or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread - Page 192

post #2866 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknightDK View Post
 

Am now a proud owner of a GSX MkII. First impressions are very positive - great control, dynamics and separation with tight, tuneful bass.

 

Sounds like this amp is extremely transparent to the source. Indeed, a great amp. 

Congrats..

 

Master 7 / GS-X mk2 / HD800 is a great rig..

post #2867 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

i cant do custom panels. i might be able to powder coat some of them so they'd be the same as the body of the amp

How much (approximately) would it cost to get that powder coat finish then? It's not like I don't like that glossy finish, but, well, I would highly prefer something less shiny :)

post #2868 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by filuS View Post

How much (approximately) would it cost to get that powder coat finish then? It's not like I don't like that glossy finish, but, well, I would highly prefer something less shiny smily_headphones1.gif
i know this might be blasphemy, but have you considered a vinyl wrap?
post #2869 of 5220

^ LMAO

post #2870 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

Congrats..

 

Master 7 / GS-X mk2 / HD800 is a great rig..

 

Thanks!

 

The M7 scales up well with the GSX (which I'm sure you know) ;). Now all I need is the offramp to take things up to the next level. :rolleyes: 


Edited by DarknightDK - 5/25/14 at 7:30am
post #2871 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknightDK View Post

Am now a proud owner of a GSX MkII. First impressions are very positive - great control, dynamics and separation with tight, tuneful bass.

Sounds like this amp is extremely transparent to the source. Indeed, a great amp. 

When was your original order placed if you don't mind me asking?
post #2872 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashem View Post


When was your original order placed if you don't mind me asking?

 

Acquired one locally (first batch of GSX mkII) so I didn't have to suffer the long wait. However, I will tell you that your wait will be worthwhile. The GSX sings ;) 


Edited by DarknightDK - 5/25/14 at 8:51am
post #2873 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post [25 May 2014 at 9:43am]
 

[Picture of amplifiers stacked on shelf]

 

Amplifier final assembly under way. should be done by end of next week

 

Does "next week" mean last week of May (26 May - 1 June) or first week of June (2-8 June)?

Do you start testing the amplifiers immediately after assembly of all units are completed?

 

It would be nice if you can briefly repeat the remaining steps and the anticipated schedule.

 

Thank you in advance.

post #2874 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDWMcInSpots View Post
 

 

Does "next week" mean last week of May (26 May - 1 June) or first week of June (2-8 June)?

Do you start testing the amplifiers immediately after assembly of all units are completed?

 

It would be nice if you can briefly repeat the remaining steps and the anticipated schedule.

 

Thank you in advance.

 

the guy who is doing the assembly on these is getting through about 12 per day, so 4 more days = end of the week if i don't have to put him onto something else for some of that time. and yes then they need to be tested. i do that part

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #2875 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

 

the guy who is doing the assembly on these is getting through about 12 per day, so 4 more days = end of the week if i don't have to put him onto something else for some of that time. and yes then they need to be tested. i do that part

 

Add to that about 5 days of burn-in per unit and packing, so maybe sometime the end of next week for the oldest orders?  When will you notify people (like me) who paid up-front?

post #2876 of 5220

Question - is there a replaceable fuse on the back of the GSX, just where the power cord is connected? It seems like it but it doesn't seem to open.

post #2877 of 5220

Because I haven't been using my GS-Xmk2 that much, I was in the process of selling it, however the head-fier that was planning on buying it from me has told me he can't buy it after all.

So I've put it back on my Audio Rack which can be seen in the photo. Because I enjoy taking photos there's another one of just my GS-Xmk2.

 

  

 

                                      I may advertise it, but I'm in no rush.

post #2878 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknightDK View Post
 

Question - is there a replaceable fuse on the back of the GSX, just where the power cord is connected? It seems like it but it doesn't seem to open.

 

im not exactly sure the proper way to open it just take a flat head screwdriver and use a little leverage against the AC Earth pin and it should pop open

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #2879 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

 

im not exactly sure the proper way to open it just take a flat head screwdriver and use a little leverage against the AC Earth pin and it should pop open

 

Ah, so there is a fuse there after all. I was afraid to use force in case I break anything. Thanks Justin.

post #2880 of 5220

did your fuse blow? the first batch i accidentally undersized the 230v fuses by 20%, so a few eventually blow

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread