O.k. I've started experimenting on the mh1. I just thought I'd post some pictures of what I've done so far.
It's not as bad as it looks. I started by trying to use a dremel and drill into the driver area thinking I could possibly make an opening that way and then cover it when I was done. :-P So much for that idea. You can see there is a chunk of material at the end of the cable that just didn't let that happen easily. So I just removed everything to do something along the line of rin's mod. I'm still brainstorming over what to use for the encapsulation, but at least now it's real easy to get to the drivers. :-PWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Holly cow, I'm excited to see what will come out of it!!!