I leave mine plugged in and on most all the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Rsa 71b with LCD 3/x ?? Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do you leave it plugged in on the charger also. I have mine plugged in all the time too but only plug in the charger when the battery dies. I know it stops charging once full but I am always scared to leave it plugged in.
I leave it with the charger on all the time. Why stress the battery with constant discharge. It will charge the battery and then shut off the charging.
Ok good to know. Thanks jamato8.
Will just having the amp/dac on all the time "burn" them in?
Err...doesn't that say RSA Intruder altogether!? I don't believe it's even an ALO amp.
I used to rock a Continental V2, now that updated picture here shows the Intruder as Sean pointed out.
Sorry for jumping in there 'cos the Intruder is a USB DAC, not an iDevice DAC. iDevice DACs are "Apple approved" DACs that speak the iAP protocol. The CLAS, Fostex HP-P1, VentureCraft Go-DAP/V-Moda VAmp/Versa, etc. are some examples of iDevice DACs.
As such in the above case, the Intruder is used only as an amp.
USB DACs although primarily for PC/laptop/notebooks have the potential (but not always) work with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 or with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 via an OTG USB cable.
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 14 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › 3rd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 1st, 2014 46 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 54 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)