or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread - Page 143

post #2131 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Jester View Post

TBH I have also been soul searching regarding tubes vs ss. There are days when I feel like storming deep into tube country and then I look upon the easy life that SS brings and I am not so sure any more. For me it is Stratus vs GS-X Mk2. Currently the Stratus is winning, but who knows what tomorrow brings?

Talk about first world problems.....

 

Both :veryevil:

post #2132 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Jester View Post


You may prefer the practicality of the GS-X. Just switch it on and go with no added worries about tubes.

I gotta say, after about 20 years of having a tube amp (or two) in my home, going tube-less is quite liberating! I no longer have to worry about some rare and expensive tube going microphonic after only a few months, or constantly scouring the web for a rarer and rarer tube. 

 

Plug and play baby is the way to go....

 

I hear you.  Many years (ok decades) ago I had enough issues with EL34 tubes in a Dynaco Stereo 70 to last a lifetime.  I swore I'd never go back . . . yet hear I am . . .:o

post #2133 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Both very_evil_smiley.gif

Well THAT'S obvious!

..... But which one first? very_evil_smiley.gifvery_evil_smiley.gifvery_evil_smiley.gif
post #2134 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Jester View Post


Well THAT'S obvious!

..... But which one first? very_evil_smiley.gifvery_evil_smiley.gifvery_evil_smiley.gif

 

Hmm.. both are rather long waits... :confused_face:

post #2135 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Hmm.. both are rather long waits... confused_face.gif
Oh I'm good at those, I have a BHSE on order! Lol
post #2136 of 5220

I've sent an email to Justin, but I have yet to receive a reply. Perhaps he's busy at the moment?

Do you guys know the approximate lead time for GS-X mk2 and BHSE, respectively?

post #2137 of 5220
1-2 years, honestly. I think both current runs are sold out, so you would be in next run.
post #2138 of 5220

i am still interested in the stratus but the wait is so long, i'll wait until someone puts one for sale or IC.

post #2139 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i am still interested in the stratus but the wait is so long, i'll wait until someone puts one for sale or IC.
Dare I say it, but I fear you will be waiting just as long for someone to part with their Stratus as it would take to get one built.
post #2140 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Jester View Post


Dare I say it, but I fear you will be waiting just as long for someone to part with their Stratus as it would take to get one built.

Which then also means it will probably be priced almost as high too. :(

post #2141 of 5220

personally i wouldn't mind paying over retail for the stratus if someone put one up for sale, anything to avoid the wait.

post #2142 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post
 

I've sent an email to Justin, but I have yet to receive a reply. Perhaps he's busy at the moment?

Do you guys know the approximate lead time for GS-X mk2 and BHSE, respectively?

 

it really depends. this time it was the front panels i've been battling with since March regarding aluminum alloy issues. i have multiple things going on right now to try to squash that permanently. things are already well underway for the next-next batch, for both the BHSE and GS-X mk2 all of the connectors are already wired and the PSU->Amp cables already built, also got much of the enclosure plates (that will get powder coated) ordered this week. 


Edited by justin w. - 12/4/13 at 11:04pm

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #2143 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

i am still interested in the stratus but the wait is so long, i'll wait until someone puts one for sale or IC.

 

Just get the 2a3x4 from Craig, duh. Also-what's the wait time on a Stratus anyway?

 

-Daniel

post #2144 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

1-2 years, honestly. I think both current runs are sold out, so you would be in next run.

 

You have got to be kidding me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

 

it really depends. this time it was the front panels i've been battling with since March regarding aluminum alloy issues. i have multiple things going on right now to try to squash that permanently. things are already well underway for the next-next batch, for both the BHSE and GS-X mk2 all of the connectors are already wired and the PSU->Amp cables already built, also got much of the enclosure plates (that will get powder coated) ordered this week. 

 

I think I can make the deposit around next month, maybe February.

Although it may depend on circumstances, does it really take around 1-2 years approximately, like what Maxvla says??

post #2145 of 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post

I think I can make the deposit around next month, maybe February.
Although it may depend on circumstances, does it really take around 1-2 years approximately, like what Maxvla says??
If you read through the BHSE thread (particularly the recent month) you will find your answer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread