Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread - Page 102

post #1516 of 3629

6K. You know-the amount you'd have if you sold the Ciunias, M7, and PWDII and USB interface. wink_face.gif

 

-Daniel

post #1517 of 3629

6K? - Go big or go home.  Over 8K fully upgraded..


Edited by preproman - 8/5/13 at 11:33am
post #1518 of 3629

I'm sure the upgrades could come later...and stock it'd probably smoke everything you've got anyway. That's my plan-get it stock-then spent my 'Drasil money on the 8 Hynes instead lol.

 

-Daniel

post #1519 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

I'm sure the upgrades could come later...and stock it'd probably smoke everything you've got anyway. That's my plan-get it stock-then spent my 'Drasil money on the 8 Hynes instead lol.

 

-Daniel

 

 

 

WOW I didn't know this was a pissing contest.   

 

Probably as in you don't know.  Oh well - The hyperbole King strikes again..


Edited by preproman - 8/5/13 at 11:44am
post #1520 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

I'm sure the upgrades could come later...and stock it'd probably smoke everything you've got anyway. That's my plan-get it stock-then spent my 'Drasil money on the 8 Hynes instead lol.

 

-Daniel

Why are you so sure it'll smoke everything he's got? From all points it seems

the PWD is solid (you either love it or think it's meh), and the M7

has been really highly received from everyone who's heard it.

 

The OR 5 I got to play with maxxed out left me a bit confused, it was so hyped

and yet I wasn't wowed at all. Although, I didn't try the I2s, I was still expecting 

an appreciable and apparent improvement.

 

Haven't heard much on the Overdrive anyways. Interesting.

post #1521 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

WOW I didn't know this was a pissing contest.   

 

Probably as in you don't know.  Oh well - The hyperbole King strikes again..

 

Someone takes things a weeeeee bit too serious it seems. Just chatting about some high end gear with ya buddy. Now I'm aware of your sensitivities. Noted.

 

-Daniel

post #1522 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Why are you so sure it'll smoke everything he's got? From all points it seems

the PWD is solid (you either love it or think it's meh), and the M7

has been really highly received from everyone who's heard it.

 

The OR 5 I got to play with maxxed out left me a bit confused, it was so hyped

and yet I wasn't wowed at all. Although, I didn't try the I2s, I was still expecting 

an appreciable and apparent improvement.

 

Haven't heard much on the Overdrive anyways. Interesting.

Like the prepo-prima donna said...pure hyperbole since neither of us have heard it. Most reviews tend to compare it to a good/great vinyl rig if that peaks your interest. The M7 I owned sure couldn't do that. I love the looks too..

 

-Daniel

post #1523 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

Like the prepo-prima donna said...pure hyperbole since neither of us have heard it. Most reviews tend to compare it to a good/great vinyl rig if that peaks your interest. The M7 I owned sure couldn't do that. I love the looks too..

 

-Daniel

So the Overdrive may suite your preference more than the PWD or M7. Overdrive is kind of pretty, eagerly wait to hear how one sounds with the GS-X and your Levi.

post #1524 of 3629

Well I'm pretty sure my DP-1 will be the 'weakest' link once the Levi is in the house with my HD800s. I was gonna possibly go for the Hex or Vega, but I'm getting tired of these incremental jumps and side grades with these 2K+ dacs. I've long had my eye on the Overdrive, I figured I've gone all out with the Levi, it only makes sense with the dac now.

 

-Daniel

post #1525 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

Like the prepo-prima donna said...pure hyperbole since neither of us have heard it. Most reviews tend to compare it to a good/great vinyl rig if that peaks your interest. The M7 I owned sure couldn't do that. I love the looks too..

 

-Daniel

 

Not only are you the KING of hyperbole.  Now you're the Queen of name calling to?blink.gif


Edited by preproman - 8/5/13 at 1:06pm
post #1526 of 3629

If you know anything about this technology era we're in.  It seems we're at the peak of it.  Now things are just small incremental upgrades for lots more money - at best.  Your 6K DAC is not going to be substantially better than most 2 to 3K DACs.  

 

Get a grip.

 

This is the GS-X mk2 thread.  Lets keep it on track.

post #1527 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

Not only are you the KING of hyperbole.  Now you're the Queen of name calling to?blink.gif

So...you called me the King of Hyperbole...but you're not calling names...blink.gif Only you, Prep, only you. *sigh*

 

Also, everything I've remarked on about these dacs was just friendly, playful banter with someone I thought had had a little more experience around here, and could play along and separate the banter from the objectivist comments. I see I was wrong. Do, carry on.

 

Back on topic, the GSX SMOKES EVERYTHING. Better?

 

-Daniel

post #1528 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post

However the Audiophilleo + PWD2 combo excels in soundstage and imaging as well. It's a step up imho.

 

A step down when I had the two in house.  Felt the AP2 made the PWD2 less focused, tonally shifted down slightly and more forward than straight NativeX.  Was bloody awesome with the Metrum Octave though.


Edited by Solude - 8/5/13 at 1:49pm
post #1529 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post

I've had the Calyx FEMTO dac for 4 days now, although I'm still in burning-in stage I couldn't be happier with the pairing

Thanks!  Another great suggestion.

post #1530 of 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

I'll be using the Matrix X-Sabre DAC. Love the sound it gives.

There are some pretty negative reviews of the Mytek out there. Be sure to do your research before deciding on that one.

Will do, thank you!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread