Yes, I converted my AK100 to bypassed resistors, coupled with the Intruder is excellent. A very nice small package of sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Rsa 71b with LCD 3/x ?? Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 14post #196 of 5223/8/13 at 11:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 5223/11/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a balanced headphone and what benefits does it bring? Can anyone do it, just by changing the cable?
Thanks....it all sounds very exciting!post #198 of 5223/12/13 at 4:26pmThread StarterQuote:
There are some good articles to be googled. Basically you are driving the transducer in both directions, positive and negative so normally, when done right, you have better control over the resulting sound. This is for audio but it was originally used for long runs of mic cords and later adapted to the final listening on speaker systems where it is used in the dac to preamp to amp or in headphone systems using this all the way through to the headphone. It also doubles the power available to the drivers since you are driving the positive side and negative side of the signal whereas single ended is using positive drive to a transducer then to ground, so one half the power of balanced.post #199 of 5223/17/13 at 5:31ampost #200 of 5223/17/13 at 9:14amThread StarterQuote:
I use the HF2 Grados balanced to a very, very good musical end.post #201 of 5223/17/13 at 11:36am
Awesome. I might have to give it a shot. Thanks for the reply.post #202 of 5223/21/13 at 2:30pmpost #203 of 5223/21/13 at 2:35pmQuote:
Congrats on that and on those new lcds...post #204 of 5223/23/13 at 9:45ampost #205 of 5223/26/13 at 4:16pmpost #206 of 5223/27/13 at 1:46pm
My Intruder is here. I've charged it and I have to say that, even out of the box, with no burn-in, still sounds really good. I mean REALLY GOOD. And boy, does it drive the LCD 2!post #207 of 5223/28/13 at 8:07amQuote:
I have them and it is seriously good sounding. The Intruder really excels in driving both fullsize cans and sensitive iems. The w4 gets properly killed by my 334s, that combo is awesome to a degree where the w4 sounds boring in comparison to my ears.post #208 of 5223/28/13 at 10:08amThread StarterQuote:
I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.post #209 of 5223/28/13 at 11:49am
I use the Intruder with everything from my HE-500, to the Westone UM3x to the SM64 and my TDK headphones. It is the most versitle and "black" sounding amp I have used so far. I used to miss the bass switch a little that my JDS c421 had but since I got a sony nwz with an LOD it's not a problem since the clear bass function on the sony is so good.
Getting any sort of "hiss" with the has never been a problem, the three gain settings are really a joy to have.
post #210 of 5224/1/13 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by jamato8Quote:
I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.
And 20% more so with the 3's..... Buaahhhaaahhhaaaaa ( evil audeze laughter )
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Alternative to Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Best Stores in Manhattan to Demo Headphones Before You Buy Them 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Senheiser 800 hd 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude