Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2717 of 295311/29/13 at 4:34am
Hi, I just received my MH1 from Amazon UK. They sound just amazing for the price (Maybe better than my Bose intras... And better than my XBA1). Thanks a lot !
They are available here for £9.9 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385731214&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+MH1
But i'm living in France so i ordered them on Amazon.fr, they were priced at €15, but they are now priced €8.9 :
Edited by Etienne000 - 11/29/13 at 5:25ampost #2718 of 295311/29/13 at 4:12pm
If there's one thing I'm really impressed about the MH1: It's ability to scale with your equipment. The better the source file (flac), dap, and amp, the MH1 just performs worthy of your time and attention!post #2719 of 295312/1/13 at 4:12pmpost #2720 of 295312/1/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
A friend who has an iphone 5 wants to get an MH1. I have the iphone 3GS but my MH1 does not work with it, and I also thought all (newer?) iphones were CTIA. Can someone please confirm/clarify: does the MH1 work with the iphone 5 or does it need an adapter?
Edited by ocdeep - 12/1/13 at 7:40pmpost #2721 of 295312/1/13 at 7:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
Last few notes on this topic: (1) CTIA plug is compatible to almost all typical 3.5mm TRS socket, meaning you should be able to use the headset as typical IEM on any mp3 player (i.e. iPod, Cowon, Sansa Clip, etc). OMTP plug on the other is not compatible to most 3.5mm TRS socket and only sound normal with the TRRS smart adapter mentioned before or when you pressed the call button on the remote. (2) Given Apple iDevice also use the CTIA standard, you can use the MH1C on any iDevices as well, but the volume control and smart button won’t work. Only the call button is functional. [UPDATE 30th Oct. 2012] I just got my Nano 7G and can confirm the mic won't work on it. Given I have tested the mic on my Nano 4G and it works, the current conclusion is - MH1 will likely work only on older iDevices but not the latest generation. Apple must have changed something along the way... [UPDATE again] As I was playing around all the different headset I have to figure out just which headset works with Nano 7G (and possibly iPhone 5) and which isn't, I stumble upon a solution to let MH1's mic and call button to work with Nano 7G and it is quite simple - it seems what Apple has done in the recent generation of iDevice is they have changed the resistance inside the remote that needs to trigger the mic and call button function, thus making some headset work while other won't. So how do we trigger the mic and call button function on MH1 (and likely on other headset that current don't work with the latest iDevice)? Easy, just press either Volume+ or Volume- button when you plug the headset in and release it when plugged in. The volume control still won't work, but it will give you the ability to answer call and play/pause music (single press), skip to next song (double press), back to previous song (triple press), voice over (long hold) and voice memo recording.
Many thanks ClieOS, for introducing me to these gems! In what you have written above, are you saying that the MH1's mic and call buttons can be made to work on the Nano 7G (and possibly iphone 5) or did you mean to say the MH1C's? I'm interested in knowing the extent of compatibility between the MH1 and the iphone 5.post #2722 of 295312/1/13 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #2723 of 295312/1/13 at 9:12pmpost #2724 of 295312/1/13 at 11:01pmMy mh1 works with the audio of my ipod touch 5g ctia, but not the controls, however it doesn't work with my sansa players. Not sure if all new idevices are like that... You can make a very easy soldering change to fix the controls or buy a very cheap adapter... Just an fyi.zpost #2725 of 295312/2/13 at 2:51ampost #2726 of 295312/2/13 at 2:58amQuote:
Don't really know how you recable them, but its very neat.
Mind sharing your technique?post #2727 of 295312/2/13 at 3:04ampost #2728 of 295312/2/13 at 3:13amQuote:
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasnt the one who recabled them. I paid someone to recable them for me. The DIY guy charged me 15 USD for the first pair and 25 USD for the second pair because it was a rush job.post #2729 of 295312/2/13 at 8:26amQuote:Originally Posted by luisdent
My mh1 works with the audio of my ipod touch 5g ctia, but not the controls, however it doesn't work with my sansa players. Not sure if all new idevices are like that... You can make a very easy soldering change to fix the controls or buy a very cheap adapter... Just an fyi.z
Thanks for the info. Does the mic on the touch work too? If so, the touch can handle both CTIA and OMTP ... interesting..... and the iphone 5 audio probably also works with the MH1s. I'm aware of the mods and the adapter but I was trying to find out for a friend (in another country) who wouldn't be up to doing the mods. Think I'll just wait till he gets the MH1s, and he can get an adapter if they don't work :)post #2730 of 295312/2/13 at 12:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › FS: Woo Audio WA6 + Sophia + Tubes 1 second ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 13 seconds ago
- › [WTB] Sennheiser Momentum over-ear Black 29 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 34 seconds ago
- › FS: Digitech Professional Monitor Headphones (AKA Fischer FA-003,... 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 47 seconds ago
- › O2 amp imbalanced on my ODAC/O2 setup for IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude