Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 231

post #3451 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

This is my solution: Line out into another amp. Works perfectly. 



Isn't that just a feature of the t1? Essentially just using the dac right? I would how it works perfectly haha.

Hmm does the line out bypass the amp? Never really finished reading that ibstruction manual lol.
post #3452 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknet View Post


Isn't that just a feature of the t1? Essentially just using the dac right? I would how it works perfectly haha.

Hmm does the line out bypass the amp? Never really finished reading that ibstruction manual lol.

 

As is my understanding, it's only using the T1 DAC, and bypassing the amp section - just using the line out (via RCA) to another headphone amp (in this case, the EF1).

 

I don't know a lot about the internals of the T1, so I'm not sure exactly how the amp is bypassed by using the line out. 

post #3453 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

This is my solution: Line out into another amp. Works perfectly. 



Your solution is perfect. There's no double amping, the Aune is just used as a DAC, people who get the Vali would put it in where your tube amp is.
Seeing that the Vali uses fixed tubes, a user would need to get synergy between the units by rolling the Aune tube.
post #3454 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyslogical View Post
 

I am loving my T1, but the power supply got fried (I opened it up after smelling burning electronics and found the plastic housing of the windings melted as well as crispy black wires). Does anyone know if this is a special power supply or if I can order a replacement somewhere? I've contacted Aune, but thought you guys might have some knowledge about it. The information on the power supply reads:

Model: T1--1504
Input: AC 110V~50/60Hz
Output: AC 15V-0-15V 1A

Thanks!


Haven't noticed a reply to this.  I wouldn't think there's anything too special with the PS of the T1, all you have to do is match the output you quoted and of course make sure that the connector is the same.  I'd be curious to see what Aune's reply is though!

post #3455 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgleMirt View Post
 


Haven't noticed a reply to this.  I wouldn't think there's anything too special with the PS of the T1, all you have to do is match the output you quoted and of course make sure that the connector is the same.  I'd be curious to see what Aune's reply is though!

 

There is nothing more than a transformer in the Aune power brick.    It's as 15-0-15 VAC output.

 

It should be fairly easy to DIY a replacement of much better quality.

post #3456 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamel View Post
 

 

There is nothing more than a transformer in the Aune power brick.    It's as 15-0-15 VAC output.

 

It should be fairly easy to DIY a replacement of much better quality.

 

It's an interesting plug on the end of the cable - is it proprietary? 

post #3457 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

It's an interesting plug on the end of the cable - is it proprietary? 

 

No, not at all.   It's a 5-in DIN male connector, very common and easy to find.

 

However, you can always recycle the existing cable/connector.

post #3458 of 5841

Many thanks to all for the great discussions of tube rolling in this thread. While my ears are not yet tuned up enough to contribute, I thought you might be entertained by this.

 

I saw this Amperex 7092 Big ***** Glass Jug Display Tube Induction Heating Triode on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amperex-7092-Big-A-Glass-Jug-Display-Tube-Induction-Heating-Triode/321263371275?_trksid=p2047675.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D333005%26algo%3DRIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D177%26meid%3D3173625408008268889%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D301003673822%26

 

If I could get it to work in my T1, I would feel like I was in a 50s sci fi movie! Alas its a single triode, so even if I could get it to work I would only have one channel, but the bass response would probably be awesome! Might would increase my electric bill, though.

 

 

post #3459 of 5841

Hi Guys,

 

was on the lookout for a tube amplifier and have been reading the AUNE T1 for a while after being referred to it by White Lotus on one of my other posts.

 

I have placed an order for the T1 and should be getting it shortly.

 

I have been reading through a lot of the thread on this thread and will start to try the tube rolling slowly.

 

Is this the Voshod (rocket logo) that has been referred to in many posts and is it worth picking up ? or should i go for the Amperex 7308 or goldlion ?

 

Regards,

Prashant Divakaran

 

Edit: added hyperlink


Edited by ppdv - 12/5/13 at 5:56am
post #3460 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdv View Post
 

Hi Guys,

 

was on the lookout for a tube amplifier and have been reading the AUNE T1 for a while after being referred to it by White Lotus on one of my other posts.

 

I have placed an order for the T1 and should be getting it shortly.

 

I have been reading through a lot of the thread on this thread and will start to try the tube rolling slowly.

 

Is this the Voshod (rocket logo) that has been referred to in many posts and is it worth picking up ? or should i go for the Amperex 7308 or goldlion ?

 

Regards,

Prashant Divakaran

 

Edit: added hyperlink


You my friend are badly misguided. Aune is a Tube DAC with an amp and is not a tube amp.

 

Which headphones are you looking to use?

post #3461 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 


You my friend are badly misguided. Aune is a Tube DAC with an amp and is not a tube amp.

 

Which headphones are you looking to use?

Yep, my bad. I did read around 170 pages of post on this thread and still managed to make it wrong when posting ;).

I have an ATHM50c for now, planning on testing beyers/senns soon, going through a busy work period and hence dont have weekends also free, though it will get compensated later on.

 

Cheers.

post #3462 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdv View Post
 

Hi Guys,

 

was on the lookout for a tube amplifier and have been reading the AUNE T1 for a while after being referred to it by White Lotus on one of my other posts.

 

I have placed an order for the T1 and should be getting it shortly.

 

I have been reading through a lot of the thread on this thread and will start to try the tube rolling slowly.

 

Is this the Voshod (rocket logo) that has been referred to in many posts and is it worth picking up ? or should i go for the Amperex 7308 or goldlion ?

 

Regards,

Prashant Divakaran

 

Edit: added hyperlink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E88CC-ECC88-6DJ8-ROCKET-6N23P-2-NEW-NOS-1986-/161153073863?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item258578c2c7

post #3463 of 5841

Hi isendono,

 

Thanks for the links.. will order them from this link once I have the Aune in my hands.


Regards,

Prashant

post #3464 of 5841

there's also same tubes produced in different years and will be priced differently. I haven't listen to any of them myself though. What I'm trying to say in the previous post is that , 6n1p won't work in aune t1, but 6n23p/6n27p etc will.

post #3465 of 5841
Quote:
Originally Posted by isendono View Post
 

there's also same tubes produced in different years and will be priced differently. I haven't listen to any of them myself though. What I'm trying to say in the previous post is that , 6n1p won't work in aune t1, but 6n23p/6n27p etc will.

got it :)

will need to read through COIL, salvatore and the OP's thread for more tube rolling information. am a complete noob and have a lot to learn.

 

Regards,

Prashant

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***