I leave mine plugged in and on most all the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 4/29/15 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 1/1/15 at 1:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping. - Page 8
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Do you leave it plugged in on the charger also. I have mine plugged in all the time too but only plug in the charger when the battery dies. I know it stops charging once full but I am always scared to leave it plugged in.
I leave it with the charger on all the time. Why stress the battery with constant discharge. It will charge the battery and then shut off the charging.
Ok good to know. Thanks jamato8.
Will just having the amp/dac on all the time "burn" them in?
Err...doesn't that say RSA Intruder altogether!? I don't believe it's even an ALO amp.
I used to rock a Continental V2, now that updated picture here shows the Intruder as Sean pointed out.
Sorry for jumping in there 'cos the Intruder is a USB DAC, not an iDevice DAC. iDevice DACs are "Apple approved" DACs that speak the iAP protocol. The CLAS, Fostex HP-P1, VentureCraft Go-DAP/V-Moda VAmp/Versa, etc. are some examples of iDevice DACs.
As such in the above case, the Intruder is used only as an amp.
USB DACs although primarily for PC/laptop/notebooks have the potential (but not always) work with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 or with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 via an OTG USB cable.
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 17 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Amazonbasics Premium Over ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › Yulong DA8II In-Depth Review 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2