I've gone through a few sets of IEMs recently and found myself unhappy with the results (Klipsch S4i and Sennheiser CX880i). Unfortunately, I have no idea where I can test IEMs before I purchase (Vancouver, Canada).
I'm looking for something with a similar sound signature to my Totem Accoustic Hawks floorstanders. I know floorstanders are different, and will have a much, much wider soundstage, but the qualities that I'm looking for are there:
- sweeter sound (geared towards accoustical and jazz)
- fast response (attack and decay)
- clean, tight bass, but not overly bloated or emphasized
- high resolution
I am also certain that:
- I do not want to have to use an amp
- The source will be my iPhone 5 (using the amazing Capriccio app)
- I require a line in remote for volume and controls
I hope I'm making sense here. I'm not opposed to custom IEMs as well. I just want to make sure that I'm getting good value for the money spent.
I've read that the IE8i and IE80 can be fit with custom molds... is this the case with any IEM?