or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 207

post #3091 of 8013
Coil: Look for ClieOS's portable amp shoot out. He has one for $ >100. cMoy and pa2v2 I think is up there.
post #3092 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


Gaming is going to suffer using an external dac, unless it's designed for gaming. Most dacs are stereo so you'll lose out on the positional cues from the 5.1 that the internal cards + software will process for you. You might be able to downmix to a PCM stereo output in game but I'm not sure if it'll work or even be effective enough. You might want to look into a mixamp or a Asus Xonar U3 for gaming.


well in all honesty when I game with my audio technica ath ad700's I typically have my soundcard set to the "entertainment stereo mode".. my soundcard does have a gaming mode with some type of software that does 5.1 but it doesn't necessarily help. I'm more concerned with best possible music quality. I'm just wondering how it could possibly make my vmoda m100s sound better

post #3093 of 8013

What warm sounding amp would you guys suggested within O2amp price? My Aune T1 + HD 600 can be to bright sometime and I read that the amp is the culprit. Thinking of changing to warmer one. Crack definitely out of my league. :(

post #3094 of 8013
Fiio E09/k would work. M stage if you find a used one can be had for around 150. And the o2 might be dark enough when compared to the t1s amp.
post #3095 of 8013
Why not just look for a warmer tube?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post

What warm sounding amp would you guys suggested within O2amp price? My Aune T1 + HD 600 can be to bright sometime and I read that the amp is the culprit. Thinking of changing to warmer one. Crack definitely out of my league. frown.gif

Edited by GirgleMirt - 10/30/13 at 6:05am
post #3096 of 8013
Is there a tube that brings out vocals more than the 6dj8 orange globe?
post #3097 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Fiio E09/k would work. M stage if you find a used one can be had for around 150. And the o2 might be dark enough when compared to the t1s amp.

I see... Thanks. Will look for O2 to borrow for testing purpose...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post

Why not just look for a warmer tube?

Tube will really affect the sound? Tube aren't that expensive right? Well, if tube can change the sound to less bright, why not. What tube you recommend then sir?

post #3098 of 8013

I have some spare tubes of the 12AU7 "family"/series...As someone answered me before,these unfortunately are not compatible with Aune T1...

 

So my question is: Is there any similar product (tube dac+HP amplifier) ,in the same price range,which is compatible with 12AU7 tubes?

 

Thanks!

post #3099 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Is there a tube that brings out vocals more than the 6dj8 orange globe?
Amperex 7308 would be the upgrade of their 6dj8, maybe that might work. Or look for a Brimar or Mullard. They tend to be on the warm side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post

I see... Thanks. Will look for O2 to borrow for testing purpose...

Tube will really affect the sound? Tube aren't that expensive right? Well, if tube can change the sound to less bright, why not. What tube you recommend then sir?
Give the Amperex Orange Globe 6DJ8 a try, should be about $10-20 shipped on ebay. Probably the cheapest solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s121 View Post

well in all honesty when I game with my audio technica ath ad700's I typically have my soundcard set to the "entertainment stereo mode".. my soundcard does have a gaming mode with some type of software that does 5.1 but it doesn't necessarily help. I'm more concerned with best possible music quality. I'm just wondering how it could possibly make my vmoda m100s sound better
I don't think it will. The m100s are pretty sensitive and efficient, I don't think amping will help or hurt it. I don't notice any difference when I amp/not amp my m-80s and the T1 didn't make the highs sound better which I was looking for. V-modas are pretty, "What you hear is what you get" with their tuning. It's a DJ type can so warm and smooth highs are where it excels on.

E:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkeeper View Post

I have some spare tubes of the 12AU7 "family"/series...As someone answered me before,these unfortunately are not compatible with Aune T1...

So my question is: Is there any similar product (tube dac+HP amplifier) ,in the same price range,which is compatible with 12AU7 tubes?

Thanks!
Only thing I can find that fits is this LINK
Edited by MrEleventy - 10/30/13 at 7:46am
post #3100 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


Amperex 7308 would be the upgrade of their 6dj8, maybe that might work. Or look for a Brimar or Mullard. They tend to be on the warm side.

I noticed you're going tube DAC to tube amp - what is the effect of "doubling up" on tubes in this way?

post #3101 of 8013
Take a look at the thread starter, this has been expanded to include Salvatore's tube reviews and other materials are must reads. Also check out CoiL's posts. I find the Amperex 7308 a great tube and use it all the time but it cost me $50 (driver grade, from Upscale Audio).
post #3102 of 8013
Quote:
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


E:
Only thing I can find that fits is this LINK

Thanks!

I'll contact the seller..(it seems it has tube amp section instead of the ss of the T1)

post #3103 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

I noticed you're going tube DAC to tube amp - what is the effect of "doubling up" on tubes in this way?
The differences in rolling the tubedac are kinda subtle, the tube amp will amplify those changes and from there, I can fine tune it a bit. The Amperex Orange Globe pushes the mids forward but rolls off the treble and bass, I have a pair of tubes in the DV336 that enhances that so it balances out. And at times, I'll roll in the TFK PCC189 which flattens out everything so it's neutral and all I get is the benefits of the DV336. It's hardware EQing basically that's system wide.
post #3104 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkeeper View Post

Thanks!
I'll contact the seller..(it seems it has tube amp section instead of the ss of the T1)
Oh, boo. frown.gif Then I don't know. I only know of 3 other tube dacs and they don't use 12au7s. Maverick Tubemagic (5670), Grant Fidelity Tubedac (6dj8), and the MDHT Havana (5670).
post #3105 of 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Give the Amperex Orange Globe 6DJ8 a try, should be about $10-20 shipped on ebay. Probably the cheapest solution.
 

Should be a significant upgrade? I'd been googling and I get this:

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw=Amperex+6DJ8+ECC88+Orange+Globe+Tubes+Matched+Quad

 

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/amperex-6dj8-ecc88

 

 There's a lot of 6DJ8, which one to get huh? Very new in tube. And, got different sound for different ''series''? And is it the same with the tube that TS used, RCA labeled Amperex 6dj8/E88cc.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***