Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread - Page 83

post #1231 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

You should try it some time. Fantastic combo, IMO.

I've got the HD-600's which I'm using with the GS-Xmk2, and I'm very happy with how they sound. I'm using a pure silver 4 pin XLR custom cable with the 600's, which I find does improve the SQ quite a lot.

I might eventually try the HD-800's with my GS-X, but they'd have to be on loan.

At the same time I'd also be wanting to try the TH-900 and HE-6.

post #1232 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDWMcInSpots View Post

I've heard my Sennheiser HD 800 as both engaging and unengaging/dull depending on amplifier.

 

Broken record here... so true.  My first two attempts with the HD800 failed miserably.  The result was so distant and lifeless.  On my current rig though, wow.  Jumped off the Audeze bandwagon and haven't looked back.

post #1233 of 2682
Quote:Solitude
Broken record here... so true.  My first two attempts with the HD800 failed miserably.  The result was so distant and lifeless.  On my current rig though, wow.  Jumped off the Audeze bandwagon and haven't looked back.

Next step is the electrostatic roundabout. But, then again, maybe not.

You could have a BHSE & SR009 in your future - You know you want to....


Edited by wink - 5/21/13 at 4:09am
post #1234 of 2682

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know how many GS-X mk1s have been made approximately?

post #1235 of 2682

Justin.

 

Nice meeting you at the HeadFi meet a few weeks ago.  I am totally digging the LCD3s.

 

I was wondering if you had an update on the GSX-mkII build?

 

Thanks.

post #1236 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryUprising View Post

Justin.

 

Nice meeting you at the HeadFi meet a few weeks ago.  I am totally digging the LCD3s.

 

I was wondering if you had an update on the GSX-mkII build?

 

Thanks.

Bueller?

post #1237 of 2682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

 

Broken record here... so true.  My first two attempts with the HD800 failed miserably.  The result was so distant and lifeless.  On my current rig though, wow.  Jumped off the Audeze bandwagon and haven't looked back.

 

What he said. 

post #1238 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryUprising View Post
Bueller?

 

Um, did you not know that Justin was just at the Dallas TX meet on 6/9? And no offense but I find the impatience in your post uncalled-for.


Edited by Asr - 6/11/13 at 1:10am
post #1239 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ase View Post

 

Um, did you not know that Justin was just at the Dallas TX meet on 6/9? And no offense but I find the impatience in your post uncalled-for.

 

Oh, I didn't know, thanks for letting me know.

 

And double thanks for the etiquette lesson; I wasn't aware making a second request almost a week after my first to bump the thread was 'uncalled-for'.  I'll be more considerate next time. 

post #1240 of 2682

the machine shop is machining the front panels now.  after that, they need to be polished and anodized, and then i'll have all the components to start assembling

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #1241 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

the machine shop is machining the front panels now.  after that, they need to be polished and anodized, and then i'll have all the components to start assembling


It's nice to hear some news, I am so impatient to get my device smily_headphones1.gif

post #1242 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

the machine shop is machining the front panels now.  after that, they need to be polished and anodized, and then i'll have all the components to start assembling

Thanks for the update!

post #1243 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

the machine shop is machining the front panels now.  after that, they need to be polished and anodized, and then i'll have all the components to start assembling

Thanks Justin! BTW, how big is this batch? I think I remember you saying you doubled the count on this one, so how many will you be shipping out when all is done? Thank you.

post #1244 of 2682

the first batch was 30, this one was going to be 30 but i doubled it to 60.  for some perspective, there were fewer than 60 GS-X mk1 made in the 6 years it was available

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #1245 of 2682
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

the first batch was 30, this one was going to be 30 but i doubled it to 60.  for some perspective, there were fewer than 60 GS-X mk1 made in the 6 years it was available

Wow!

 

I'm glad you are getting the recognition you deserve! =D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread