I showed my friend my setup and now he wants to get into headphones. He is looking for a good set of clkosed cans for around $80. He wants to pair a fiio e11 with them too. I have suggested the Koss DJ100. He is also interested in the Shure srh 440 and the KRK kns 6400. Feel free to express your opinions on these headphones and others.
- productFiiO E11tagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productMemorex DJ100 Ampgear Pro Series Thermoform Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for my friend Last post on 11/25/12 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under $80 Last post on 11/11/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget closed cans for Sansa clip+ unamped? Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best Closed Headphones for $80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few questions,
Which headphones did your friend try? does he like a certain musical genre?
The shures and the KRK are neutral headphones.
Edited by jackwess - 10/22/12 at 5:30pm
Just checked Amazon - the TBSE are about a dollar less than the DJ100 right now. I'd say saving a dollar to get a hard-case, removable cable, and free album is worth it.
Looks like TM still has them too:
Edited by obobskivich - 10/22/12 at 5:40pm
I guess the Koss headphones is the most logical way to go.
(i've seen the HA-S500's a couple of times, anything similar to his big brothers? RX700/900?)
Interesting, i will do some reading.
To the Op, good luck. Keep us posted.
- Best Closed Headphones for $80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 50 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Boston Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2