Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 240

post #3586 of 6484
Quote:

Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

 

You should test to see if you can isolate the issue to your T1. try just playing stuff direct from your source & if the issue reappears, it can be a computer/player/jack issue.

 

Yeah, did that already unfortunately.  It sounds fine when playing directly through the headphone jack or through my fiio E17.

post #3587 of 6484

Imo you should try another tube. Seems like a tube problem. 6922EH `s are pretty known not to last long. Well, my T1 has been burning lots of tubes long time and haven`t had any issues with tubes dying yet. If you are located in US then just grab that JAN Sylvania 6922 tube for example I mentioned before. ~17$ isn`t much for this good tube.

post #3588 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devmoo View Post

That happened to my DAC like a few months ago, I don't know why but I had to return it and get a new one. It wasn't the tube. I hope it does not happen again.. and it's happened to a few others here now it seems. I'm a little worried, but the new one from hong kong is doing very well at the moment. 

Just purchased an Amperax 7308 Platinum to go with my HE 400 and T1. Pretty excited! I heard people saying tubes die out over time, but if I spent 100$ on a tube... i'd hope it would last alot longer than just a year. Will update how it sounds! 

Good luck with the 7308, mine's great, even though I got "driver grade". For the past 6 months mine has performed perfectly. Keep us advised.
post #3589 of 6484

What's the consensus on a tube that will provide crisp detailed sound?

post #3590 of 6484

Many detailed sounding tubes out there but what exactly you mean about crisp? Imo something that sounds "crisp" has littlebit lack of mids section, thus more highs-emphasized sound, not that it`s a bad thing but depending on music genre some things might "lack of body". 


Edited by CoiL - 12/19/13 at 11:55am
post #3591 of 6484

Would this pair nicely as a DAC for the HE-500 and Emotiva rig?

post #3592 of 6484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

Would this pair nicely as a DAC for the HE-500 and Emotiva rig?

That was my exact rig except I had the HE-5LE. I got rid of the HE-5LE and use the emotiva for speakers only now but the T1 was and is great for that. I just realized planars aren't for me.
post #3593 of 6484
Would you say the aune t1 is better than the hrt ms2? Even in this specific rig too?
post #3594 of 6484
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

Would you say the aune t1 is better than the hrt ms2? Even in this specific rig too?
I had the headstreamer not the music streamer so I can't comment. The great thing about the T1 is you can easily change the sound by swapping tubes. You just have to grab some extra tubes and try them until you get the sound you want. A tube swap changes the sound significantly to the extent that its like a whole new piece of equipment with each tube.
post #3595 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post


I had the headstreamer not the music streamer so I can't comment. The great thing about the T1 is you can easily change the sound by swapping tubes. You just have to grab some extra tubes and try them until you get the sound you want. A tube swap changes the sound significantly to the extent that its like a whole new piece of equipment with each tube.

I've heard its better to get a tube amp paired w/ a ss dac rather than the tube dac + ss amp of the T1, as you want to keep the source signal as clean as possible before amping it. however, i'm sure the t1 performs admirably.

post #3596 of 6484
I'm considering getting the ms2 dac at $87 right now. I have to decide very soon and if I don't like it I could always put it back up on the classifieds. I'm wondering how it compares with the t1 dac though. Also if I can find a used t1 right now at around $100 I'd jump on it instead of the ms2 but I've had no luck. :/
post #3597 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post
 

I've heard its better to get a tube amp paired w/ a ss dac rather than the tube dac + ss amp of the T1, as you want to keep the source signal as clean as possible before amping it. however, i'm sure the t1 performs admirably.

 

That is not necessarily true.

 

Many people prefer to use a tube pre followed by a solid state amp, myself included.

 

With the T1, it's a solid state DAC, followed by a tube buffer, then a solid state amp.   Many people also use tube analog output stages on DACs and CD players/transports.

 

 

   -Mike


Edited by mhamel - 12/20/13 at 6:57pm
post #3598 of 6484

is anyone here pairing T1 with HD 650 ? ,will T1 drive HD 650 ? 

post #3599 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacequeen7 View Post

is anyone here pairing T1 with HD 650 ? ,will T1 drive HD 650 ? 

I am. It works very well imo.
post #3600 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacequeen7 View Post

is anyone here pairing T1 with HD 650 ? ,will T1 drive HD 650 ? 

Check the "search this thread" function a number of people use the HD600 and HD650 and say they work well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***