Yes, I converted my AK100 to bypassed resistors, coupled with the Intruder is excellent. A very nice small package of sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please tell me the gain-range arms race is over ... plus, feedback for designers Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best choice for portable Amp for LCD-2s?? Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:02am in Portable Headphone Amps
- High end battery operated portable 24/192 USB DAC/Amp Last post on 10/23/13 at 3:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- RSA Intruder or HiFi-M8 for CIEM Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Rsa intruder vs alo international Last post on 11/19/13 at 10:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . 1st listening impressions and continuing thoughts. . . - Page 14post #196 of 3783/8/13 at 11:47amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #197 of 3783/11/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a balanced headphone and what benefits does it bring? Can anyone do it, just by changing the cable?
Thanks....it all sounds very exciting!post #198 of 3783/12/13 at 4:26pmThread StarterQuote:
There are some good articles to be googled. Basically you are driving the transducer in both directions, positive and negative so normally, when done right, you have better control over the resulting sound. This is for audio but it was originally used for long runs of mic cords and later adapted to the final listening on speaker systems where it is used in the dac to preamp to amp or in headphone systems using this all the way through to the headphone. It also doubles the power available to the drivers since you are driving the positive side and negative side of the signal whereas single ended is using positive drive to a transducer then to ground, so one half the power of balanced.post #199 of 3783/17/13 at 5:31ampost #200 of 3783/17/13 at 9:14amThread StarterQuote:
I use the HF2 Grados balanced to a very, very good musical end.post #201 of 3783/17/13 at 11:36am
Awesome. I might have to give it a shot. Thanks for the reply.post #202 of 3783/21/13 at 2:30pmpost #203 of 3783/21/13 at 2:35pmQuote:
Congrats on that and on those new lcds...post #204 of 3783/23/13 at 9:45ampost #205 of 3783/26/13 at 4:16pmpost #206 of 3783/27/13 at 1:46pm
My Intruder is here. I've charged it and I have to say that, even out of the box, with no burn-in, still sounds really good. I mean REALLY GOOD. And boy, does it drive the LCD 2!post #207 of 3783/28/13 at 8:07amQuote:
I have them and it is seriously good sounding. The Intruder really excels in driving both fullsize cans and sensitive iems. The w4 gets properly killed by my 334s, that combo is awesome to a degree where the w4 sounds boring in comparison to my ears.post #208 of 3783/28/13 at 10:08amThread StarterQuote:
I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.post #209 of 3783/28/13 at 11:49am
I use the Intruder with everything from my HE-500, to the Westone UM3x to the SM64 and my TDK headphones. It is the most versitle and "black" sounding amp I have used so far. I used to miss the bass switch a little that my JDS c421 had but since I got a sony nwz with an LOD it's not a problem since the clear bass function on the sony is so good.
Getting any sort of "hiss" with the has never been a problem, the three gain settings are really a joy to have.
post #210 of 3784/1/13 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by jamato8Quote:
I have not found any phone the Intruder will not drive. To listen to the LCD-2's balanced is an enthralling experience.
And 20% more so with the 3's..... Buaahhhaaahhhaaaaa ( evil audeze laughter )
- THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . 1st listening impressions and continuing thoughts. . .
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 8 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 13 seconds ago
- › AMPLIFIER for AKG 240 Monitor (6oo Ohms) 15 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 51 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 55 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix 2 minutes ago
- › Programmer seeking ~$300 Over-the-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi