Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 151

post #2251 of 6001
Hello. Would anyone know if the Aune T1 sounds good with the grado sr 225i ?
post #2252 of 6001

You probably need a tube that tames grados highs littlebit, Amperex OG for example.

 

Offtopic: new albums are coming soon from Karnivool and Dead Letter Circus! 

Karnivool new song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_E5ae9ZTwk

Dead letter Circus new song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayXRXhXHEi0

 

Nothing`s changed - total EaRgAsM with T1 + HD-681 mkii + Ultron PCC189 ;P

post #2253 of 6001
Thanks. Would anyone know how the little dot 1+ compares to the aune t1 ?
post #2254 of 6001
post #2255 of 6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRpilgrim View Post

Thanks. Would anyone know how the little dot 1+ compares to the aune t1 ?

The Little Dot is a hybrid (combining tubes and transistors) amplifier. It has no DAC. The Aune is a hybrid DAC with a solid state amplifier. The tube (a 6922 or equivalent) is in the DAC section. If you already have a DAC you could use the Aune amp but you wouldn't get the benefit of the tube. If you have a solid state DAC and want tube sound, a tube amp ((there are many) or hybrid amp like the LD is what you want.
Edited by teb1013 - 7/7/13 at 11:45am
post #2256 of 6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRpilgrim View Post

Would the tubes be something like this? http://www.quartzacoustic.com/shop/driver-tubes/amperex-orange-globe-logo-6dj86922-pre-amp-tube/ Thanks.

Yes. I have 3 different OG`s and the link you gave should be GAC coded. Imo it`s the best & smoothest sounding out of OG`s I have. Other OG`s I have are GA8 & GAE coded and they are with A-frame dimple disc later production tubes.

post #2257 of 6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1013 View Post

The Little Dot is a hybrid (combining tubes and transistors) amplifier. It has no DAC. The Aune is a hybrid DAC with a solid state amplifier. The tube (a 6922 or equivalent) is in the DAC section. If you already have a DAC you could use the Aune amp but you wouldn't get the benefit of the tube. If you have a solid state DAC and want tube sound, a tube amp ((there are many) or hybrid amp like the LD is what you want.

Well stated.
I own the LD MKII and like it a lot.
From what I've been told, the 6DJ8 family of tubes are better audio tubes than the stock 6AK5 tube family that the LD uses. That said, you can adapt the LD amps to use a far greater variety of tubes which are both sonically excellent and far cheaper per tube.
post #2258 of 6001
If the SSD Amp section of the T1 isn't *quite* enough driving power for me,

Could I use the "Line-out" ports, to connect it to another amp?

My understanding is that the signal chain would then be like this:

Laptop -> USB -> Aune T1 Tube DAC section - RCA - Fiio E09K (in this example).

Effectively, instead of using the SSD amplifier in the T1, it would use the SSD in the E09K.. Right?
post #2259 of 6001
Thanks for the help so far guys. Would using a fiio e7 as a dac with a little dot 1+ as a amp be better or worse than using the aune t1 by itself.
post #2260 of 6001

Hey Guys!

 

I just won an auction for this tube and I'm wondering exactly which tube is this? The seller listed it as a 7dj8 but I figured with the orange globe visible, how bad can it be.

 

http://i.imgur.com/F0OhcDP.jpg
 

post #2261 of 6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensy View Post

If the SSD Amp section of the T1 isn't *quite* enough driving power for me,

Could I use the "Line-out" ports, to connect it to another amp?

My understanding is that the signal chain would then be like this:

Laptop -> USB -> Aune T1 Tube DAC section - RCA - Fiio E09K (in this example).

Effectively, instead of using the SSD amplifier in the T1, it would use the SSD in the E09K.. Right?

Yes it is possible to use the Aune as a DAC only. I don't know enough about the E09K (which has a slot for the E07 or E17 as a DAC) to know how it would work with an external DAC, but if so, the Aune should work. What headphones do you want to use? With 3 levels of gain you may not need more amp. Search this thread for the headphones you want to use, I have Sennheiser HD558s which are easy to drive, I use 0 gain with the T1. There are entries stating that the HD600 and 650 are no problem and Hifiman HE400, 500 and a number of Grados as well. Clearly there are "hard to drive" cans that the Aune isn't up to but I don't know if the Fiio would be up to them either.
post #2262 of 6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRpilgrim View Post

Thanks for the help so far guys. Would using a fiio e7 as a dac with a little dot 1+ as a amp be better or worse than using the aune t1 by itself.

To use the E7 as a DAC only you would use a Fiio L7 connector. I have an E7, which I used for a year before I got the T1. I like the E7 as a portable DAC/amp but the T1 is in a different league. Quality wise I don't know how the E7/1+ combo would compare with the Aune.
post #2263 of 6001
post #2264 of 6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRpilgrim View Post

Would you guys know anything about this tube? http://www.quartzacoustic.com/?product=electro-harmonix-6922eh-pre-amp-tube

 



If I'm not wrong, this is the stock tube that comes with the upgraded version. People find it to be good for electronic music.

post #2265 of 6001
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonymous1991 View Post

Hey Guys!

 

I just won an auction for this tube and I'm wondering exactly which tube is this? The seller listed it as a 7dj8 but I figured with the orange globe visible, how bad can it be.

 

All the info you need: post #2016 on page 135, http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/2010#post_9502294

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRpilgrim View Post

Would you guys know anything about this tube? http://www.quartzacoustic.com/?product=electro-harmonix-6922eh-pre-amp-tube

 

It's the current stock tube. Decent russian tube, but if you're shopping at quartz I'd go for orange globe.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***