or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread - Page 173

post #2581 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlsirlo View Post
 
Dear Mr Justin Wilson,

I ordered GS-X MK 2 on 2nd September 2013
and I paid a deposit 745.00 USD.
I canceled the order on 14th November 2013 and I asked you for a deposit refund (minus counting the costs of sending money back). I have THREE TIMES via e-mail urged this request but you did not answer me. I can therefore nothing more than to publicly ask you this way: When will you return the deposit to me? I understand it takes time than the amplifier is produced. But why do I have to wait so long for returning deposit?
 
Sincerely
 
Vladimir Sirlo
Kamenicka 330/2
Decin I
405 02
Czech Republic
E-mail: vl@sirlo.cz
 
Paypal invoice ID: 2hwve88mvgsrjy4tcrcfym9j40gk8ws4skcw0c4
Date of payment: September 2, 2013


Get in contact with Justin directly, whether by phone or IM or something.  Yes, he should be responsive to emails, but I gotta believe if you speak to him live, he will take care of this promptly.

 

Best,

 

-Jason

post #2582 of 5267
I wasn't complaining, in fact I believe I have only contacted Justin (edit) once about the amp, all of his posts in this thread have been more than satisfactory for me.

Jason makes superb products, I own all Pico amps, just not the Pico DAC, and have been looking to get the GSX for years, when I saw the MKII prices were to increase I just had to order.

Seeing fellow members posts about the GSX MKII I am certain my H D800's will get the driving they deserve.

All the best
Edited by mp101 - 4/7/14 at 1:47am
post #2583 of 5267
Deleted.
Edited by David1961 - 4/7/14 at 3:35am
post #2584 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlsirlo View Post
 
Dear Mr Justin Wilson,

I ordered GS-X MK 2 on 2nd September 2013
and I paid a deposit 745.00 USD.
I canceled the order on 14th November 2013 and I asked you for a deposit refund (minus counting the costs of sending money back). I have THREE TIMES via e-mail urged this request but you did not answer me. I can therefore nothing more than to publicly ask you this way: When will you return the deposit to me? I understand it takes time than the amplifier is produced. But why do I have to wait so long for returning deposit?
 
Sincerely
 
Vladimir Sirlo
Kamenicka 330/2
Decin I
405 02
Czech Republic
E-mail: vl@sirlo.cz
 
Paypal invoice ID: 2hwve88mvgsrjy4tcrcfym9j40gk8ws4skcw0c4
Date of payment: September 2, 2013

Hi Vladimir

I've just cancelled an order with Justin. I can think of no reason to withhold a repayment.Another Member(who regularly posts in favour of Headamp equipment)told me he also had a long wait for a refund. Yes ,Justin appears busy at the moment but I see he regularly posts comments here.So ,I hope I don't have to wait as long!!In this country, you have a ten day cancellation 'window' for products bought 'on-line'.Always a worrying time when a refund isn't sent in good time!!

post #2585 of 5267

post #2586 of 5267

If someone is merely pushing the submit button for an item (i.e. BHSE), but has no real intention on taking delivery, I think they should have long wait times for refunds. Using this as a vehicle to garner attention or draw negative opinion is just wasting member’s time.

post #2587 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post
 

If someone is merely pushing the submit button for an item (i.e. BHSE), but has no real intention on taking delivery, I think they should have long wait times for refunds. Using this as a vehicle to garner attention or draw negative opinion is just wasting member’s time.

I think the intentions are real, no one lays down $700 + just for the exercise of a refund, life happens so to speak........ However the GSX is worth the wait, but because of the wait it also takes real commitment to lay down the pre-order payment to see it through

post #2588 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post
 

I think the intentions are real, no one lays down $700 + just for the exercise of a refund, life happens so to speak........ However the GSX is worth the wait, but because of the wait it also takes real commitment to lay down the pre-order payment to see it through

+1

post #2589 of 5267

Normally, I would agree. It just reminded me about a situation some time ago when a member was criticising the BHSE, then posted they made the decision to purchase one. It really didn’t make any sense considering how negative the comments were. As expected, less than a week later the order was cancelled. Your right, hard to imagine the intentions wouldn't be real.


Edited by Golfnutz - 4/7/14 at 6:08am
post #2590 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post
 

I think the intentions are real, no one lays down $700 + just for the exercise of a refund, life happens so to speak........ However the GSX is worth the wait, but because of the wait it also takes real commitment to lay down the pre-order payment to see it through

+1  I was planning on ordering either a GSXMK2 or DNA Stratus and decided on the Stratus in the end (one of the main reasons was the need for a balanced DAC to feed the GSX) 

The stratus deposit is 1000 dollars and takes around 3 months to make and ship although i will end up waiting 5 months. In the end it will be worth it as im sure is the same for anyone 

who decides  the GSX. 

post #2591 of 5267
Very nice looking amp the DNA Stratus, congratulations in ordering it Paddy.
post #2592 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

Very nice looking amp the DNA Stratus, congratulations in ordering it Paddy.

Thanks, I am very excited about the whole thing. :D

post #2593 of 5267

Paddy,

 

What's the DAC you will be using?

post #2594 of 5267
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

Paddy,

 

What's the DAC you will be using?

I was afraid someone was gonna ask that. When the stratus arrives i will have to use either the Rdac or the cuinas. I had planned on upgrading my DAC to co-inside with the Stratus but then my sister and 2 of my friends decided to get married, so it looks like the DAC wont happen till the end of the year. 

 

If I had chosen the GSX it would not really work with the Rdac because the Rdac is not balanced ("not work" - is bad wording, i mean that i would not be getting the full use of what the GSX has to offer).

The Stratus/Rdac on the other hand should be exceptable until the other DAC arrives. 

 

Of course the single-ended/balanced thing was not the only reason I choose the Stratus I was also looking for the perfect amp for HD800 and the Stratus seems to suit my tastes. I don't think i could live without tube glow. ;) 


Edited by magiccabbage - 4/7/14 at 10:20am
post #2595 of 5267

GS-X works just fine as single ended.  I currently run my PWD2 single ended since my 846 isn't balanced.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread