or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 211

post #3151 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
 

I'd try +10 before going to +16 and see, for your HD600.
I have DT880 600ohms and depending on the tubes, if they are too bright, the +16 affects me; with others, the +16 is fine and/or better...

Hopefully changing this solve my brightness issue. BTW, will connecting T1 USB cable to USB adapter will influenced the sound?

 

My current setup

Laptop> USB port> USB adapter> T1

 

Or it's better if:

Laptop> USB port> T1

 

T1 not with me now. I'm in office.

post #3152 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by isendono View Post
 

I'm using 10db for my HD580 atm, haven't really try 16db because I hardly need to turn the knob over 8-9oclock for my taste xD so I didn't bothered to change it.


In my case, volume knob depend on the song and recording. Some song at 9 o clock sound enough. But some need to be at 10 or 11 o clock. But mostly will be sit around 7 - 9 o clock. I never reach or pass 12. And it's 16db.

post #3153 of 8013

I just got the Aune T1 and it sounds really distorted and some frequencies are almost inaudible. I can't even hear the singer in some songs. Changing the gain helps somewhat but makes it worse in other songs, female singers especially sound like they're coming from the other end of a long tunnel.

 

I'm using the V-moda M-100 and haven't had the chance to try with another pair of headphones yet. Anyone recognize this kind of behavior? Should I try replacing the tube or is it not likely that's the problem?

 

Edit: I should mention I use this on my PC and it's the first external sound device I use so if there's any windows settings that I should adjust I don't know about that. :/


Edited by Robertgullik - 11/4/13 at 2:13am
post #3154 of 8013

^^Are you sure you didn't get a bad piece?

 

I've heard ASIO4ALL improves the sound quality but in no case have I ever heard a dedicated DAC/Amp to worsen the quality by that level (inaudible singer, etc.)

 

So doing things would only improved the improved sound output through a dac & amp.

 

In short, a dac & amp shouldn't degrade the sound by that much in any case, just check the connections if they are not loose or if you've properly inserted the tube and all, i really have no clue

post #3155 of 8013

bad tube bad unit who knows

post #3156 of 8013

It was actually the 6,3mm -> 3,5mm adapter that came with the Aune that was the culprit. I tried with the adapter I got with my V-modas and now it sounds fine... quite a relief.

post #3157 of 8013

I've got the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro and i'm looking for a dac/amp to go with it. I currently own the FiiO E07K, which performs fairly well in my regard, but i want more.

 

Will the Aune T1 bring much improvement to the sound??

post #3158 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshin29 View Post

I've got the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro and i'm looking for a dac/amp to go with it. I currently own the FiiO E07K, which performs fairly well in my regard, but i want more.

Will the Aune T1 bring much improvement to the sound??

I don't know about the DT 990s, but I used the E07ks predecessor the E7 with my Sennheiser HD558s and the sound was OK. I switched to the Aune T1 and the sound was spectacular! Use the search this thread function to check on how your phones do with the T1. I expect that you will have a major improvement right away. A little tube rolling will add to the quality.
post #3159 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1013 View Post


I don't know about the DT 990s, but I used the E07ks predecessor the E7 with my Sennheiser HD558s and the sound was OK. I switched to the Aune T1 and the sound was spectacular! Use the search this thread function to check on how your phones do with the T1. I expect that you will have a major improvement right away. A little tube rolling will add to the quality.

 

Thanks for the info. Am gonna get one for myself at the end of the month. I've already read a whole LOT of reviews about the T1, and it definitely looks promising :D

post #3160 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post
 

Hopefully changing this solve my brightness issue. BTW, will connecting T1 USB cable to USB adapter will influenced the sound?

 

My current setup

Laptop> USB port> USB adapter> T1

 

Or it's better if:

Laptop> USB port> T1

 

T1 not with me now. I'm in office.

Not too sure about the brightness. Get something warm like the OG. OG + HD600 + 10db = should be pretty sweet.

Regarding the adapter, I haven't tested it, but it could create interference. I usually go straight up and do not use a split/adapter. Good quality, good isolation

post #3161 of 8013

I'm pretty new to headphone and amp world

but I managed to snatch one of this Aune T1, currently using a Shure SRH1440 and Beat Pro

I've read most of the posts here and realize that it would be better to use it from USB source to get the use of the tube am I right?


Currently I have a dedicated sound card in my PC (Phoebus) was planning to run the T1 from the sound card, would it be a bad idea?

post #3162 of 8013

Yeah, if you're plugging in the line-in you're bypassing the tube dac, so it depends...  If you want to go through the tube, you have to use the USB input.  If you just just want to use the amp portion, then line in is fine.  In both cases, it's a solid state amp, and if you use USB the DAC portion uses the tube.

post #3163 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
 

Yeah, if you're plugging in the line-in you're bypassing the tube dac, so it depends...  If you want to go through the tube, you have to use the USB input.  If you just just want to use the amp portion, then line in is fine.  In both cases, it's a solid state amp, and if you use USB the DAC portion uses the tube.

Does it really makes a difference in the sound quality output when using the tube?

this will be my first external amp so not sure what should I expect

post #3164 of 8013
If u're using the T1 just for the amp, you could have gotten better ones such as the o2 or the iCan that I'm using(these are dedicated amps, not dac+amp like the t1). You could use ur soundcard as dac and the T1's amp, but what's the point? The Dac of the T1 will definitely be better.
Edited by Ophiel - 11/4/13 at 8:21pm
post #3165 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiel View Post

If u're using the T1 just for the amp, you could have gotten better ones such as the o2 or the iCan that I'm using(these are dedicated amps, not dac+amp like the t1). You could use ur soundcard as dac and the T1's amp, but what's the point? The Dac of the T1 will definitely be better.

Thx! I will definitely give it a try and compare

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***