Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 206

post #3076 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

O.k. I've started experimenting on the mh1. I just thought I'd post some pictures of what I've done so far.

 

It's not as bad as it looks. I started by trying to use a dremel and drill into the driver area thinking I could possibly make an opening that way and then cover it when I was done. :-P So much for that idea. You can see there is a chunk of material at the end of the cable that just didn't let that happen easily. So I just removed everything to do something along the line of rin's mod. I'm still brainstorming over what to use for the encapsulation, but at least now it's real easy to get to the drivers. :-P

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

Holly cow, I'm excited to see what will come out of it!!!

post #3077 of 3086

Oh deeeeeeuuum! Got into those puppies without destroying the stress relief at all. Just need to pop a cap on that baby with some glue and she's all sexy like. haha That is assuming I can fit the dang soldering iron in there without melting everything. :-P It all looks so big until it's in front of you in real life. Somehow they magically shrink when you try to work on them. :-P

 

I'll be more careful on the next pair as this was sort of still an experiment getting everything out of the chamber. I used an xacto knife and cut everything out essentially. Like MH1 surgery I suppose. I'm giving it a new neurological system. :-P

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark


Edited by luisdent - Yesterday at 2:26 pm
post #3078 of 3086

This is not soldered. But here's an idea of what it might look like once it is... Everything fits nicely, and this is 24awg wire. I plan to use at least 26awg probably...

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

post #3079 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

This is not soldered. But here's an idea of what it might look like once it is... Everything fits nicely, and this is 24awg wire. I plan to use at least 26awg probably...


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

You're really making me want to buy another pair and do the exact same thing!!

I need cable though... I've been through some sites mentioned here, but being a complete noob as far as cable and plugs/connectors choosing goes, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what to get for my DIY (I guess I need to read more about it, but it would be very helpful if someone could point me in the right direction, maybe PM me or something)

post #3080 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

Oh deeeeeeuuum! Got into those puppies without destroying the stress relief at all. Just need to pop a cap on that baby with some glue and she's all sexy like. haha That is assuming I can fit the dang soldering iron in there without melting everything. :-P It all looks so big until it's in front of you in real life. Somehow they magically shrink when you try to work on them. :-P

 

I'll be more careful on the next pair as this was sort of still an experiment getting everything out of the chamber. I used an xacto knife and cut everything out essentially. Like MH1 surgery I suppose. I'm giving it a new neurological system. :-P

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

This is not soldered. But here's an idea of what it might look like once it is... Everything fits nicely, and this is 24awg wire. I plan to use at least 26awg probably...

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

^

Oh snap!!! Amazing work meng!!! :beerchug:

 

Sure looks A LOT better than the ear piece from yesterday. LMAO Now we are finally cooking. WOOT WOOT!!!

 

Lookin' sexcee there, keep at it. Feel free to destroy another set if need be. :triportsad:  IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE WHY OF COURSE. :ph34r: 


Edited by sfwalcer - Yesterday at 3:16 pm
post #3081 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 
Oh deeeeeeuuum! Got into those puppies without destroying the stress relief at all. Just need to pop a cap on that baby with some glue and she's all sexy like. haha That is assuming I can fit the dang soldering iron in there without melting everything. :-P It all looks so big until it's in front of you in real life. Somehow they magically shrink when you try to work on them. :-P

I'll be more careful on the next pair as this was sort of still an experiment getting everything out of the chamber. I used an xacto knife and cut everything out essentially. Like MH1 surgery I suppose. I'm giving it a new neurological system. :-P

AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 
This is not soldered. But here's an idea of what it might look like once it is... Everything fits nicely, and this is 24awg wire. I plan to use at least 26awg probably...

AppleMark


AppleMark
^
Oh snap!!! Amazing work meng!!! beerchug.gif

Sure looks A LOT better than the ear piece from yesterday. LMAO Now we are finally cooking. WOOT WOOT!!!

Lookin' sexcee there, keep at it. Feel free to destroy another set if need be. triportsad.gif   IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE WHY OF COURSE. ph34r.gif  
Photos are good, but i needed to destroy the first through experimentation to really see how it was put together and how to get at everything.

Getting to the drivers like my latest butchering isn't too bad, the soldering is gonna suck though, because there's that much more material around the terminals to avoid. I might need a smaller iron tip. Not sure yet. Once i get my parts in the mail i'll give it a shot...
post #3082 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by FInixNOver View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 
This is not soldered. But here's an idea of what it might look like once it is... Everything fits nicely, and this is 24awg wire. I plan to use at least 26awg probably...


  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
AppleMark


AppleMark
You're really making me want to buy another pair and do the exact same thing!!
I need cable though... I've been through some sites mentioned here, but being a complete noob as far as cable and plugs/connectors choosing goes, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what to get for my DIY (I guess I need to read more about it, but it would be very helpful if someone could point me in the right direction, maybe PM me or something)
For earphones in the US I would personally get btg audio wire. In the UK you could get toxic cables wire or puresound or whatever it is... They will be small and flexible enough for an earphone.,,
post #3083 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


For earphones in the US I would personally get btg audio wire. In the UK you could get toxic cables wire or puresound or whatever it is... They will be small and flexible enough for an earphone.,,

Yeah, I'd prefer to get them from somewhere in europe, to avoid long waiting periods and additional custom fees...

I'll see what I can find... I was thinking about 26AWG wire with clear insulation, and maybe copper and silver wires to distinguish the right and left channels. Either that, or clear insulation for left and clear/red for right. I also would like to make the cable detachable... Which connectors would you recommend? (something minimal that I could attach to end of the strain relief)

 

I'm sorry for going off topic, but asking is an essential part of learning (and so is reading, I know :D I'm also doing that)

post #3084 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


Photos are good, but i needed to destroy the first through experimentation to really see how it was put together and how to get at everything.

Getting to the drivers like my latest butchering isn't too bad, the soldering is gonna suck though, because there's that much more material around the terminals to avoid. I might need a smaller iron tip. Not sure yet. Once i get my parts in the mail i'll give it a shot...


^

You photos are great keep them flowin' and experimenting. :)

 

The housing of these MH1/Cs being so small is gonna take some skittles to get int their for sure. But i am sure you can handle it. : P

post #3085 of 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


Photos are good, but i needed to destroy the first through experimentation to really see how it was put together and how to get at everything.

Getting to the drivers like my latest butchering isn't too bad, the soldering is gonna suck though, because there's that much more material around the terminals to avoid. I might need a smaller iron tip. Not sure yet. Once i get my parts in the mail i'll give it a shot...


^

You photos are great keep them flowin' and experimenting. :)

 

The housing of these MH1/Cs being so small is gonna take some skittles to get int their for sure. But i am sure you can handle it. : P

 

Time will tell. :-P  I'm going to try and use this first experiment to still make a nice recable if possible. Maybe I'll try the audio mods with this one or something to tame some of the bass... not sure.

post #3086 of 3086

MH1-BL is the same as mh1c,right?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret