Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, I just received my MH1 from Amazon UK. They sound just amazing for the price (Maybe better than my Bose intras... And better than my XBA1). Thanks a lot !
They are available here for £9.9 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385731214&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+MH1
But i'm living in France so i ordered them on Amazon.fr, they were priced at €15, but they are now priced €8.9 :
Edited by Etienne000 - 11/29/13 at 5:25am
If there's one thing I'm really impressed about the MH1: It's ability to scale with your equipment. The better the source file (flac), dap, and amp, the MH1 just performs worthy of your time and attention!
A friend who has an iphone 5 wants to get an MH1. I have the iphone 3GS but my MH1 does not work with it, and I also thought all (newer?) iphones were CTIA. Can someone please confirm/clarify: does the MH1 work with the iphone 5 or does it need an adapter?
Edited by ocdeep - 12/1/13 at 7:40pm
Last few notes on this topic: (1) CTIA plug is compatible to almost all typical 3.5mm TRS socket, meaning you should be able to use the headset as typical IEM on any mp3 player (i.e. iPod, Cowon, Sansa Clip, etc). OMTP plug on the other is not compatible to most 3.5mm TRS socket and only sound normal with the TRRS smart adapter mentioned before or when you pressed the call button on the remote. (2) Given Apple iDevice also use the CTIA standard, you can use the MH1C on any iDevices as well, but the volume control and smart button won’t work. Only the call button is functional. [UPDATE 30th Oct. 2012] I just got my Nano 7G and can confirm the mic won't work on it. Given I have tested the mic on my Nano 4G and it works, the current conclusion is - MH1 will likely work only on older iDevices but not the latest generation. Apple must have changed something along the way... [UPDATE again] As I was playing around all the different headset I have to figure out just which headset works with Nano 7G (and possibly iPhone 5) and which isn't, I stumble upon a solution to let MH1's mic and call button to work with Nano 7G and it is quite simple - it seems what Apple has done in the recent generation of iDevice is they have changed the resistance inside the remote that needs to trigger the mic and call button function, thus making some headset work while other won't. So how do we trigger the mic and call button function on MH1 (and likely on other headset that current don't work with the latest iDevice)? Easy, just press either Volume+ or Volume- button when you plug the headset in and release it when plugged in. The volume control still won't work, but it will give you the ability to answer call and play/pause music (single press), skip to next song (double press), back to previous song (triple press), voice over (long hold) and voice memo recording.
Many thanks ClieOS, for introducing me to these gems! In what you have written above, are you saying that the MH1's mic and call buttons can be made to work on the Nano 7G (and possibly iphone 5) or did you mean to say the MH1C's? I'm interested in knowing the extent of compatibility between the MH1 and the iphone 5.
Don't really know how you recable them, but its very neat.
Mind sharing your technique?
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasnt the one who recabled them. I paid someone to recable them for me. The DIY guy charged me 15 USD for the first pair and 25 USD for the second pair because it was a rush job.
My mh1 works with the audio of my ipod touch 5g ctia, but not the controls, however it doesn't work with my sansa players. Not sure if all new idevices are like that... You can make a very easy soldering change to fix the controls or buy a very cheap adapter... Just an fyi.z
Thanks for the info. Does the mic on the touch work too? If so, the touch can handle both CTIA and OMTP ... interesting..... and the iphone 5 audio probably also works with the MH1s. I'm aware of the mods and the adapter but I was trying to find out for a friend (in another country) who wouldn't be up to doing the mods. Think I'll just wait till he gets the MH1s, and he can get an adapter if they don't work :)
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 second ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 8 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x 25 seconds ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 47 seconds ago
- › Fitear to go 334 connectors 59 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Headset for gaming - 150 euro budget 2 minutes ago
- › Great headsets for around $100? 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)