Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 57

post #841 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ince View Post


To me the GR07 do have better isolation with the large hybird tips.   I find the sound of the GRO7 more bolder then the MH1.  On my Sony X1060 the clear bass was most of the time at 0 and at times 1+ with the GR07.  But with the MH1 I have to boost the clear bass as I find it too thin sounding and lacking bass at flat.   

Hmm, you must definitely have bad seal with MH1C then. Because Vsonic GR07 have no way more bass than the MH1C. Yeah, the have more detailed, controlled and quick bass, but the ammount and "punchness" is not so high. When I was listening to GR07s at home, I felt everything was ok, bass included. But when I tried them outside on the go, the bass almost disappeared owing the averagne isolation.

post #842 of 3067
I have used many aftermarket tips on it. Ican only fir mediums
post #843 of 3067

Anybody else think these don't go well with Rock and Metal music?  I find the Mids and the trebles sound harsh with metal music with the MH1.  The mids on these are bit too forward for my taste but sounds good when turning the mids (2.5 on the X-series) down by a -1.   

post #844 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ince View Post

Anybody else think these don't go well with Rock and Metal music?  I find the Mids and the trebles sound harsh with metal music with the MH1.  The mids on these are bit too forward for my taste but sounds good when turning the mids (2.5 on the X-series) down by a -1.   


Did your MH1C burned by over 300 hours? It does a considerable change on mids and treble..I find it good for thrash metal, particularly with cowboys from hell and other pantera stuff, they perform great. Even though vocals sound a bit harsh for me, who cares vocals for metal though :P Harding a perfect one is very hard for metal imo, personal preference comes in the way, I like the deep punch of drums and sweet cymbals on these , they might go somewhat too bright on heavy solos, but overall not bad, the good bass hump compensates it for me.


Edited by hitme987 - 11/11/12 at 10:17am
post #845 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme987 View Post


Did your MH1C burned by over 300 hours? It does a considerable change on mids and treble..I find it good for thrash metal, particularly with cowboys from hell and other pantera stuff, they perform great. Even though vocals sound a bit harsh for me, who cares vocals for metal though :P Harding a perfect one is very hard for metal imo, personal preference comes in the way, I like the deep punch of drums and sweet cymbals on these , they might go somewhat too bright on heavy solos, but overall not bad, the good bass hump compensates it for me.


I just recieved them yesterday only manage to burn it for a few hours.  But will try and burn them for longer.  

 

But will burning make the treble highs settle down a bit?

post #846 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ince View Post


I just recieved them yesterday only manage to burn it for a few hours.  But will try and burn them for longer.  

 

But will burning make the treble highs settle down a bit?


Yeah, mids and treble both smoothen down a bit makes them more good for metal imo..

post #847 of 3067

Burn for 300 hours? Now we are starting to get ridiculous. 

post #848 of 3067

Agree bowie, if there is any change in these (i have 4 sets) its in literally the first 30-45 mins and its very minimal if its is just a taming of the bass.  2 out of the 4 sets behaved like this and the other performed at peak direct from box.   I now have sets at 0  50 150 and 200 hours burn, absolutely no difference.

On thing I have noticed that is strange for me is how easily I fall asleep with these, in other phones i lie in bed and fidget with tracks and generally awake for about an hour.  With the MH1 im asleep within 15 mins.  Something I credit the laid back non offensive treble for along with how lush vocals are presented.  

 

Im going out on a limb here and saying these are my favourite iem ever.

post #849 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Agree bowie, if there is any change in these (i have 4 sets) its in literally the first 30-45 mins and its very minimal if its is just a taming of the bass.  2 out of the 4 sets behaved like this and the other performed at peak direct from box.   I now have sets at 0  50 150 and 200 hours burn, absolutely no difference.

On thing I have noticed that is strange for me is how easily I fall asleep with these, in other phones i lie in bed and fidget with tracks and generally awake for about an hour.  With the MH1 im asleep within 15 mins.  Something I credit the laid back non offensive treble for along with how lush vocals are presented.  

 

Im going out on a limb here and saying these are my favourite iem ever.

In terms of bass taming, I will agree but that stopped after 2-3 hours for me. 

post #850 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

On thing I have noticed that is strange for me is how easily I fall asleep with these, in other phones i lie in bed and fidget with tracks and generally awake for about an hour.  With the MH1 im asleep within 15 mins.  Something I credit the laid back non offensive treble for along with how lush vocals are presented.  

 

So what you are saying is that the mh1c's have such a boring sound signature that they put you to sleep. Interesting! tongue_smile.gif wink.gif

post #851 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Burn for 300 hours? Now we are starting to get ridiculous. 


http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/420#post_8831193

 

I have 2 MH1Cs one 300+ hours burned-in and another one 100+ hours burned in and there was a noticable difference between them, dont draw conclusions without experimenting it yourself mr.genius

post #852 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

So what you are saying is that the mh1c's have such a boring sound signature that they put you to sleep. Interesting! tongue_smile.gif wink.gif

More like they dont have treble that makes convulse tyll herstens style.

post #853 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme987 View Post


http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/420#post_8831193

 

I have 2 MH1Cs one 300+ hours burned-in and another one 100+ hours burned in and there was a noticable difference between them, dont draw conclusions without experimenting it yourself mr.genius

I was only making a general statement. Now I could be wrong but the majority of these burn in's past a certain amount of hours, generally around 60, are completely placebo based where the brain tricks itself to thinking that.

post #854 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

More like they dont have treble that makes convulse tyll herstens style.

 

Lol! Nobody wants to see (or hear) that!

post #855 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I was only making a general statement. Now I could be wrong but the majority of these burn in's past a certain amount of hours, generally around 60, are completely placebo based where the brain tricks itself to thinking that.


Hmm..many people opine the same on burn-in, I used to believe the same before this change on MH1C. I put my IEMs to burn-in for like sessions of 20 hours continuous on pink, white noises etc keeping them in a box .. So when I listen to these back, I can notice a change more consistently in smoothing out mids, treble and bass being more deep and punching. I can say burn-in is a placebo for all other IEMs Ive heard till now. However, I can notice the change with A/Bing with my other MH1C.


Edited by hitme987 - 11/11/12 at 11:34am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret