I showed my friend my setup and now he wants to get into headphones. He is looking for a good set of clkosed cans for around $80. He wants to pair a fiio e11 with them too. I have suggested the Koss DJ100. He is also interested in the Shure srh 440 and the KRK kns 6400. Feel free to express your opinions on these headphones and others.
- productFiiO E11tagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productMemorex DJ100 Ampgear Pro Series Thermoform Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/23/15
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for my friend Last post on 11/25/12 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under $80 Last post on 11/11/12 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry into headphones Last post on 8/12/12 at 10:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a set of closed sub $100 headphones for use around the office and commute. Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget closed cans for Sansa clip+ unamped? Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best Closed Headphones for $80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few questions,
Which headphones did your friend try? does he like a certain musical genre?
The shures and the KRK are neutral headphones.
Edited by jackwess - 10/22/12 at 5:30pm
Just checked Amazon - the TBSE are about a dollar less than the DJ100 right now. I'd say saving a dollar to get a hard-case, removable cable, and free album is worth it.
Looks like TM still has them too:
Edited by obobskivich - 10/22/12 at 5:40pm
I guess the Koss headphones is the most logical way to go.
(i've seen the HA-S500's a couple of times, anything similar to his big brothers? RX700/900?)
Interesting, i will do some reading.
To the Op, good luck. Keep us posted.
- Best Closed Headphones for $80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 호주맬버른카지노けPMK789.C0M＼△호주맬버른카지노사이트 2 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 47 seconds ago
- › Popup ads 53 seconds ago
- › New Steven Wilson album in February! 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 1 minute ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 2 minutes ago
- › Best in-ear headphone for classical musics 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2