Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 369

post #5521 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoss View Post
 

Interesting. I think it looks like a Russian tube, but I'm no expert. (Maybe Sovtek?) 

 

Here is another listing from the same seller that I think also looks odd...

 

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RARE-Style-AMPEREX-6DJ8-ECC88-Fat-Pinched-Bottom-VACUUM-TUBE-Cup-Getter-356-/231078581807?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item35cd5b562f&_uhb=1

 

 

 

Interested in other opinions on these tubes. Are you going to contact him about returning it, or are you happy with the sound?

 

I also think that they look like russian tubes. And the Sovtek is really looking similar.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-SOVTEK-6922-Pre-Ampr-Tube-E88CC-ECC88-CCa-6DJ8-/321141640917

post #5522 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post

What do you guys think of the Genalex Gold Lion E88CC tube? And how does it compare to the stock 6922EH tubes?

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/2010#post_9502294

 

I'd go for Amperex 7308. It's the king regardless of headphones. This being said you can probably find cheaper alternatives to match your headphone signature.

post #5523 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/2010#post_9502294

I'd go for Amperex 7308. It's the king regardless of headphones. This being said you can probably find cheaper alternatives to match your headphone signature.

http://www.upscaleaudio.com/amperex-7308-vintage-gold-pin/

There's Driver ($50), Gold ($75) and Platinum grade ($80). I understand that the Platinum has the lowest noise and microphonics, but is there a difference in SQ? And is it worth the extra $30?
post #5524 of 5960

A user here tried the driver grade and it works fine, if my memory correct.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post


http://www.upscaleaudio.com/amperex-7308-vintage-gold-pin/

There's Driver ($50), Gold ($75) and Platinum grade ($80). I understand that the Platinum has the lowest noise and microphonics, but is there a difference in SQ? And is it worth the extra $30?

 

@ ElBartoME & mikoss: yes the pictures in your links looks like my tube. I can't find any HP labeled Amperex which similar with my tube. I think my HP tube is in fact a relabeled sovtek.  Thanks for your helps :)


Edited by jipan - 7/6/14 at 7:30am
post #5525 of 5960
Yes , driver is fine for Aune T1
post #5526 of 5960

I've been lurking this thread for a while. I finally got a different tube (Amperex Orange Globe). Sound stage feels bigger than before. Less bass on my DT990s but it feels tighter. Thanks to everyone who reviewed the different tubes. :dt880smile:

 

 

post #5527 of 5960

Nice pictures @hk1388. Glad you're enjoying the OG! Such a great tube. May I also recommend the Voskhod Rocket 6N23P... if you're into the Beyer sound, I think it sounds great for rock. Less refined than the OG, but certainly very musical and raw. The rocket is also super cheap. (around $10 shipped on ebay). Just an unsolicited recommendation :P

post #5528 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoss View Post
 

Nice pictures @hk1388. Glad you're enjoying the OG! Such a great tube. May I also recommend the Voskhod Rocket 6N23P... if you're into the Beyer sound, I think it sounds great for rock. Less refined than the OG, but certainly very musical and raw. The rocket is also super cheap. (around $10 shipped on ebay). Just an unsolicited recommendation :P

 

Thanks!

 

I looked on ebay. Maybe my search skills are bad but I couldn't find any for less than $20. You have a link to them?

post #5529 of 5960
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk1388 View Post
 

 

Thanks!

 

I looked on ebay. Maybe my search skills are bad but I couldn't find any for less than $20. You have a link to them?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/6N23P-russ-Zweifachtriode-in-Spanngitterbauweise-Made-in-UdSSR-/251576239291?pt=Röhren&hash=item3a931cc4bb

 

Here's one. With shipping to the US 10$ (7,50€). ;) In used condition but the guy says tested 100%/95%.

A bit funny but this offer isn't listed on ebay.com even if you select location worldwide.

post #5530 of 5960

A question for maybe @ElBartoME or @Salvatore or @CoiL or anyone else who might know...

 

Has anyone tried upgrading the op-amps inside of this thing? Would it make much a difference in sound quality?

 

I have never swapped op-amps before, but I heard they are cheap to buy and sometimes easy to swap.

 

As I understand, there are separate op amps; one for the amp (NE5532) and one for the dac (OPA2134)?

 

 

Just asking for information, and maybe possibly to play around. Thanks.

post #5531 of 5960
I've never messed with SMDs so I don't know the difficulty level of it but, it looks like there's enough room to install a socket so you can hot swap opamps for the dac at least. I don't think there's enough clearance to do the same on the headphone amp board itself. Looks like it'll be a tight fit.

PIC
post #5532 of 5960

Yes you would have to install a socket like MrEleventy suggested in order to install/roll opamps

post #5533 of 5960
Yes, I have used the driver grade for the past year. It works perfectly for the tube buffer application of the Aune T1. I wouldn't spend the extra for gold or platinum.
post #5534 of 5960

RTC labeled Amperex PCC189 is good! Extended but smooth and relaxed treble, smooth vocals (not raw like Phillips PCC88) and laid back presentation. Vocals not as up-front and raw as Phillips PCC88, RTC PCC189 more laid-back. Details is good, worse than Phillips PCC88 but better than HP labeled Sovtek. Less holographic than Phillips PCC88 but again, better than Sovtek. This tube is like middle-ground between Sovtek and Phillips PCC88.

post #5535 of 5960

i have a question,can i use 6n1p tube with the aune t1? cause i have a 6n1p tube when i put it in and play music,there is a cracking sound so i am wondering what is the problem?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***