Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 426

post #6376 of 6390
T1 with 7308 to a vintage receiver with the 580's sound very good to me. Done for a while i think...
post #6377 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post

Hd580"s. They played plenty loud with the gain all the way up, but there was no oomph. Hooked up a vintage receiver i had in the attic and was like, ok, now we're talking! Night and day difderence, the 580's came alive...

 

Oh that's what you meant. When you said anemic, I thought you meant it couldn't get loud enough. What you described, I call it 'sound coloring'. Wideness, EQ, frequency separations, etc. It's like the capacitors mod with the T1. It doesn't sound louder, but quite better. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoss View Post
 

Yeah, I installed SOX for foobar, but I'd prefer to play the files natively. It's a pain in the ass that it supports 96kHz but not 88.2... also DSD would be really nice. Wish Aune would use the DSD1793 and give us DSD and 24/192 functionality. I've been using foo_input_sacd and it does a good job with dff/dsf files as well. 

 

Not that I think 24/192 sounds any different than 24/96, but I just want to play the files without any resampling... picky picky I know.

 

They do have DSD DAC: http://pub.hifidiy.net/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=189&id=8

post #6378 of 6390
By anemic i meant thin sounding
post #6379 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post

T1 with 7308 to a vintage receiver with the 580's sound very good to me. Done for a while i think...

I bet! I've heard many people say 600/580 sounds best with vintage receivers. Based on my experience with the 7308 and neutralish headphones, I would bet that setup sounds absolutely incredible.
post #6380 of 6390
Was thinking about an asguard 2 to reduce the footprint of the receiver(which is huge on a coffee table lol) but it just sounds too good to change i think...
post #6381 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by creatip View Post
 

 

Oh that's what you meant. When you said anemic, I thought you meant it couldn't get loud enough. What you described, I call it 'sound coloring'. Wideness, EQ, frequency separations, etc. It's like the capacitors mod with the T1. It doesn't sound louder, but quite better. 

 

 

 

They do have DSD DAC: http://pub.hifidiy.net/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=189&id=8

I would buy this if it had the tube buffer. Damn.

post #6382 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post

Was thinking about an asguard 2 to reduce the footprint of the receiver(which is huge on a coffee table lol) but it just sounds too good to change i think...

I envy this mystical ability to "think about" getting a new piece of gear, and then NOT buy it. LOL!
post #6383 of 6390

How good are these with the HE-400? I'm thinking about maybe using a Genalex Gold Lion with it.

post #6384 of 6390
Lol, I even talked my wife into getting it for me for christmas! Thing is, the other night i was listening and really enjoying it, and said to myself screw it, im good. For now...
post #6385 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansotek View Post

I envy this mystical ability to "think about" getting a new piece of gear, and then NOT buy it. LOL!
My luck i'd get the asgard 2 and like my receiver more...
post #6386 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemia View Post

How good are these with the HE-400? I'm thinking about maybe using a Genalex Gold Lion with it.

I love the Aune T1 with the HE400! It's simultaneously very fast sounding and very full sounding. A rare combo, indeed.
post #6387 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarc View Post

Lol, I even talked my wife into getting it for me for christmas! Thing is, the other night i was listening and really enjoying it, and said to myself screw it, im good. For now...

It's possible! I don't know if you've looked into the Bottlehead Crack + Speedball at all, but that could be a possible upgrade route if you get the jones to switch. I've heard many head-fiers call this the best amp for the 580/600/650 Senns. Plus, you'd have the satisfaction of building it yourself.
post #6388 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansotek View Post

It's possible! I don't know if you've looked into the Bottlehead Crack + Speedball at all, but that could be a possible upgrade route if you get the jones to switch. I've heard many head-fiers call this the best amp for the 580/600/650 Senns. Plus, you'd have the satisfaction of building it yourself.
Somewhere down the road I'm thinking of doing senn hd700's, a lyr and the mid level schiit dac(can't think of the name) edit-bifrost
Edited by SirMarc - Today at 3:29 pm
post #6389 of 6390
That's a pretty sweet endgame. I might spring for a Bifrost myself, if I see a deal on one tomorrow! Kinda doubtful though, Schiit doesn't really do sales, from what I understand. (And I probably have enough audio-related debt as it is!)
post #6390 of 6390
I want tubes somewhere in the chain. I have 2 7308's i could use in the lyr. But to be honest, pretty happy right now. Was listening to porcupine tree in 48/24 last night and got the magic. Pretty amazing considering how cheap this gear is(reletively at least lol)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***