Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread - Page 126

post #1876 of 3685

Beeswax..? are you sure it's not cerumen by the bucketloads..?

post #1877 of 3685

How much are the new amplifier modules, for mk1 GS-Xs?

post #1878 of 3685

$400 though I don't know if that's still a thing.

post #1879 of 3685

Oh, ok! Thanks, Solude :)

post #1880 of 3685

Is that $400 each? (four are required)

 

@LD - you should PM / email Justin at HeadAmp.

post #1881 of 3685
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire View Post
 

Is that $400 each? (four are required)

 

@LD - you should PM / email Justin at HeadAmp.

 

They're $100 per board. So for the GS-1, you're looking at $200 and for the GS-X your looking at $400.

post #1882 of 3685

I put in an order for the GS-X a few days back.  Did anyone order a color other than black or silver? Pics?

 

I'm thinking red with white lettering and leds would look good.

post #1883 of 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogodei View Post

I put in an order for the GS-X a few days back.  Did anyone order a color other than black or silver? Pics?

I'm thinking red with white lettering and leds would look good.
I ordered that exact combination, red with white/white. Mine is still being made.
post #1884 of 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogodei View Post
 

I put in an order for the GS-X a few days back.  Did anyone order a color other than black or silver? Pics?

 

I'm thinking red with white lettering and leds would look good.

 

In early August I also "requested" that faceplate color combination, but at the time Justin couldn't guarantee it for me.  Said it would depend on how many defect free faceplates he ended up with after the polishing and anodizing process. 


Edited by Hi Rez - 9/18/13 at 11:50am
post #1885 of 3685

Thanks guys! Pondering if it's worth it.

post #1886 of 3685
Depends if you want to ever sell it. That face colour won't move too fast.
post #1887 of 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Depends if you want to ever sell it. That face colour won't move too fast.

 

I disagree. ANY GS-X mk2 will move really fast... just ask Azynneo :tongue_smile:

post #1888 of 3685

I reckon it's my end-game amp, as I see no reason to upgrade it, really. I'd love to get an MKII, but that would be a big hassle and would cost a lot of money, probably on a marginal upgrade soundwise – or so I suppose.

 

So the new boards would just be a way to get me half-way there, but even then I'm not really convinced it's what I would personally hear as a significant and worthy upgrade...

post #1889 of 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

I disagree. ANY GS-X mk2 will move really fast... just ask Azynneo :tongue_smile:

 

that's because you buy everything

post #1890 of 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post
 

 

that's because you buy everything

 

Not everything, just the best SS amp I've heard is all. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread