or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 202

post #3016 of 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post

I can do that I am from Hamburg Germany

Pm'd!
post #3017 of 3560

^ CONGRATS!!!

 

Wish someone stateside is willing to do re-cable for cheap sigh.

 

$99 ain't bad cuz the IEM/ shipping is included but still it's a bit much tbh.

post #3018 of 3560

 

 

 

 

Finally i got paracord sleevings for my braided cabels..

I got black, red and blue sleevings..

still waiting for various kind of cable I ordered and heatshring tubing

post #3019 of 3560

Hello, I just received the MH1 from amazon but apparently it does not work on either my itouch nor my sansa clip zip....Honestly it sounds garbles like the earphones were broken. But It works on my laptop. is there any way to make it sing properly? 

post #3020 of 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandasaputra View Post

Hello, I just received the MH1 from amazon but apparently it does not work on either my itouch nor my sansa clip zip....Honestly it sounds garbles like the earphones were broken. But It works on my laptop. is there any way to make it sing properly? 

Read the first post. The MH1 doesn't work with many devices due to its older plug. You can get a cheap adapter for it on ebay.
post #3021 of 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandasaputra View Post

Hello, I just received the MH1 from amazon but apparently it does not work on either my itouch nor my sansa clip zip....Honestly it sounds garbles like the earphones were broken. But It works on my laptop. is there any way to make it sing properly? 
A lot of basic adapters and splitters will fix the audio alone. Try any y-splitter or extension cable. All you need to do to fix the audio is join the ground and mic on the sleeve, which most of these types of cables will do. The controls are another matter.
post #3022 of 3560

Took me a wild guess and realized that it works only when the center button is pressed. So I need "something" to keep pressing the button. I decided to tinker this earphones in ghetto way:

 

1) cut a card or something solid enough to press the button.

 

2) glued that son of gun with super glue. I added a gorilla glue as well

 

3. Wired that thing to keep the piece of card pressed firmly

 

4. Using plier with fine point, pressed the wire so that it would stay flat along the surface of the cable. This prevents the wire from scratching my ears when worn over the ear.

 

but so far so good. I need to burn it so it'll be less congested. Is there any better tips that would suit these?

 

edit: so when the center button is pressed, it sounds the same as when it's plugged onto the adapter correct?


Edited by Gandasaputra - 4/1/14 at 11:11pm
post #3023 of 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandasaputra View Post

 

edit: so when the center button is pressed, it sounds the same as when it's plugged onto the adapter correct?

 

Yep. That's right. I got tired of using fiddly adapters and really didn't care for the mic or button functionality so I just ended up taping mine down with cardboard and gaffer tape as a permanent fixture.

post #3024 of 3560

it is so easy to open the remote and short the mic-gnd connection with some solder as described previously ...why go to all the trouble of adapters, glue, etc etc...

post #3025 of 3560

Out of curiosity, what is the price of an MH1C now? I saw some going for $60 on eBay - is that true? I bought mine for $25 back when they were on the down-low :D

post #3026 of 3560

I think this thread increased the demand and thus cost. :-P

post #3027 of 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
 

it is so easy to open the remote and short the mic-gnd connection with some solder as described previously ...why go to all the trouble of adapters, glue, etc etc...

Because shortening it won’t preserve the button and mic functions? 

 

Will switching the ground and mic wires in remote effectively convert to CTIA? I am afraid I might end up with the left speaker having CTIA ground while the right one has OMTP ground.

 

Could you link me a good tutorial (post # in this thread, I guess) about doing the procedure you mentioned?

 

I have twelve Sony MH1 right now (~5€ each from Amazon.de), but only one adapter (the one ClieOS recommends). Because its length is pretty annoying, I’d prefer a solder solution, at least if the parts can be put together so that the headset looks like before opening again.

post #3028 of 3560
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadano View Post
 

Will switching the ground and mic wires in remote effectively convert to CTIA? I am afraid I might end up with the left speaker having CTIA ground while the right one has OMTP ground.

 

That's technically impossible.

post #3029 of 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post

Out of curiosity, what is the price of an MH1C now? I saw some going for $60 on eBay - is that true? I bought mine for $25 back when they were on the down-low biggrin.gif

I just bought a set on eBay for 99p smily_headphones1.gif these may turn out to be a cable replacement experiment. Otherwise you can still buy them on amazon uk for £14 shipped.
post #3030 of 3560
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

That's technically impossible.


Does that mean that switching the ground and mic wires within the remote will do what I want (convert to CTIA)?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret