 6922 and 7308 would be here:  http://www.audiotubes.com/6dj8.htm

 

Essentially, they are all part of the 6DJ8 family, with the 6922 considered a "premium" 6DJ8, having better specs for noise and microphonics, and the 7308 taking that a step further by also specifying closely matched triode sections and tighter tolerances on the specs from tube to tube.

 

  -Mike

post #3252 of 8030
Does this mean that both sound sonically the same with the 7308 being more well built and can last longer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamel View Post

A great place to read about the differences between the 6922 and 7308 would be here:  http://www.audiotubes.com/6dj8.htm

Essentially, they are all part of the 6DJ8 family, with the 6922 considered a "premium" 6DJ8, having better specs for noise and microphonics, and the 7308 taking that a step further by also specifying closely matched triode sections and tighter tolerances on the specs from tube to tube.

  -Mike
post #3253 of 8030

No! Recommendation - start reading ;)

post #3254 of 8030

Finally ordered this hopefully nice sounding piece of audio equipment for a much higher price than what most bought for it.

 

have been trying to get some good deals for tubes :| Have almost decided on a voshkod and gold lion though.

post #3255 of 8030

Amperex OG is the tube every Aune T1 owner should have and start with imho.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***