I leave mine plugged in and on most all the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 1/1/15 at 1:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iem recommendation Last post on 11/15/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Do you leave it plugged in on the charger also. I have mine plugged in all the time too but only plug in the charger when the battery dies. I know it stops charging once full but I am always scared to leave it plugged in.
I leave it with the charger on all the time. Why stress the battery with constant discharge. It will charge the battery and then shut off the charging.
Ok good to know. Thanks jamato8.
Will just having the amp/dac on all the time "burn" them in?
Err...doesn't that say RSA Intruder altogether!? I don't believe it's even an ALO amp.
I used to rock a Continental V2, now that updated picture here shows the Intruder as Sean pointed out.
Sorry for jumping in there 'cos the Intruder is a USB DAC, not an iDevice DAC. iDevice DACs are "Apple approved" DACs that speak the iAP protocol. The CLAS, Fostex HP-P1, VentureCraft Go-DAP/V-Moda VAmp/Versa, etc. are some examples of iDevice DACs.
As such in the above case, the Intruder is used only as an amp.
USB DACs although primarily for PC/laptop/notebooks have the potential (but not always) work with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 or with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 via an OTG USB cable.
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE 800 Audiophile Ear Canal Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000 coming 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 2 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-MR77X top of the line JVC x series 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Replacement for sansa clip+ 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)