Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 13

post #181 of 5552
More of a side or even downgrade if you're judging just based on resolution (24/192 vs. 24/96) or inputs, but it is a cheap ticket to tube town and well worth it if you're into that sort of thing. Keep in mind as well that the line in bypasses the tube completely (only works with the DAC, I can confirm this).

I do love it so far though, my headphones haven't come off for 10 hours except to take a conference call biggrin.gif
post #182 of 5552
Now I have to decide which headphone to keep and which to send back, HD 650 or K702. They both sound SO good with this baby. I know the Senns are probably the better choice, and I think the SQ on them is phenomenal, but there is something very accessible about the AKGs.

Going to let them both burn in for a while and see what happens.
post #183 of 5552
Return both and get yourself some planar or K-702 anniversaries: best of the 2 worlds
post #184 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

Return both and get yourself some planar or K-702 anniversaries: best of the 2 worlds

 

Are you Clemmaster from french TN forum ?


Edited by Sorrodje - 1/15/13 at 6:29am
post #185 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

 

Are your Clemmaster from french TN forum ?

 

Oui oui ;)

post #186 of 5552

beerchug.gif

post #187 of 5552

committed to buying this amp today. should arrive in a couple of days.L3000.gifbeerchug.gif 

 

Honestly cant wait to test this with my hd650s, 

post #188 of 5552

one more thing, I have a pair of active studio monitors here in the studio, what would be the best way to get the character of the tub running through my monitors connection wise?

post #189 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarrison View Post

one more thing, I have a pair of active studio monitors here in the studio, what would be the best way to get the character of the tub running through my monitors connection wise?

 

Just by plugging them to T1's Line out ;) . i'm very interested to have your impressions about T1/HD650 association . HD650 is known as hard-to-drive headphone and If I'm quite sure T1 could bring HD650 loud enough, I'm curious about its ability to make HD650 singing at a good level :)


Edited by Sorrodje - 1/15/13 at 7:19am
post #190 of 5552

Does it have Asynchronous  USB transfer or Synchronous USB Transfer ?

post #191 of 5552

Just ordered this little one. I hope, I won't be disappointed. Is someone listening to the classical with it? By the way i took it here for $155.92 shipped. So far a very good communication with them.

 

Edit: Sorry, from here:) http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FA035AA-AC-110V-BLACK-COLOR-Aune-T1-24Bit-96KHz-DAC-Hi-Fi-Preamp-Audio-Decoder-6N11/695478897.html


Edited by Enuma-elis - 1/15/13 at 8:37am
post #192 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuma-elis View Post

Just ordered this little one. I hope, I won't be disappointed. Is someone listening to the classical with it? By the way i took it here for $155.92 shipped. So far a very good communication with them.

From where?

post #193 of 5552
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

 

Just by plugging them to T1's Line out ;) . i'm very interested to have your impressions about T1/HD650 association . HD650 is known as hard-to-drive headphone and If I'm quite sure T1 could bring HD650 loud enough, I'm curious about its ability to make HD650 singing at a good level :)

I have tested it...the HD650 sounds excellent on the T1 with the high gain switches turned on.

post #194 of 5552
Thread Starter 

I also tested the HD800 using the T1...sounded outstanding. I a/b'd the T1>HD800 and a Sony SACD player>Ray Samuels The Raptor>HD800.....T1 sounded just as good IMO.

post #195 of 5552

@joeq70 : Oh sorry . i missed it in previous posts. redface.gif
 

 

I think we should add to the first post all tubes we tried and all headphones we tested too in order to be the more informative as possible for people who are interested about Aune T1! Maybe elaborating a datasheet would be useful with  Headphone OK/KO , best gain settings , Best tube used and so on :)

 

eek.gif Incredible for HD800 !!


Edited by Sorrodje - 1/15/13 at 12:55pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***