Thanks i ordered them :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 191
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2852 of 29271/22/14 at 1:29pmpost #2853 of 29271/22/14 at 8:36pmQuote:
Congrats!!! How about dat cable though???post #2854 of 29271/24/14 at 1:26pmI just got sony ericsson mh1 and wow, this is it , i really like smooth sound signature,
I ordered three pairs Sony mh1c to, just in case, I have found what I'm looking for.
Thanks for this topic, regards Martin.post #2855 of 29271/24/14 at 1:47pmQuote:
if you like the mh1 why did you buy three mh1c? ;-P Return them and get three mh1 ;)post #2856 of 29271/24/14 at 1:55pmpost #2857 of 29271/24/14 at 2:52pmpost #2858 of 29271/24/14 at 3:12pmpost #2859 of 29271/24/14 at 3:44pm
I've had them for a few months now and they're so good I've bought 2 more pairs.
These are just very enjoyable and very smooth ... I can have these on all day and is very toe tapping.
I have since sold everything else as nothing else compared to these to my ears .. my shure940, yuinPK3, yuinOK2, M50 all gone.
Recently I went to hong kong for a month and this is the only place I know where you can sit down and try every headphone, iem and amp you want and take your time doing it. they even have every top of the line iems just hanging there for anyone to try. So I spent hours and hours trying different iems to see if anything is comparable or betters these $15 sonys.
Westones ... so mid centric I really didn't like any of them as you can't hear anything else but I give it to them for amazing smooth vocals and easily the most comfortable.
Shures ... being a shure fan I really wanted to like them. only one I didn't try and cannot afford anyway was the 846. but even the 530, 535, I felt they're muddy compared to the sonys and no way I would buy them for 30x the price of the sonys.
Phlips ... I really quite liked the S2 iems. very very smooth especially good for female vocals but it just didn't have the clearness of the sonys but still very enjoyable .. I could live with these but they're kind of semi-opened and I think it leaks sound a fair bit which is no good for me.
Then I tried some UE900 mind you these are 25x the price of the sonys .. I think these are the only ones they can better the sonys from the 50 or so iems I tried on. they have a more mid or vocal presence and just extremely clear and crisp with everything very well balanced .. it can still do with a tiny bit more bass like the sonys though. Are these worth 25 times the price of the sonys? probably not ... but they are very good to my ears and in the end after trying so many I just had to get something ... and these were it .. they do sound awesome with a FiioE10 and E9 combo and so does the sonys.
I do still find the sony just as enjoyable and overall balance and smoothness is amazing .. a tiny bit recessed in the vocals compared to the UEs.. UEs have more fullness overall but not as smooth and lush and have less bass.
In the end, if you have $15 .. these are amazing. I did this mod on them and takes 1 minute to do and very easy so you don't need the plug.
if you have $300 .... UE900 are quiet amazing but is certainly not 25x better .. just different.post #2860 of 29271/24/14 at 3:45pmQuote:
This is true. MH1c has more varied bass between units and the mh1 is a bit more neutral, if that's your thing. You can get an adapter for your clip or do some simply modding. Either way, enjoy!post #2861 of 29271/25/14 at 1:32am
Thank you guys, i really like smooth sound signature with emphasis on sub bass (no midbass), i am sensitive to lower highs, i have some problems in that area with my RHA MA 750I but with foam filter now is good, in comparison with mh1 rha 750 has more thick and massive sound, with more sub bass, less mids,more dark sound signature, mh1 is more neutral sound to me,mh1 is hungry little beast, they need juice, for my luck i have Fiio E11 and they are perfect combination, regards Martin.post #2862 of 29271/25/14 at 4:37am
Are there a lot of fake MH1's ? These ones seem awfully cheap.....
Also, does anyone know how easy is it to open them to do a re-cable ?post #2863 of 29271/25/14 at 4:40ampost #2864 of 29271/25/14 at 4:44ampost #2865 of 29271/25/14 at 4:49amQuote:
Great. I just wonder how to pop them open to get at the solder points ...and if it looks OK to get in at, then this is an amazing deal even with a re-cable.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs 6 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 15 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 35 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 44 seconds ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › The inside of ACS T1 (old vision) shocked me when I opened it..And... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones To Buy For PC-Based Music Listening 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude