Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 31

post #451 of 6067

It didn't have a power supply?   That is very weird.   It should be an outboard transformer with a 5 pin plug to go into the back of the T1 and a plug to go to the wall outlet.  I would write the place you bought from immediately.

 

Good luck.

post #452 of 6067
It didn't come with a power supply?
post #453 of 6067
Has anyone thought of a battery supply for the Aune? Is it worth messing with?
post #454 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by toschek View Post

It didn't have a power supply?   That is very weird.   It should be an outboard transformer with a 5 pin plug to go into the back of the T1 and a plug to go to the wall outlet.  I would write the place you bought from immediately.

 

Good luck.

No it has power supply, but it has only US plug, nor EU, so I need to buy one for about $2 by myself:). The transformer is bigger and even heavier than aune. Only one thing annoys me...something is moving inside transformer if I shake with it a little.

post #455 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post

It didn't come with a power supply?


bigsmile_face.gifMy bad english caused a little hype. But I was really trying to explain that:).

post #456 of 6067

So far I can't judge the sound, but the constructions is...wow. I expected it to be good, but it's more than that. Elegant is the word I guess.

post #457 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuma-elis View Post
...something is moving inside transformer if I shake with it a little.

Thats not good ;( My Aune T1 and PSU is rock solid from everywhere when i shake it. Maybe you should return it under warranty?

From where did you order it? 


Edited by CoiL - 1/30/13 at 11:29am
post #458 of 6067

This is probably a very stupid question, but I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to these things. I'm planning on purchasing the Aune T1 very soon as an upgrade over the Ibasso D4 I've been using to power my Ultrasone pro 900's for over a year. At the same time, I'm planning on purchasing a stereo system. Does the T1 function as a preamp through the rca outs? Or is it a fixed line out like my D4 Mamba? Thanks.

post #459 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuma-elis View Post

My Aune just came. They send it with 6922EH even it meant to be 6N11 so I have a good start for tube rolling. There is no wall plug(don't know how can I call it, even in my language)...that thing you stick into the wall:). Need to wait till tomorrow, cause all shops are closed now... But I¨m really glad for 6922.

 

Yeah I just got mine also. Mine came with EU adapter, but that adapter is very bad chinese quality and doesn't fit our plugs. Unfortunately the transducer is located between two relatively short cords which complicates the placing of the product. The cord can be removed from the amp but not from the transducer so it's not easy to replace the power cord. The actual amp sounds nice but I'm positive that I need more tubes than the stock 6922EH. The 6922 sounds a bit too intimate and close for me so I definitely need a clearer and wider sounding tube. Especially the vocals could be clearer (I use treble +2db with my E17). The bass is better with T1/6922. Altogether the T1 seems to be more engaging and somewhat better sounding. Need to A/B more to give better analysis about the sound vs. E17. Been testing the gain settings and it seems that I can drive my K702 even with the 0 gain (not sure but the sound seems to be best with 0 gain). Also the volume knob is very nice. There is definitely potential in T1 and for 160 euros this is a recommended buy. I might, however, want to hang on to my E17 for a while before I find the right tube(s) for me. E17 has its advantages. It is portable, cheap, doesn't need time to warm up, can be turned off without turning volume to 0, has internal EQ and is USB powered. With this tube and all other things considered I'd say these are equally good products. I'm sure, however, that when I find the right tube the T1 clearly outperforms the E17. Rocket logo is on the way and is going to be my next tube to test.

post #460 of 6067

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FA035BB-AC-220V-SILVER-COLOR-Aune-T1-24Bit-96KHz-DAC-Hi-Fi-Preamp-Audio-Decoder-6N11/695543397.html I will write them whether It's bad or not, and tomorrow will try it.

post #461 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

 

Yeah I just got mine also. Mine came with EU adapter, but that adapter is very bad chinese quality and doesn't fit our plugs. Unfortunately the transducer is located between two relatively short cords which complicates the placing of the product. The cord can be removed from the amp but not from the transducer so it's not easy to replace the power cord. The actual amp sounds nice but I'm positive that I need more tubes than the stock 6922EH. The 6922 sounds a bit too intimate and close for me so I definitely need a clearer and wider sounding tube. Especially the vocals could be clearer (I use treble +2db with my E17). The bass is better with T1/6922. Altogether the T1 seems to be more engaging and somewhat better sounding. Need to A/B more to give better analysis about the sound vs. E17. Been testing the gain settings and it seems that I can drive my K702 even with the 0 gain (not sure but the sound seems to be best with 0 gain). Also the volume knob is very nice. There is definitely potential in T1 and for 160 euros this is a recommended buy. I might, however, want to hang on to my E17 for a while before I find the right tube(s) for me. E17 has its advantages. It is portable, cheap, doesn't need time to warm up, can be turned off without turning volume to 0, has internal EQ and is USB powered. With this tube and all other things considered I'd say these are equally good products. I'm sure, however, that when I find the right tube the T1 clearly outperforms the E17. Rocket logo is on the way and is going to be my next tube to test.


Can you post a picture how does it look like?

post #462 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuma-elis View Post


Can you post a picture how does it look like?

 

The transducer and the power cord? Or the adapter?

post #463 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post

 

The transducer and the power cord? Or the adapter?


The adapter.

post #464 of 6067
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey197 View Post

This is probably a very stupid question, but I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to these things. I'm planning on purchasing the Aune T1 very soon as an upgrade over the Ibasso D4 I've been using to power my Ultrasone pro 900's for over a year. At the same time, I'm planning on purchasing a stereo system. Does the T1 function as a preamp through the rca outs? Or is it a fixed line out like my D4 Mamba? Thanks.

The T1 will work in a stereo system perfectly as long as you set it up as such:

T1 USB as source-->Speaker Amp/Receiver via T1 RCA Out-->Stereo speakers

Look at the FAQ on first page for further explanation.
post #465 of 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post


The T1 will work in a stereo system perfectly as long as you set it up as such:

T1 USB as source-->Speaker Amp/Receiver via T1 RCA Out-->Stereo speakers

Look at the FAQ on first page for further explanation.

 


Ok, so my T1 will function as a preamp when connected through rca out to my power amp for my bookshelf speakers? Excellent. That is all I needed to know.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***