I does not. You might consider adding a clas. It is a sweet sounding combo!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Rsa 71b with LCD 3/x ?? Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you very much Ray. I was supposed to package up and give you my SR-71B after last year's Tokyo Show but never got a chance to see you when the event finished. I'll be sending over my SR-71B to you soon.
I have never had a battery fail or any other component go bad in an RSA amp or amp/dac over the years I have had them. That is saying something about quality and workmanship.
What is the change described between these models?
Is it documented somewhere in this thread?
Is the "upgrade" available for Protectors too?
Great review and thoughts. Implementation. The balanced mode is all I use on the Intruder, I don't want to miss out on anything. The HD650 is ok but in balanced it comes to life and they work great with the Intruder. I have the JH13 and with those I get some of the best sound I have heard from them and the Intruder.
Thanks for your great review, Isaac!
I believe it does. I paired DACmini with The Intruder to drive HE-500 in balanced mode. It was amazing!
Furthermore, I think it's a bargain to spend $50 on a DAC like the one in The Intruder. I compared the DAC in The Intruder and HP-P1's. (using HP-P1's LO to connect The Intruder's SE input) Though I feel HP-P1 has a better DAC, the gap is marginal to me. (without A/B Test, I even cannot distinguish the difference between sounds from these two DACs)
Can't wait to see your review of pairing The Intruder with LCD-3. I also used "HP-P1(as a DAC) + The Intruder" to drive HiFiMAN's HE-500 in balanced mode. Though this combo isn't as great as the combo using DACmini as a DAC, it was still stunning. The Intruder is another artwork made by Ray.
So are you saying that balanced that R and L are in correct balanced but single ended this changes and you have a shift to R or L?
I am running the SR71B in SE(singled end) mode, but Ray said that running Balance out would correct it. Then what's the point of putting SE output in the amp?
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] AKG K545: A new benchmark in portable audio 6 minutes ago
- › SPL Phonitor Mini (Brand New & Boxed) 7 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 7 minutes ago
- › How do I use my Sennheiser Momentum's as a headset for PS4? 7 minutes ago
- › T-Amp or Stereo Receiver for PC Setup? 11 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 11 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)