I does not. You might consider adding a clas. It is a sweet sounding combo!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 1/1/15 at 1:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thank you very much Ray. I was supposed to package up and give you my SR-71B after last year's Tokyo Show but never got a chance to see you when the event finished. I'll be sending over my SR-71B to you soon.
What is the change described between these models?
Is it documented somewhere in this thread?
Is the "upgrade" available for Protectors too?
Great review and thoughts. Implementation. The balanced mode is all I use on the Intruder, I don't want to miss out on anything. The HD650 is ok but in balanced it comes to life and they work great with the Intruder. I have the JH13 and with those I get some of the best sound I have heard from them and the Intruder.
Thanks for your great review, Isaac!
I believe it does. I paired DACmini with The Intruder to drive HE-500 in balanced mode. It was amazing!
Furthermore, I think it's a bargain to spend $50 on a DAC like the one in The Intruder. I compared the DAC in The Intruder and HP-P1's. (using HP-P1's LO to connect The Intruder's SE input) Though I feel HP-P1 has a better DAC, the gap is marginal to me. (without A/B Test, I even cannot distinguish the difference between sounds from these two DACs)
Can't wait to see your review of pairing The Intruder with LCD-3. I also used "HP-P1(as a DAC) + The Intruder" to drive HiFiMAN's HE-500 in balanced mode. Though this combo isn't as great as the combo using DACmini as a DAC, it was still stunning. The Intruder is another artwork made by Ray.
So are you saying that balanced that R and L are in correct balanced but single ended this changes and you have a shift to R or L?
I am running the SR71B in SE(singled end) mode, but Ray said that running Balance out would correct it. Then what's the point of putting SE output in the amp?
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 9 seconds ago
- › Headphone amp to pair with the Sennheiser HD 600 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Question about downsampling audio files 3 minutes ago
- › HD650's going bad or just cable? 3 minutes ago
- › Best way to hook up computer to audio receiver? 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2