Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 26

post #376 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Hmm. Do you have this problem with sealed phones? I have to get creative to avoid vacuum seals with earphones that aren't vented. It sounds like there's a change in pressure when you move them. I have this problem especially in my left ear.

Well, no, it happens with all tips not just the one that give me vacuum seal. I do have an ety er4s and a brainwavz b2 - you don't get any more of a vacuum seal than those and I have never had issues before. Also its just the left piece - I put the left piece in my right ear and the right piece in my left and the left piece does the same, so its not from my ear but from the left piece.

 

edit: It's probably an issue with the driver in the left housing. Anyway, I don't want to scare anyone - malfunctions and issues like that occur with way more expensive headphones in very good packages and what we have here is a $20 iem in a plastic bag, so its not a biggy. I just ordered a new pair from another seller on amazon (I'm not saying that the one I bought it from is to blame or anything).


Edited by kova4a - 10/31/12 at 5:15pm
post #377 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, no, it happens with all tips not just the one that give me vacuum seal. I do have an ety er4s and a brainwavz b2 - you don't get any more of a vacuum seal than those and I have never had issues before. Also its just the left piece - I put the left piece in my right ear and the right piece in my left and the left piece does the same, so its not from my ear but from the left piece.

 

Interesting. Keep us updated on how it goes.

post #378 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Interesting. Keep us updated on how it goes.

I will, though it will probably take the new pair at least 7 days to come. Anyway, the issue with my current mh1c is not super bothersome but it can take up to 5 seconds for the left piece to start but once it does it sounds great and doean't cut out. I just can't catch a break - I still have to deal with the customs to release my R1 and it's just a PITA as I'll pay like half of what the R1 costs even though the only tax I owe by law is like 7 bucks but they just made up like a post tax and a release tax and stuff like that to rip people off. 

post #379 of 3238

are these earphones safe to buy on ebay?

post #380 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by topmanta View Post

are these earphones safe to buy on ebay?

We think so, members have been using this seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170876113045?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
post #381 of 3238

Whats the difference between the MH1C and the MH1-BL that sells on amazon? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=asc_df_B005GDVBAE10232606?smid=A2J28U7WM23SAM

post #382 of 3238

emmmmmmm............. bl stands for black.

 

Id assume they are just the mh1 (not c) in black.

post #383 of 3238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Don't know if that's what you're experiencing, but there are several negative reviews that mention volume issues (mainly related to cold weather) on Amazon Germany (Warning: Google translate).

I mentioned this before when several member try to mod the filter, but it is worth to bring up the topic again - early MH1 has issue on moisture condensation inside the earpeice (warm body meets cold aluminium) that causes this issue. That's why they added a layer of moisture barrier (the white mesh filter) to prevent it from happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtorres View Post

are these compatible with Comply T-400s?

T200 has the best fit I have tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

emmmmmmm............. bl stands for black.

Id assume they are just the mh1 (not c) in black.

Yes, you are correct.
post #384 of 3238

haha thank you so much, you have no idea XD. I just asked myself today if there were any good sounding IEMs with Android control, I wanted something to at least sound better than my SE215s ^^, but all I could find was the S4A till I saw your update on your thread :D <3, I'll hopefully review this as well when they come in the mail ^^, still coming from the ex300 as my last sony headphones, I can't help but complain about the J cord, I feel like it could have at least be done a little better.

post #385 of 3238

Ok so after about 120 hours controlled burn in I can access a few more things

 

Swapped the included tipos for the sony colored hybrids

 

- bass and sub bass have become huge. This makes sense as the membrane got loosen up too. Had to had to step down on the Neco V3 bass boost switch (I usually have it on because it´s very feeble and it ups the sound stage a lot). A bit more eq is in place too otherwise It will get boomy

 

- the treble and high treble range (cymbals etc) is clearly not high resolution but then again would´nt expect the perfect miracle. Nothing can be done here even if the eq is up on the  >16khz range

 

- mids for vocals, instruments etc have become the center stage of the sound in a good way

post #386 of 3238

So these are worth buying even if you are not using with a phone? This question was probably addressed already..

post #387 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKim View Post

So these are worth buying even if you are not using with a phone? This question was probably addressed already..

Its especially worth it if you're not using it with a phone as most phones won't do it justice

post #388 of 3238

My problem *might* be weather but it seems very unlikely to me. It's like someone turns down the volume really quickly, then immediately turns it back up. I wonder if perhaps it is a glitch in the remote part of the headset?

post #389 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

I will, though it will probably take the new pair at least 7 days to come. Anyway, the issue with my current mh1c is not super bothersome but it can take up to 5 seconds for the left piece to start but once it does it sounds great and doean't cut out. I just can't catch a break - I still have to deal with the customs to release my R1 and it's just a PITA as I'll pay like half of what the R1 costs even though the only tax I owe by law is like 7 bucks but they just made up like a post tax and a release tax and stuff like that to rip people off. 

It might just be that you've pressurized the driver out of it's gap and as it recovers, the motor works better again. Play them before a seal and see if the issue is still there when first played.

post #390 of 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

It might just be that you've pressurized the driver out of it's gap and as it recovers, the motor works better again. Play them before a seal and see if the issue is still there when first played.

Well, I guess something like that is possible but playing them before a seal and plugging them after won't do the job as even if they play fine before I insert them, the left piece will still cut out occasionaly when I get a seal, so actually there's no way to avoid the cutting out. Anyway, I'm getting a new one but I did cancel my new amazon order and ordered a white pair instead from taobao.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret