Thanks i ordered them :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 191
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congrats!!! How about dat cable though???
I ordered three pairs Sony mh1c to, just in case, I have found what I'm looking for.
Thanks for this topic, regards Martin.
if you like the mh1 why did you buy three mh1c? ;-P Return them and get three mh1 ;)
I've had them for a few months now and they're so good I've bought 2 more pairs.
These are just very enjoyable and very smooth ... I can have these on all day and is very toe tapping.
I have since sold everything else as nothing else compared to these to my ears .. my shure940, yuinPK3, yuinOK2, M50 all gone.
Recently I went to hong kong for a month and this is the only place I know where you can sit down and try every headphone, iem and amp you want and take your time doing it. they even have every top of the line iems just hanging there for anyone to try. So I spent hours and hours trying different iems to see if anything is comparable or betters these $15 sonys.
Westones ... so mid centric I really didn't like any of them as you can't hear anything else but I give it to them for amazing smooth vocals and easily the most comfortable.
Shures ... being a shure fan I really wanted to like them. only one I didn't try and cannot afford anyway was the 846. but even the 530, 535, I felt they're muddy compared to the sonys and no way I would buy them for 30x the price of the sonys.
Phlips ... I really quite liked the S2 iems. very very smooth especially good for female vocals but it just didn't have the clearness of the sonys but still very enjoyable .. I could live with these but they're kind of semi-opened and I think it leaks sound a fair bit which is no good for me.
Then I tried some UE900 mind you these are 25x the price of the sonys .. I think these are the only ones they can better the sonys from the 50 or so iems I tried on. they have a more mid or vocal presence and just extremely clear and crisp with everything very well balanced .. it can still do with a tiny bit more bass like the sonys though. Are these worth 25 times the price of the sonys? probably not ... but they are very good to my ears and in the end after trying so many I just had to get something ... and these were it .. they do sound awesome with a FiioE10 and E9 combo and so does the sonys.
I do still find the sony just as enjoyable and overall balance and smoothness is amazing .. a tiny bit recessed in the vocals compared to the UEs.. UEs have more fullness overall but not as smooth and lush and have less bass.
In the end, if you have $15 .. these are amazing. I did this mod on them and takes 1 minute to do and very easy so you don't need the plug.
if you have $300 .... UE900 are quiet amazing but is certainly not 25x better .. just different.
This is true. MH1c has more varied bass between units and the mh1 is a bit more neutral, if that's your thing. You can get an adapter for your clip or do some simply modding. Either way, enjoy!
Thank you guys, i really like smooth sound signature with emphasis on sub bass (no midbass), i am sensitive to lower highs, i have some problems in that area with my RHA MA 750I but with foam filter now is good, in comparison with mh1 rha 750 has more thick and massive sound, with more sub bass, less mids,more dark sound signature, mh1 is more neutral sound to me,mh1 is hungry little beast, they need juice, for my luck i have Fiio E11 and they are perfect combination, regards Martin.
Are there a lot of fake MH1's ? These ones seem awfully cheap.....
Also, does anyone know how easy is it to open them to do a re-cable ?
Great. I just wonder how to pop them open to get at the solder points ...and if it looks OK to get in at, then this is an amazing deal even with a re-cable.
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 28 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 50 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for headphones to monitor audio in movie production 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)