Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 259

post #3871 of 5664

Oh my... you just opened up another "level" of Aune T1 ! Now we need schematic for building that adapter!!!  

post #3872 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Oh my... you just opened up another "level" of Aune T1 ! Now we need schematic for building that adapter!!!  

 

 

its very simple. Pin list is from the 6SN7...

 

 

6SN7..6DJ8

Pin 1 to 2

Pin 2 to 1

Pin 3 to 3

Pin 4 to 7

Pin 5 to 6

Pin 6 to 8

Pin 7 to 4

Pin 8 to 5

 

Pin 9 is not used.


Edited by lwrs10 - 1/4/14 at 4:16pm
post #3873 of 5664

Thanks! Can`t wait to try this ;P Let us know when you find some good sounding 6SN7!

 

Edit: Just for information 6SN7 is 6.3V / 600mA


Edited by CoiL - 1/4/14 at 4:21pm
post #3874 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Thanks! Can`t wait to try this ;P Let us know when you find some good sounding 6SN7!

 

Edit: Just for information 6SN7 is 6.3V / 600mA

 

 

Well, this RCA Ruby Base makes a clean electric guitar come out and dance on my desk. Still some treble issues.....but bass is great overall. 

 

 

My next adventure is 12AT7, 12AU7, and maybe a 12AY7. Can't do a 12AX7 since the gain is too high. Only have to swap 2 wires to make the whole 12XX7 series work.


Edited by lwrs10 - 1/4/14 at 4:27pm
post #3875 of 5664

Can you tell for what pin9 "internal shield" in case of 6DJ8 etc. is needed for? Isn`t it dangerous to "remove" that pin9 in case of 6SN7 > 6DJ8 adapter?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrs10 View Post

 

My next adventure is 12AT7, 12AU7, and maybe a 12AY7. Can't do a 12AX7 since the gain is too high. Only have to swap 2 wires to make the whole 12XX7 series work.

Please be kind and give us pin-out "schematics" too for all of those types. I will later make proper schematics to everyone to try! There are many who would like to roll their 12XX7 series tubes!


Edited by CoiL - 1/4/14 at 4:44pm
post #3876 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrs10 View Post
 

Well one of those Harmon Kardon ECC85's is bad.....damn. 

 

 

 

Lets see what type of reaction this gets......

 

I noticed your Aune is hooked up to another amp ,wouldn't this be little off for comparison since most will only use standalone T1 ?

 

as for Harmon Kardon ECC85...there is a bunch on ebay 


Edited by spacequeen7 - 1/4/14 at 4:54pm
post #3877 of 5664

That`s why I don`t stop repeating that there are many nuances that make tubes sound different to ppl.
But atm I`m mostly interested just trying other "new" tube types with adapter rather than chasing tubes with little analytical comparing and only 1 user opinion (don`t take it bad way lwrs10). Your effort is highly appreciated by me & surely by others!


Edited by CoiL - 1/4/14 at 4:56pm
post #3878 of 5664
[quote name="CoiL" url=""
Did you tested those types by yourself or was it just assumption by tube requirements? Asking because then I know if I will add them to "blue" tube list wink.gif
[/quote]

Yes, everything I've said will work comes after testing them myself.

-Mike
post #3879 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrs10 View Post
 

 

 

Well, this RCA Ruby Base makes a clean electric guitar come out and dance on my desk. Still some treble issues.....but bass is great overall. 

 

 

My next adventure is 12AT7, 12AU7, and maybe a 12AY7. Can't do a 12AX7 since the gain is too high. Only have to swap 2 wires to make the whole 12XX7 series work.

Well heck..I have been asking about this..I have a BUNCH of 12AU7's (and 12AX7's) but you say 2 wires need to be swapped? I though there was already an adapter somewhere on the bay ?

post #3880 of 5664

12AU7 (ECC82) Tube Pinout Diagram 

post #3881 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

It does not control line out, only headphone jack out.

 

 

Ok, thanks for that.

 

Let me know how crazy this sounds to you guys:

 

My current setup is:

 

Dedicated computer loaded with FLAC and SHN music.

M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard > Adcom GPT-350 preamp > DBX 234s crossover 

      out of the crossover:   Low - Polk Audio pwr subwoofers (L and R)

                                       Mid - Crest FA901 

                                       High- Ashly 1000M 

 

I want to remove my Adcom solid state preamp as all of my music now comes from dedicated computer/hard drive.  It was good for 20 years but time to move up.

 

I'd like to come out of the PC via usb to the Aune T1 and go straight into the DBX crossover but I can't control the volume from the Aune T1.

 

How would you guys feel if I were to put a USB volume controller into the PC and have it control global audio settings out to the Aune ?

 

something like the griffin powermate:  http://store.griffintechnology.com/powermate

 

 

now I could control audio out to the Aune.  I could also assign other functions to the powermate (press to mute....etc)

 

What do you think?  Other suggestions?

post #3882 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacequeen7 View Post
 

I noticed your Aune is hooked up to another amp ,wouldn't this be little off for comparison since most will only use standalone T1 ?

 

as for Harmon Kardon ECC85...there is a bunch on ebay 

 

 

The fact that I am using speakers instead of headphones should not really matter. I am very familiar with how it sounds, so I can hear any change. Speakers will sometimes show more than headphones, and headphones will sometimes show more than speakers. I can very easily plug in some headphones I have and compare also, which I will do after all this initial impression stuff. 

 

 

 

I am trying out an RCA JAN 5692 right now, which a military version of a 6SN7, and it sounds very nice. 

 

Building the 12XX7 adapter right now to try out.


Edited by lwrs10 - 1/4/14 at 6:17pm
post #3883 of 5664
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrs10 View Post
 

 

 

The fact that I am using speakers instead of headphones should not really matter. I am very familiar with how it sounds, so I can hear any change. Speakers will sometimes show more than headphones, and headphones will sometimes show more than speakers. I can very easily plug in some headphones I have and compare also, which I will do after all this initial impression stuff. 

 

 

 

I am trying out an RCA JAN 5692 right now, which a military version of a 6SN7, and it sounds very nice. 

 

Building the 12XX7 adapter right now to try out.

Thank you for doing this ,your socket mod looks wild :eek:

post #3884 of 5664
Dat socket mod. Prepare your inbox to be flooded.
post #3885 of 5664

First 12AT7 did not do so well. But the tube test bad, so time to swap in another one or 30....

 

 

 

And there we go.....swapped in a known good 12AT7. Now we have both channels!

 


Edited by lwrs10 - 1/4/14 at 9:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***