Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 38

post #556 of 3326

I'm quite liking these little buggers, they have a pretty balanced sound over all.  Using them with my phone pair with the E11 they sound quite full and the bass cleans up a bit to.  I haven't compared them to the e-Q5 or R-50 yet because I've only been listening to the MH1C but I'm going to start to listen to some songs that I feel test all aspects and see how they compete.

post #557 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

I'm quite liking these little buggers, they have a pretty balanced sound over all.  Using them with my phone pair with the E11 they sound quite full and the bass cleans up a bit to.  I haven't compared them to the e-Q5 or R-50 yet because I've only been listening to the MH1C but I'm going to start to listen to some songs that I feel test all aspects and see how they compete.

Most would be interested in comparissons against RE262, TF10, GR07 and FXT90.

Keep us updated.

post #558 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

I'm quite liking these little buggers, they have a pretty balanced sound over all.  Using them with my phone pair with the E11 they sound quite full and the bass cleans up a bit to.  I haven't compared them to the e-Q5 or R-50 yet because I've only been listening to the MH1C but I'm going to start to listen to some songs that I feel test all aspects and see how they compete.

 

To get the overall signature to match those two, use a piece of tape to cover up the vent that's on the top of the iem. It takes it to another level imo

post #559 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

To get the overall signature to match those two, use a piece of tape to cover up the vent that's on the top of the iem. It takes it to another level imo

You just remineded me on the vent. How much would you say it leaks? I don't really want people to hear me listening to Justin Bieber. (I kid) but it would be embarassing to have Ayumi Hamasaki or YUI play and everyone can hear.

post #560 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

You just remineded me on the vent. How much would you say it leaks? I don't really want people to hear me listening to Justin Bieber. (I kid) but it would be embarassing to have Ayumi Hamasaki or YUI play and everyone can hear.

 

I really don't know. It's not an open iem, but there's a relatively small bass port.

 

When covered, it reduces the midbass while leaving the sub bass relatively untouched. Mids and highs also come forward.

post #561 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Whether it's because of the sound or the price, I've actually come to terms with the cable. It's actually kinda convenient to lay the earpieces on my chest when I'm not listening to it, due to the J-cord. Triple flanges work great on them too.

yeah, I actually ended up doing this with my ex300s and found it very helpful, but I still would prefer a symmetrical cable. However, I don't see the J cord as that bad of an issue, but then again I haven't experienced the MH1's in specific..... CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO COMEEEEEEEEE

post #562 of 3326

BTW, just wondering how much juice do they need? my GS3 really doesn't play too loud, but thankfully all my IEM's so far have been driven to sufficient listening levels, but my headphones have not. 

post #563 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

but I still would prefer a symmetrical cable. 

 

I think we all would redface.gif

post #564 of 3326

seriously using kova's simple mod is brilliant, cant do much about it being a flat cable but nice regular design and hangs well with it.

post #565 of 3326
Why do we need a mod. I owned the xb500 for a while and had no problem with the spahgetti cable.
post #566 of 3326

I dunno why maybe? the sheer number of people complaining about the J cable.

 

 

Edit :  unless maybe you were referring to the fact the cable is flat, in that case i think you meant linguine cable.  spaghetti would be round :O


Edited by stozzer123 - 11/4/12 at 7:37pm
post #567 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

so far have been driven to sufficient listening levels, but my headphones have not. 

 

You need a s500 :)

post #568 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Most would be interested in comparissons against RE262, TF10, GR07 and FXT90.

Keep us updated.

 

I don't have any of thoughs IEM's anymore so I don't want to go by memory but I can tell you its much better than the FXT90 imo which I didn't like much at all..  I know the MH1C doesn't have the same signature as the e-Q5 or R-50 but I just want to see how it stacks up SQ wise.  I'm getting the BA200 and A161p sometime this week and I'd like to see how it competes with those also.

post #569 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

 but I can tell you its much better than the FXT90 imo which I didn't like much at all.. 

impression taken. Thanks was toying with the idea of them also. Will wait for the new gen possibly, at least reviews.

post #570 of 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimster View Post
Ordered a pair from eBay at 14.50 GBP. Hope it's really a genuine item. 

Just received my order of the older MH1. Even though the seller assured it'd be compatible, it isn't, with my nano and Galaxy S2. I'll be returning these for a refund. And it came without the clip and additional ear tips in other sizes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret