Hello guys, I have been using this excellent little headset for a while (as a matter of fact I have bought several pairs for my kids too!) but I have stumbled on a little problem. I own a Geek Out 450, which is way too powerful for these IEMs. I fried 2 pairs before giving up. Now, I have been told there is a solution to this, an adapter modifying the impedance of the headphones, something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/290372905689?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AI. What is your opinion, would it work, and if yes, what is the right impedance for the Sonys ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 224
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read this review and finally bought my self sony mh1 and it will probably arrive in couple of days
got it pretty cheap 10$ for the iem but i must spend 5$ for trrs jack
now I just crossed my finger and hope that I wont get a deffect unit
and the most important part is that the hopefuly the sound is good
I've been using phonak 022, ath im50, ttpod t1, meelec m-duo, brainwavs b2
does anyone now which one of my iems that has the closest similiarity in sound character with sony mh1?
I'm looking for the mh1c more specifically as o do not have the cable required to convert them, and I like the idea of changing tracks without pulling out my phone. Nexus 4 w/viper4android BTW.
I found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Headset-w-SmartKey-Android-Control-for-SONY-MH1c-Bulk-Pack-Black-/281374366125?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
Trustable? Hoping for these to last me a while. And they look somewhat durable.
Edited by Dpat09 - 11/9/14 at 10:21pm
Hey, Check this out . Seems like genuine as he already sold around 83.
I haven't bought it from him , I bought it from a the below link, now he stopped shipping to Inida I don't know why.
Let me know once you bought it , I want to buy another pair.
I'm interested in rinchoi mod, once the rear vent(on the transducer) is completely blocked with little lowpass the frequency response is become very linear close to Etymotic ER-4.
Edited by HAMS - 11/22/14 at 4:45pm
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Burson Conductor SL build quality issues (1793) 27 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition Review by mark2410 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 8 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets 10 minutes ago
- › Looking to get the Grado SR80e and FiiO E10K, got any suggestions. 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)