Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Jlab Epic, Don't blow this off if you like Sony MH1 or MH1C Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I begin, I want to thank @H20Fidelity for providing me this review sample. Also want to thank Fidue for creating such a great product. I did not purchase the Fidue A71 but I will not let...
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, I just received my MH1 from Amazon UK. They sound just amazing for the price (Maybe better than my Bose intras... And better than my XBA1). Thanks a lot !
They are available here for £9.9 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385731214&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+MH1
But i'm living in France so i ordered them on Amazon.fr, they were priced at €15, but they are now priced €8.9 :
Edited by Etienne000 - 11/29/13 at 5:25am
If there's one thing I'm really impressed about the MH1: It's ability to scale with your equipment. The better the source file (flac), dap, and amp, the MH1 just performs worthy of your time and attention!
A friend who has an iphone 5 wants to get an MH1. I have the iphone 3GS but my MH1 does not work with it, and I also thought all (newer?) iphones were CTIA. Can someone please confirm/clarify: does the MH1 work with the iphone 5 or does it need an adapter?
Edited by ocdeep - 12/1/13 at 7:40pm
Last few notes on this topic: (1) CTIA plug is compatible to almost all typical 3.5mm TRS socket, meaning you should be able to use the headset as typical IEM on any mp3 player (i.e. iPod, Cowon, Sansa Clip, etc). OMTP plug on the other is not compatible to most 3.5mm TRS socket and only sound normal with the TRRS smart adapter mentioned before or when you pressed the call button on the remote. (2) Given Apple iDevice also use the CTIA standard, you can use the MH1C on any iDevices as well, but the volume control and smart button won’t work. Only the call button is functional. [UPDATE 30th Oct. 2012] I just got my Nano 7G and can confirm the mic won't work on it. Given I have tested the mic on my Nano 4G and it works, the current conclusion is - MH1 will likely work only on older iDevices but not the latest generation. Apple must have changed something along the way... [UPDATE again] As I was playing around all the different headset I have to figure out just which headset works with Nano 7G (and possibly iPhone 5) and which isn't, I stumble upon a solution to let MH1's mic and call button to work with Nano 7G and it is quite simple - it seems what Apple has done in the recent generation of iDevice is they have changed the resistance inside the remote that needs to trigger the mic and call button function, thus making some headset work while other won't. So how do we trigger the mic and call button function on MH1 (and likely on other headset that current don't work with the latest iDevice)? Easy, just press either Volume+ or Volume- button when you plug the headset in and release it when plugged in. The volume control still won't work, but it will give you the ability to answer call and play/pause music (single press), skip to next song (double press), back to previous song (triple press), voice over (long hold) and voice memo recording.
Many thanks ClieOS, for introducing me to these gems! In what you have written above, are you saying that the MH1's mic and call buttons can be made to work on the Nano 7G (and possibly iphone 5) or did you mean to say the MH1C's? I'm interested in knowing the extent of compatibility between the MH1 and the iphone 5.
Don't really know how you recable them, but its very neat.
Mind sharing your technique?
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasnt the one who recabled them. I paid someone to recable them for me. The DIY guy charged me 15 USD for the first pair and 25 USD for the second pair because it was a rush job.
My mh1 works with the audio of my ipod touch 5g ctia, but not the controls, however it doesn't work with my sansa players. Not sure if all new idevices are like that... You can make a very easy soldering change to fix the controls or buy a very cheap adapter... Just an fyi.z
Thanks for the info. Does the mic on the touch work too? If so, the touch can handle both CTIA and OMTP ... interesting..... and the iphone 5 audio probably also works with the MH1s. I'm aware of the mods and the adapter but I was trying to find out for a friend (in another country) who wouldn't be up to doing the mods. Think I'll just wait till he gets the MH1s, and he can get an adapter if they don't work :)
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › The headphones for movies thread 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIOVALVE LUMINARE: an Universal Headphone Amp with three... 4 minutes ago
- › New full-sized headphone to get the best out of my Fiio X1 ( and... 7 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Octave 9 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 9 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 9 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 11 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3