or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15*** - Page 194

post #2896 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1013 View Post

I have the green label and love it. I have no idea how it would compare with the white and orange. The owner of Upscale Audio claims that there is no difference, but I am sure that some of our tube experts would disagree. All I know is that the difference between other tubes was hard for me to appreciate. The Amperex 7308 JAN green (dated 1968) was the first tube that totally stood out with soundstage and musicality. It remains my favorite tube.

 

I doubt there will be any major differences between different color variants. I guess it's more about the collectibles value. Others want those JAN tubes and others USN navy tubes etc. In the end they all have been designed for military applications and they should be top quality.

post #2897 of 8016

Hi guys,

 

I just have 4 Russian Rockets (claimed  NOS, military spec:confused:, Code:6H1n, 1-74) arrived, but all of them have different levels of distortion:angry_face:, L/R channel is balance though. After running them on my T1 for 10 mins, the distortion got improved slightly. Can anyone please tell me if this is normal or they're basically doomed:(? (I'm newbie to tubes:o). Much appreciated.

 

post #2898 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgkwgk View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

I've been threatening to start some T1 tube rolling and stumbled on to your conversation regarding changing the balance of the T1.  I followed your instructions but I do not see a device name "Aune T1" in the control panel.    Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, "Select a playback device below to modify its settings."   The icons that are not greyed out are "Digital Audio (S/PDIF, High Definition Audio Device Ready" and "SPDIF Interface USB Audio Device Default Device."  The latter has a green check mark next to it.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. 

 

Do I have something screwed up???

 

Thanks in advance.

Hi wgkwgk....so, connect your Aune and press on the icon volume; there double click on the icon of the device and a window with the device properties will be opened....there, go to the third tab from the left and there is a "Balance" button.


Edited by Inevitability - 9/25/13 at 1:54am
post #2899 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarurururu View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

I just have 4 Russian Rockets (claimed  NOS, military spec:confused:, Code:6H1n, 1-74) arrived, but all of them have different levels of distortion:angry_face:, L/R channel is balance though. After running them on my T1 for 10 mins, the distortion got improved slightly. Can anyone please tell me if this is normal or they're basically doomed:(? (I'm newbie to tubes:o). Much appreciated.

 

They really looks like the ones i've just bought...If i'm not in error they are 6N1P; as stated in the page of the ebay seller they're not a direct replacement for 6922/6DJ8....etc because they work with a different (higher) tension. In fact I experienced the same degree of distortion but i was expecting it.

This is the table with the tension and current values (taken from the seller's page)

 

IMPORTANT!! It can not replace in all times a 6DJ8 etc... Especially on a rather low tension, for intance about 90V (or lower) works the 6N1P not good or even not at all. On tensions above 150V, if the idle current is correct this tube can give very good results.

 

6DJ8

     

7308

 
 

ECC88

E88CC

6922

6N1P

E188CC

 

Vh

6,3

6,3

6,3

6,3

6,3

V

Ih

0,3

0,3

0,3

0,6

0,335

A

Va

90

90

100

250

100

V

Ia

15

15

15

7,5

15

mA

-Vg1

1.3

 

1.5

4.5

 

V

S

12.5

12.5

12.5

4.4

12.5

mA/V

µ

33

33

33

35

33

 

Ri

2.64

2.64

2.64

4.4

2.64

k Ohm

Req.

300

300

300

 

250

Ohm

Va max.

130

220

220

300

250

V

Ik max.

20

 

20

25

22

mA

Pa max.

1.8

2.0 / 1.5

2.0 / 1.5

 

2.0 / 1.65

W

Rg1 max.

1.0

1.0

1.0

1.0

1.0

M Ohm

post #2900 of 8016

Hi Inevitability,

 

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated.

 

Well, I just got a reply from the seller, he also said it should be equivalent to 6N1P as well, but in fact it doesn't work out on my T1. So in the future if anyone wanna give it a try just bare this in mind. Lucky the tubes are inexpensive at all, lesson learnt.

 

All 4 of mine can't even produce normal sound, hopefully your lot will be fine:o 

post #2901 of 8016

My rockets are 6N23P (rocket logo only) and they work just fine. I would always try to get refund if the tubes are not working as intended.

post #2902 of 8016

Got it.  I was concerned that since I didn't see "Aune T1" it may have not been properly installed.  Many thanks!

post #2903 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
 

My rockets are 6N23P (rocket logo only) and they work just fine. I would always try to get refund if the tubes are not working as intended.

 

Well, actually it is normal that they don't work with the Aune T1 (and the seller explicitly wrote it in the tubes' page) because of their different working tension (they are 6N1P not 6N23P; I own a pair of reflektor 6N23P and they work fine with T1). So he can send them back because they are not the tubes he was looking for (and me too XD) but not because they are faulty.

Anyway i'm not asking a refund; they are in good condition and the markings are clearly visible (date, code and the two logos).
Who knows? Maybe I'll need them in the future for another amplifier
post #2904 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
 

Well, actually it is normal that they don't work with the Aune T1 (and the seller explicitly wrote it in the tubes' page) because of their different working tension (they are 6N1P not 6N23P; I own a pair of reflektor 6N23P and they work fine with T1).

 

We should probably mention this in the list of supported tubes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
 

Maybe I'll need them in the future for another amplifier

 

Planning on upgrading to Lyr? ;)

post #2905 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
 

 

We should probably mention this in the list of supported tubes.

 

 

Planning on upgrading to Lyr? ;)

 

yes, good idea :) . With such a similar name is easy to get the wrong tube. In fact i'd like to get an upgrade; I'll keep using the Aune T1 as DAC and I'll buy a tube amplifier but i'm not sure about this. I was thinking about the Little Dot MK III, the DarkVoice 336se and the Schiit Valhalla (but i've read the last one has a cold, not so tubey, sound). Anyway i'm not going to do this now; maybe by the end of the year or even later.

 

P.S:What about Lyr? does it have a warmer sound than the little brother?


Edited by Inevitability - 9/25/13 at 10:37am
post #2906 of 8016
The thing that I like about the Darkvoice 336 is that tube rolling is "cheaper". You're not pressured to buy matched pairs. smily_headphones1.gif Just my quick .02.
post #2907 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
 

P.S:What about Lyr? does it have a warmer sound than the little brother?

 

I was just wondering since some T1 users here upgraded to Lyr. I can't really tell whether Lyr is any warmer than Valhalla, but if and when you upgrade please post your impressions about tube rolling in T1 vs in the new amp.

post #2908 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

The thing that I like about the Darkvoice 336 is that tube rolling is "cheaper". You're not pressured to buy matched pairs. smily_headphones1.gif Just my quick .02.

Good point! +1 to Darkvoice :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
 

 

I was just wondering since some T1 users here upgraded to Lyr. I can't really tell whether Lyr is any warmer than Valhalla, but if and when you upgrade please post your impressions about tube rolling in T1 vs in the new amp.

 

Actually Lyr is above my budget now, that's why I looked at those chinese amplifiers. But in the near future I could even go for Lyr, without trying some cheaper amp first.

In that case, I will surely share my impressions :)
post #2909 of 8016

Does anyone know a neutral sounding, transparent tube with a wide soundstage that is widely/cheaply available? All I could find was the Telefunken PCC189, but they don't seem to be very common.

post #2910 of 8016
Quote:
Originally Posted by hojomojo96 View Post
 

Does anyone know a neutral sounding, transparent tube with a wide soundstage that is widely/cheaply available? All I could find was the Telefunken PCC189, but they don't seem to be very common.

 

Amperex Orange Globe (6DJ8, US$15) sounds good to me in terms of separation and soundstage, but not sure how wide the soundstage you want. Comparing with Tungsram PCC189, Amperex is wider IMO. Also I just bought a piece of Telefunken PCC189 and pair of Bugle Boy this morning, might share some impression once they arrive:popcorn:.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***