Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 230

post #3436 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStop View Post
 

I have had the MH1C's for about 8 months.  While they sound great, I'm a little frustrated by the filters.  The sound is continually getting muffled in one ear or the other.  I remove and replace the filter and it is all good again.  Unfortunately, the fix only lasts for a short while.  I don't think it is a moisture issue as I have had them sit for about a month without use and it is still muffled.  My hypothesis is that air pressure is causing the filters to get out of alignment when I insert the earphones.  Any thoughts on a fix?  Should I just toss the filters?

Same problem here, moved to other phones now.

post #3437 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStop View Post
 

I have had the MH1C's for about 8 months.  While they sound great, I'm a little frustrated by the filters.  The sound is continually getting muffled in one ear or the other.  I remove and replace the filter and it is all good again.  Unfortunately, the fix only lasts for a short while.  I don't think it is a moisture issue as I have had them sit for about a month without use and it is still muffled.  My hypothesis is that air pressure is causing the filters to get out of alignment when I insert the earphones.  Any thoughts on a fix?  Should I just toss the filters?

 

You can puncture a tiny hole on the muffled filter and adjust the size to sound normal again, for last resort you could remove the filter and the foam inside and stuff it with denser foam, adjust the foam density to sound as close as the normal filter.


Edited by HAMS - 2/22/15 at 8:31am
post #3438 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMS View Post
 

 

You can puncture a tiny hole on the muffled filter and adjust the size to sound normal again, for last resort you could remove the filter and the foam inside and stuff it with denser foam, adjust the foam density to sound as close as the normal filter.

Any idea what foam should i use? I have used cotton before it works like a charm but i waste a lot of time trying to measure the same amount for each channel.

I would appreciate a link with filters/foam for iems.

Thanks.

post #3439 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsora View Post
 

Any idea what foam should i use? I have used cotton before it works like a charm but i waste a lot of time trying to measure the same amount for each channel.

I would appreciate a link with filters/foam for iems.

Thanks.


Just any foam work, I use foam for dishwashing maybe it work the same like cotton or cloth. I cut a little and stuff it inside the nozzle next is just matter to adjust the volume of foam used to sound like stock filter.

post #3440 of 3449

Still trying to sell my ZMF recabled MH1...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/745648/zmf-sony-ericsson-mh1


Edited by d marc0 - 3/2/15 at 10:07am
post #3441 of 3449

I just ordered one from Ali Express (US 17.00), so it will take a while to arrive.
It will be my first quality IEM. I’m looking forward to comparing it with my full size headphones.

post #3442 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonhao View Post
 

I just ordered one from Ali Express (US 17.00), so it will take a while to arrive.
It will be my first quality IEM. I’m looking forward to comparing it with my full size headphones.

I am sure you will like them, if you are a bargain hunter i suggest you to take a look here too.

post #3443 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsora View Post
 

I am sure you will like them, if you are a bargain hunter i suggest you to take a look here too.

I hope so. And thanks for the link, very interesting thread..

post #3444 of 3449

i have 3 mini jack extentions 2 pc splitters and 1 extention i dont know if they are OMTP to CTIA but many people on the web say that they will do or i have to buy a specific adaptor to work with a new phone

post #3445 of 3449

Just bought a MH1 and EC250 for $12. Pretty cheap.

IMO it's too bassy for me, even more than my Pistons. However I like its highs, never heard anything like it before.

Also, it has the hardest cable ever. That and the remote is why I will never be able to wear this over-ear.


Edited by duo8 - 3/24/15 at 9:29pm
post #3446 of 3449

mh1's treble is awesome, very linear, smooth and crazy extension.

post #3447 of 3449

I agree, the treble is smooth and very detailed,

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by duo8 View Post
 

Just bought a MH1 and EC250 for $12. Pretty cheap.

IMO it's too bassy for me, even more than my Pistons. However I like its highs, never heard anything like it before.

Also, it has the hardest cable ever. That and the remote is why I will never be able to wear this over-ear.

 

I did the mod blocking the vent to reduce bass (pretty simple, it can be done without opening the housing). Acoustic, guitar, jazz vocal is where it shine after the mod, detail is otherworldly! Though I find bass is lacking most of time especially with treble dominant songs.

post #3448 of 3449

Someone said something bout replacing the filters.... I have the same issue with them. One is dirty or something so the sound is muffled and the volume is about 70% of the right one. I take off the filters and found that SQ is better for me. I am a basshead, but the bass is better with great extension and quantity but when needed. The sound is brighter ..more detailed. Now they Have a sparkle in the heighs.. WOW


Edited by NuBreed - 3/31/15 at 11:34am
post #3449 of 3449

Succesful but incomplete recable, crushed the original housing due to impatience but i found a workaround, now i am waiting to buy a glue gun to make a "strain relief" thingy.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret