Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 192

post #2866 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyNutz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne000 View Post

 
Hi, I have an error with your link but I paid €8 for a pair on Amazon and they were original. smily_headphones1.gif


Great. I just wonder how to pop them open to get at the solder points ...and if it looks OK to get in at, then this is an amazing deal even with a re-cable. ksc75smile.gif
Getting to the driver terminals is not easy.
post #2867 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


Getting to the driver terminals is not easy.


That is the understatement of the century.:D

 

Has anyone discovered an efficient (and non destructive ) method of removing the hot glue from the rear of the driver?

post #2868 of 3333

I have problems with LiveSound MH1 when using outdoor, right earbud dropped the sound at minimum, any suggestion

post #2869 of 3333

This seller below seems to say they work with any standard 3.5" player socket ?

 

I guess their Sony Mh-1BL is just a reference to the color (black) ?

QUOTE " Description

Works with all models of Sony Ericsson and MP3/MP4 Players and any latest mobile phone that support 3.5mm Jack Plug."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360831700210?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I thought Sony MH-1 must get a re-cable or an adapter plug to bridge their TRRS plug to anything other than a phone plug hole?

 

Was going to use it with a Clip Zip if possible.

post #2870 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyNutz View Post
 

This seller below seems to say they work with any standard 3.5" player socket ?

 

I guess their Sony Mh-1BL is just a reference to the color (black) ?

QUOTE " Description

Works with all models of Sony Ericsson and MP3/MP4 Players and any latest mobile phone that support 3.5mm Jack Plug."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360831700210?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I thought Sony MH-1 must get a re-cable or an adapter plug to bridge their TRRS plug to anything other than a phone plug hole?

 

Was going to use it with a Clip Zip if possible.

MH1-BL is the black version of the MH1 (non-C version).

 

It won't work with CITA phones. Clip Zip is iffy. You should probably order one of those adapters in case.

post #2871 of 3333
post #2872 of 3333

thank you

post #2873 of 3333

Received my MH1 today from eBay for dinner money. With a zip-tie over the middle button it works fine with the standard headphone jack on my Fiio E5 as well as straight into my Galaxy Nexus handset. 

Enjoying some contemporary orchestral music right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ini5ScescX0

EDIT:This tames the bass nicely:


Edited by markanini - 1/28/14 at 8:25pm
post #2874 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by higbvuyb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyNutz View Post

MH1-BL is the black version of the MH1 (non-C version).

It won't work with CITA phones. Clip Zip is iffy. You should probably order one of those adapters in case.
Clip zip is a no with the mh1. Unless modded or with an adapter..
post #2875 of 3333

Have a problem with loudness on my mh1. My right phone started to sound much quieter. Tried to clean the filter, but only way to make it much loudier(but after that loss of bass and loudier then left phone)  to remove mesh. Is there any advice how to clean the mesh or to make a mesh replacment?

post #2876 of 3333

My ghetto zip tie method finally gave way and the button is all messed up.

 

Now there are sellers selling the mh1 with the CITA adapter for $15 together: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Headset-MH1-EC250-adaptor-For-Sony-Lt26i-st26i-LT39i-C6603-LT36i-st27i-Z1-Black-/310844630845?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item485fc8a73d&_uhb=1

 

Does anyone know of where I can just get the adapter for cheap? The cheapest I found was $6 on ebay and i may as well just buy the headphone + adapter for $8 more.

post #2877 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg123321 View Post
 

My ghetto zip tie method finally gave way and the button is all messed up.

 

Now there are sellers selling the mh1 with the CITA adapter for $15 together: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Headset-MH1-EC250-adaptor-For-Sony-Lt26i-st26i-LT39i-C6603-LT36i-st27i-Z1-Black-/310844630845?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item485fc8a73d&_uhb=1

 

Does anyone know of where I can just get the adapter for cheap? The cheapest I found was $6 on ebay and i may as well just buy the headphone + adapter for $8 more.

 

Have you ever soldered?  It's very easy to bridge the ground and mic, which is essentially what you were doing with your zip tie method:

 

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html

 

The adapter that comes with those earphones is junk.  They fail very quickly.  It may seem like more, because the earphones are so cheap, but don't think of the adapter in comparison to the earphones.  The earphones are awesome, so they're worth more right?  So $10 or so for an adapter is still very cheap overall for awesome earphones.  Either that or solder them yourself. Both are cheap and easy. :-P


Edited by luisdent - 2/2/14 at 10:43am
post #2878 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

 

Have you ever soldered?  It's very easy to bridge the ground and mic, which is essentially what you were doing with your zip tie method:

 

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html

 

The adapter that comes with those earphones is junk.  They fail very quickly.  It may seem like more, because the earphones are so cheap, but don't think of the adapter in comparison to the earphones.  The earphones are awesome, so they're worth more right?  So $10 or so for an adapter is still very cheap overall for awesome earphones.  Either that or solder them yourself. Both are cheap and easy. :-P

I'm a noob at soldering but I have done it a few times before (and have all the tools!) so I think I will go that route. These are my gym phones so I don't care too much, but I saw your recable and I must say it looks awesome!

post #2879 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg123321 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

Have you ever soldered?  It's very easy to bridge the ground and mic, which is essentially what you were doing with your zip tie method:

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html

The adapter that comes with those earphones is junk.  They fail very quickly.  It may seem like more, because the earphones are so cheap, but don't think of the adapter in comparison to the earphones.  The earphones are awesome, so they're worth more right?  So $10 or so for an adapter is still very cheap overall for awesome earphones.  Either that or solder them yourself. Both are cheap and easy. :-P
I'm a noob at soldering but I have done it a few times before (and have all the tools!) so I think I will go that route. These are my gym phones so I don't care too much, but I saw your recable and I must say it looks awesome!
It's pretty simple. Melt some solder on the tip of the soldering iron first. Enough to cover it but not make a big hanging blob. Then touch it to one point (mic or ground) and get the solder hot enough to start flowing and then add more solder to that point and drag it across to the other point and let it cool. Done. I would use heatshrink on the controls after if you want it to look nicer possibly. I just used electrical tape :-P
Edited by luisdent - 2/2/14 at 2:03pm
post #2880 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


It's pretty simple. Melt some solder on the tip of the soldering iron first. Enough to cover it but not make a big hanging blob. Then touch it to one point (mic or ground) and get the solder hot enough to start flowing and then add more solder to that point and drag it across to the other point and let it cool. Done. I would use heatshrink on the controls after if you want it to look nicer possibly. I just used electrical tape :-P

 

Already done :D Thanks for the tips, I forgot about the heatshrink until everything was all done. It was really easy (except for my super thick 1.6mm solder.. and 20w iron) and everything snapped back together cleanly. Just curious about the adapters, do they enable the mic and/or buttons? As good as these sound I can't really get myself to buy another pair due to the horrendous cable. Maybe when these ones break I'll try recabling them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret