Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ*** - Page 9

post #121 of 5897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoukaiAmplifier View Post

Would these pair well with Hifiman HE-400s? I'm interested in one of these

EDIT- oops was reading the 7th page while I wrote this.  The HE 400s were being dicussed on the 8th tongue.gif
I just tried the HE-400 and it sounds really great. The tube you choose makes a big difference. Im becoming very fond of the Voskhod rocket logo.
post #122 of 5897

I love using Mullard (UK) tubes with the T1.

post #123 of 5897

Hi All,

 

I got an Aune T1 for Xmas and I'm very very satisfied with this little DAC/amp . I'v bought another tube ( a Russian NOS 6N27p quite rare but adviced by a french specialist in a french forum dedicated to audio gear ;) ) to upgrade the 6922 EH.  I use it with my Ultrasone Sig pro and I'm very happy.  I will soon receive a mulard 6DJ8 and an 6N23p-EB in order to choose which tube I prefer.

 

I've spent a few hours listening music with this DAC/amp and compared to my FIIO E17. The Aune T1 sounds better to my ears : warmer, deeper and smoother but maybe a bit less analytical ?  I don't know if Fiio or T1 is better .. maybe a matter of preference but listenig music through this little tube Dac/amp is really enjoyable.

 

Very good product for sure !

post #124 of 5897

I recently bought my T1 so let me share to you my experiences. The EH 6922 tube is bland and non engaging. Use that for break in only! The Mullard (UK I hope and not Russian) tube is superior in terms of it's sonics and build quality.
 

post #125 of 5897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

Hi All,

 

I got an Aune T1 for Xmas and I'm very very satisfied with this little DAC/amp . I'v bought another tube ( a Russian NOS 6N27p quite rare but adviced by a french specialist in a french forum dedicated to audio gear ;) ) to upgrade the 6922 EH.  I use it with my Ultrasone Sig pro and I'm very happy.  I will soon receive a mulard 6DJ8 and an 6N23p-EB in order to choose which tube I prefer.

 

I've spent a few hours listening music with this DAC/amp and compared to my FIIO E17. The Aune T1 sounds better to my ears : warmer, deeper and smoother but maybe a bit less analytical ?  I don't know if Fiio or T1 is better .. maybe a matter of preference but listenig music through this little tube Dac/amp is really enjoyable.

 

Very good product for sure !

Congrats! Have fun tuning the sound with tube swapping---it's very rewarding!

post #126 of 5897

What size is the tube for the T1? I do want to tube roll but I don't know what size are they. Also how much is for the Mullard tube, LizardKing01?

post #127 of 5897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing01 View Post

I recently bought my T1 so let me share to you my experiences. The EH 6922 tube is bland and non engaging. Use that for break in only! The Mullard (UK I hope and not Russian) tube is superior in terms of it's sonics and build quality.
 

 



You should try to find a NOS 6N27P .. this tube sounds very very well .. Smooth , refined , airy overall sound and well defined bass ..very engaging too.  I will give my impressions of 6N23P and Mullard when I will have received and listened to them. 

 

@penmaker: Aune T1 accepts 6DJ8 / ECC88 / 6922 / E88CC / 6N23P / 6N23P-EB tubes or equivalent.  E188CC like mullard works too  6N27p ( Russian ref) is an ECC86/6GM8 and works well.

post #128 of 5897

Read all pages of this thread and I must say, I'm intrigued!  I just want to jump in and start rolling tubes, etc.

 

I have a HifiMan HE-400 on the way as well, and I see that these phones were mentioned in this thread a few times, so I wanted to see if anyone else could maybe offer more details on how the sound changes comparitively (currently I own the E17)

post #129 of 5897
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

What size is the tube for the T1? I do want to tube roll but I don't know what size are they. Also how much is for the Mullard tube, LizardKing01?


I bought those for $40 each back in the Mid 90s. They are 7DJ8 tubes and are safe to use.

post #130 of 5897

HI,

 

I have Read the whole thread and I couldn't resist, I've bought one from ebay... From your recommandations, I also bought the rocket logo 6n23p-EB Tube to go with, I just can't wait to hear it !

 

I currently own an AKG k271mkII, with a FIIO e11 amp. I think the T1 is definetely a clever purchase, and I will give my impressions on that particular pairing whan I have my hands on it.

 

I'm quite pleased with the k271, but I thought I like to get open cans like an akg Q701 or some HD650 ( well some Xmas money to spend, " sorry about your wallet ", right ?  ;-)  ).

 

I don't have any store where I live that have them in demo, thus i can't try them...  So my question, If anyone has that particular pair, It would be greatly appreciated if you could give some impressions on how the couple match/wich tube give good results etc... I know these have a totally different signature, but i just can' t decide. So any advice on a good pairing with the T1 Could be helpful.

 

I' m quite eclectic in my music taste, It goes from russian choir, to electro, jazz, classical, rock, and finnish death metal :-)

 

And happy new year :-)

post #131 of 5897

I'm sorry I can't tell you how they pair because I've never had any AKG cans, but what I can definitely tell you is that I am glad I sold off my E11. They are worlds apart. Everything you've listed is okay, but maybe not suitable for finnish metal. Tube amps are a little "slow" compared to solid state amps. For instance, double pedal drums will sound a little slower than it should. The impact is there no problem and worries, but now you can hear each thump of the double pedal as if its slowed down. I'm not sure whether it's just a feeling or what, but that's how I feel when I hear to fast songs.

 

Everything else is awesome.

post #132 of 5897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr3g277 View Post

HI,

 

I have Read the whole thread and I couldn't resist, I've bought one from ebay... From your recommandations, I also bought the rocket logo 6n23p-EB Tube to go with, I just can't wait to hear it !

 

I currently own an AKG k271mkII, with a FIIO e11 amp. I think the T1 is definetely a clever purchase, and I will give my impressions on that particular pairing whan I have my hands on it.

 

I'm quite pleased with the k271, but I thought I like to get open cans like an akg Q701 or some HD650 ( well some Xmas money to spend, " sorry about your wallet ", right ?  ;-)  ).

 

I don't have any store where I live that have them in demo, thus i can't try them...  So my question, If anyone has that particular pair, It would be greatly appreciated if you could give some impressions on how the couple match/wich tube give good results etc... I know these have a totally different signature, but i just can' t decide. So any advice on a good pairing with the T1 Could be helpful.

 

I' m quite eclectic in my music taste, It goes from russian choir, to electro, jazz, classical, rock, and finnish death metal :-)

 

And happy new year :-)

Actually, this tube business is getting a little complicated.....the rocket logo tube is a 6n23p made in the Voskhod factory in Russia. The 6N23P-EB is a different tube that doesn't have a rocket logo, however, it is possible that a rocket logo variant does exist, so if you found one please give us impressions!

post #133 of 5897
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post

Actually, this tube business is getting a little complicated.....the rocket logo tube is a 6n23p made in the Voskhod factory in Russia. The 6N23P-EB is a different tube that doesn't have a rocket logo, however, it is possible that a rocket logo variant does exist, so if you found one please give us impressions!

This is what I have found, http://www.passion-audio-tube.com/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=7849151

 

It says 6n23p tube from 70/80, from Kaluga factory in voskhod, military grade, rocket logo, High life-span.

 

So for for what I've understood, the EB indicates that it is a military grade tube. These seems to have also a rocket or a red star logo.. so maybe these are different ?

post #134 of 5897
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr3g277 View Post

This is what I have found, http://www.passion-audio-tube.com/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=7849151

It says 6n23p tube from 70/80, from Kaluga factory in voskhod, military grade, rocket logo, High life-span.

So for for what I've understood, the EB indicates that it is a military grade tube. These seems to have also a rocket or a red star logo.. so maybe these are different ?
Ahh ok. This looks a lot like the tube i have which I have come to love for its lively presentation and lush mids. I look forward to your impressions!
post #135 of 5897

 

Here's different logos form different factorys which made Tubes . I use with My Aune T1 a Reflector's 6N27p . And I bought a 6N23p from rock-grotto ( I'm currently waiting it) . I don't know where Rock-grotto's 6N23p comes from. but I think it's  a reflector too.


Edited by Sorrodje - 1/2/13 at 10:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ***