Yes, I converted my AK100 to bypassed resistors, coupled with the Intruder is excellent. A very nice small package of sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Rsa 71b with LCD 3/x ?? Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 14post #196 of 5133/8/13 at 11:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 5133/11/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a balanced headphone and what benefits does it bring? Can anyone do it, just by changing the cable?
Thanks....it all sounds very exciting!post #198 of 5133/12/13 at 4:26pmThread StarterQuote:
There are some good articles to be googled. Basically you are driving the transducer in both directions, positive and negative so normally, when done right, you have better control over the resulting sound. This is for audio but it was originally used for long runs of mic cords and later adapted to the final listening on speaker systems where it is used in the dac to preamp to amp or in headphone systems using this all the way through to the headphone. It also doubles the power available to the drivers since you are driving the positive side and negative side of the signal whereas single ended is using positive drive to a transducer then to ground, so one half the power of balanced.post #199 of 5133/17/13 at 5:31ampost #200 of 5133/17/13 at 9:14amThread StarterQuote:
I use the HF2 Grados balanced to a very, very good musical end.post #201 of 5133/17/13 at 11:36am
Awesome. I might have to give it a shot. Thanks for the reply.post #202 of 5133/21/13 at 2:30pmpost #203 of 5133/21/13 at 2:35pmQuote:
Congrats on that and on those new lcds...post #204 of 5133/23/13 at 9:45ampost #205 of 5133/26/13 at 4:16pmpost #206 of 5133/27/13 at 1:46pm
My Intruder is here. I've charged it and I have to say that, even out of the box, with no burn-in, still sounds really good. I mean REALLY GOOD. And boy, does it drive the LCD 2!post #207 of 5133/28/13 at 8:07amQuote:
I have them and it is seriously good sounding. The Intruder really excels in driving both fullsize cans and sensitive iems. The w4 gets properly killed by my 334s, that combo is awesome to a degree where the w4 sounds boring in comparison to my ears.post #208 of 5133/28/13 at 10:08amThread StarterQuote:
I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.post #209 of 5133/28/13 at 11:49am
I use the Intruder with everything from my HE-500, to the Westone UM3x to the SM64 and my TDK headphones. It is the most versitle and "black" sounding amp I have used so far. I used to miss the bass switch a little that my JDS c421 had but since I got a sony nwz with an LOD it's not a problem since the clear bass function on the sony is so good.
Getting any sort of "hiss" with the has never been a problem, the three gain settings are really a joy to have.
post #210 of 5134/1/13 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by jamato8Quote:
I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.
And 20% more so with the 3's..... Buaahhhaaahhhaaaaa ( evil audeze laughter )
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 18 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 40 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob