Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 19

post #271 of 521
Thread Starter 

Listening again today to some live Neil Diamond on the Intruder and the TWag v3 balanced with the computer as the source and the Intruder doing the conversion. Such very fine enjoyable detail and drive. Excellent sound. This just makes music so much more fun. 

post #272 of 521
Totally agree with you surprisingly the DAC is pretty good I use it regularly and enjoy it tremendously, with my headphones as well and without fear of not being able to drive them. It is truly a wonderful amp/dac. No regrets on it's purchase whatsoever.
post #273 of 521

Had the good fortune of auditioning the Intruder recently.

 

An amazing amp that offers incredible power, makes the sonic so silky smooth sounding and an incredibly wide soundstage (the widest i've heard to date). A great complement to the ALO rx MK3-B, which also offers incredible power, makes sonic sound very "Hi Fi" sounding, very wide soundstage with incredible depth in bass impact. The MK3-B is the more exciting of the 2 amps, though the Intruder is the more sophisticated and mature one.

 

Will find the time to test the DAC section.

 

Looking between the Intruder and ALO International. Something to drive customs and use as a PC/Mac to USB-out DAC to headphone.

post #274 of 521
Looking between the Intruder and ALO International. Something to drive customs and use as a PC/Mac to USB-out DAC to headphone.
[/quote]

For use as a dac to pc....international is better sounding. The only think i like about the international is when it used as a dac to my pc. Other than that....intruder is my pick.
post #275 of 521

hi guys, may i know what is the dimension of the intruder ?

post #276 of 521

3 7/8 inches long  by 2 5/8 wide by 3/4 inch thick

post #277 of 521
Thanks : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

3 7/8 inches long  by 2 5/8 wide by 3/4 inch thick
post #278 of 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komkrit View Post

Hello...Today I share my idea for DIY adapter.
Female mini balanced to male 3.5mm. jack in compact size.
All my balanced phones can use with single-end amp.







This is my DIY.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/661897/mini-balanced-to-3-5mm-adapter-in-my-way

Nice work there! May I know what's the estimated cost price of doing this?
post #279 of 521
Kindly ask what phones are these?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri87 View Post

Nice work there! May I know what's the estimated cost price of doing this?
post #280 of 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescanadiens View Post

Kindly ask what phones are these?
Thanks

What do u mean? I was referring to the adapter
post #281 of 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

Looking between the Intruder and ALO International. Something to drive customs and use as a PC/Mac to USB-out DAC to headphone.
[/quote]

For use as a dac to pc....international is better sounding. The only think i like about the international is when it used as a dac to my pc. Other than that....intruder is my pick.

 

any concerns with the ALO International having an output impedance of 22 ohms?

post #282 of 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

 

any concerns with the ALO International having an output impedance of 22 ohms?

Hi Kenz,

IMO, they more suitable for full size cans. The International is like The National but with a bit refinement and added more power into it. In my experience, driving IEMs or let say medium size cans with a lower impedance (such as z1000, momentum, Grados), the sound is fine, but i felt like is not proper enough, especially in the bass department (too many energy) and the sound is like too big of what the lower impedance headphones can handle. But i am not too sure whether is caused by that 22ohm or else.

 

But when i use it as a dac to my laptop (only laptop+international), I found the sound is noticeable different. Not by much, but seems like the power was tamed a bit, the bass was more controlled and the sound was a bit cleaner to my ears (compared to if i used it with setup like IPC+CLASdb+International as an amp).

post #283 of 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

Hi Kenz,

IMO, they more suitable for full size cans. The International is like The National but with a bit refinement and added more power into it. In my experience, driving IEMs or let say medium size cans with a lower impedance (such as z1000, momentum, Grados), the sound is fine, but i felt like is not proper enough, especially in the bass department (too many energy) and the sound is like too big of what the lower impedance headphones can handle. But i am not too sure whether is caused by that 22ohm or else.

 

But when i use it as a dac to my laptop (only laptop+international), I found the sound is noticeable different. Not by much, but seems like the power was tamed a bit, the bass was more controlled and the sound was a bit cleaner to my ears (compared to if i used it with setup like IPC+CLASdb+International as an amp).

 

Thanks muzic4life smile.gif

 

Have the same thoughts too. Looking for an amp/dac for pc use and the International came by. The 22 ohms was a concerns, but forgot i'll be driving cans instead of iems.

post #284 of 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

 

Thanks muzic4life smile.gif

 

Have the same thoughts too. Looking for an amp/dac for pc use and the International came by. The 22 ohms was a concerns, but forgot i'll be driving cans instead of iems.

You are welcome !

if you are looking for a single portable with amp+dac for PC...the International OR Apex Glacier they both are quite good (above the Dacport LX's SQ i tested). The reason i sold my International is because i already have The RSA Intruder stacked together with my CLAS db and they are my current PC's companion smile.gif

 

Cheers.

post #285 of 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

You are welcome !

if you are looking for a single portable with amp+dac for PC...the International OR Apex Glacier they both are quite good (above the Dacport LX's SQ i tested). The reason i sold my International is because i already have The RSA Intruder stacked together with my CLAS db and they are my current PC's companion smile.gif

 

Cheers.

 

Cool! Will give the International and Apex Glacier an audition. smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.