Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 216

post #3226 of 5113

Hey there,

Any of you guys and gals have tried an E288CC/8223 with the Aune? I know they are subject to a bunch of debates as if they are or not compatible or if they will affect your gear in the long run when subbing for a 6DJ8 family member.

Just trying to check with high-rollers if the tube was ever tested with the unit.

Thanks!

post #3227 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

I thought I'd ask the question before rushing out and grabbing one.. I can't tell if it's an awesome idea or not. 

Was thinking also getting Indeed/Bravo/Little Bear tube amp with 12AU7/6922 tube support but after reading many threads I came to conclusion they need a lot of modding (thus some extra money, time& effort) to get rid of hum/distortion + too much highs from transistors being used etc. ...so I gave up that idea. 
Also I read about Bravo V3 being "downgrade" due to this EQ s**t they added. Don`t know for sure though, haven`t tried it myself but I also think that adding another "EQ buffer" to 2x tube sound is NOT a good idea.

 

If you want cheap with no hassle - go for PA2V2 or O2 better I guess.


Edited by CoiL - 11/11/13 at 2:31pm
post #3228 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Was thinking also getting Indeed/Bravo/Little Bear tube amp with 12AU7/6922 tube support but after reading many threads I came to conclusion they need a lot of modding (thus some extra money, time& effort) to get rid of hum/distortion + too much highs from transistors being used etc. ...so I gave up that idea. 
Also I read about Bravo V3 being "downgrade" due to this EQ s**t they added. Don`t know for sure though, haven`t tried it myself but I also think that adding another "EQ buffer" to 2x tube sound is NOT a good idea.

 

If you want cheap with no hassle - go for PA2V2 or O2 better I guess.


Auuwww... Bad news for me. Yeah, those V2 need to be mod etc. Rather than spending money on amp+mod, I think it's better to get a descent amp. Mod can be cheap if DiY, But asking someone to mod this and that, postage and service charge can make them much more expensive than what you expect.

 

But again, some mod can be very cheap however it's not worth it IMO unless that cheap mod can create another level of SQ. Just my 2 cents.

post #3229 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Was thinking also getting Indeed/Bravo/Little Bear tube amp with 12AU7/6922 tube support but after reading many threads I came to conclusion they need a lot of modding (thus some extra money, time& effort) to get rid of hum/distortion + too much highs from transistors being used etc. ...so I gave up that idea. 
Also I read about Bravo V3 being "downgrade" due to this EQ s**t they added. Don`t know for sure though, haven`t tried it myself but I also think that adding another "EQ buffer" to 2x tube sound is NOT a good idea.

 

If you want cheap with no hassle - go for PA2V2 or O2 better I guess.

 

Damn. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: whyyyyy am I still tempted


Edited by White Lotus - 11/11/13 at 4:11pm
post #3230 of 5113
post #3231 of 5113


For use with the Aune?

post #3232 of 5113

Will do T1 DAC+XDuoo TA-01 amp combo. Comparison so far, TA-01> T1 except the energy in metal, hardcore and rock song.

post #3233 of 5113

Bah, I've just pulled the trigger on the Bravo V3. My girlfriends mum convinced me to do it.

I'll wait for it to come in, then let you guys know how it goes as an output stage for the T1.

 

MAN I am excited. I wonder if I should mod a fan onto it/under it..

post #3234 of 5113

1st thing when you get it - don`t forget to bias the tube triodes. 

Also don`t forget to read this thread about Bravo V3: http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/thread/5289/bravo-amp-v3-tone-control

 

Bravo V3 is actually version 1 of Bravo/Indeed/Bear amps with that "tone control" thingy. The one I would have gotten is V2.

 

But hope you have some fun modding and tweaking it. I`m going for more finished and quality product.


Edited by CoiL - 11/12/13 at 2:41am
post #3235 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post

1st thing when you get it - don`t forget to bias the tube triodes. 
Also don`t forget to read this thread about Bravo V3: http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/thread/5289/bravo-amp-v3-tone-control

Bravo V3 is actually version 1 of Bravo/Indeed/Bear amps with that "tone control" thingy. The one I would have gotten is V2.

But hope you have some fun modding and tweaking it. I`m going for more finished and quality product.

I have yet to read that these little Bravo amps would be an upgrade over the T1 amp which still seems fine for my purposes. After I upgrade my headphones from the HD558 to the 600 or 650 I might consider an upgraded amp but I would look into the Schiit Valhalla or Woo WA6 which would be major investments (and tube rolling the Woo is an expensive proposition).
What amps are you considering CoiL?
post #3236 of 5113

Guys, if I want to use the DAC only, all I need to do is:
RCA audio out (T1)> RCA line in (amp), and switch to line right?

 

So, is it possible to use T1 DAC only, connect to Xduoo TA-01 as amp only. BTW, TA-01 is a DAC amp too but no switchable mode.

http://earmass.com/2013/07/23/xduoo-ta-01-entry-level-tube-dacamp-combo/

post #3237 of 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaBoliQu3 View Post

Guys, if I want to use the DAC only, all I need to do is:

RCA audio out (T1)> RCA line in (amp), and switch to line right?

So, is it possible to use T1 DAC only, connect to Xduoo TA-01 as amp only. BTW, TA-01 is a DAC amp too but no switchable mode.
http://earmass.com/2013/07/23/xduoo-ta-01-entry-level-tube-dacamp-combo/
You don't even have to hit the switch on the T1. The switch only controls the 1/4" hp jack. the RCA out on the T1 is always on and pre-amped. And yeah, it looks like all you need to do is feed it into the line in on the TA-01.

I'm picking up a Tubemagic A1 myself, SS amp with a tube buffer. Couldn't help myself. lol
post #3238 of 5113

Alright Headfi, I seem to be having a very unique problem.

 

Album for reference = http://imgur.com/a/k4x7A

 

So, I got my Aune about a week ago. Everything's working perfectly, but today I ran into a bit of an issue. Before you ask, yes, I restarted my computer twice. Whenever I have my Aune and my Yeti microphone enabled, opening the recording tab under sound manager causes the windows to crash (the left one in the first image of the album). I cannot click anything, but Windows Task Manager says that it's "running."

 

As you can see from the second image, I'm receiving sound (the user Ninja is talking and I can hear him), but the microphone is stuck at that level and not registering. I tried reinstalling Mumble but that didn't help.

 

Now, when you look at the third image, you can see that it registers my webcam's microphone. So far, we know that running both the Aune and the Yeti causes the Yeti to not register.

 

Now something interesting happens. If I disconnect the Aune and go to my Xonar STX, the yeti starts working again (image four). When I turn the Aune back on, the Yeti works, but the rest of the sound stops working. For example, in the fifth image, Foobar doesn't work. If I switch my microphone back to the webcam, the sound begins working on the Aune as normal, but the Yeti stops working again.

 

In the sixth image, you see that I enabled all of the encoded formats for my Aune. The advanced settings are set to the highest quality for my Aune, STX, Webcam, and Yeti.

 

So basically, I can't run my Aune and Yeti at the same time, but I could earlier this week. My Yeti has NEVER had these problems, so I'm starting to think it's the Aune. Is it possible for the Aune to "go bad"? Like I said, I already restarted twice, reinstalled my audio drivers, reinstalled Mumble, and unplugged and replugged my devices in every order possible. Any tips?

post #3239 of 5113
Have you tried a different usb port? I noticed that it made a difference when I had the Modi. I couldn't set bitrate and others from some usb ports.
post #3240 of 5113

Unfortunately that did not work. I changed all of my USB devices around and still either the Yeti doesn't work, or the Aune doesn't work. The recording devices tab only freezes when the Aune is active.


Edited by Acknown3 - 11/12/13 at 5:21pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***