Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation iem Page 1944!! Last post on 5/26/15 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones do you recommend until 80 usd Last post on 5/8/15 at 3:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 182
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, I just received my MH1 from Amazon UK. They sound just amazing for the price (Maybe better than my Bose intras... And better than my XBA1). Thanks a lot !
They are available here for £9.9 : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-BL-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385731214&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+MH1
But i'm living in France so i ordered them on Amazon.fr, they were priced at €15, but they are now priced €8.9 :
Edited by Etienne000 - 11/29/13 at 5:25am
If there's one thing I'm really impressed about the MH1: It's ability to scale with your equipment. The better the source file (flac), dap, and amp, the MH1 just performs worthy of your time and attention!
A friend who has an iphone 5 wants to get an MH1. I have the iphone 3GS but my MH1 does not work with it, and I also thought all (newer?) iphones were CTIA. Can someone please confirm/clarify: does the MH1 work with the iphone 5 or does it need an adapter?
Edited by ocdeep - 12/1/13 at 7:40pm
Last few notes on this topic: (1) CTIA plug is compatible to almost all typical 3.5mm TRS socket, meaning you should be able to use the headset as typical IEM on any mp3 player (i.e. iPod, Cowon, Sansa Clip, etc). OMTP plug on the other is not compatible to most 3.5mm TRS socket and only sound normal with the TRRS smart adapter mentioned before or when you pressed the call button on the remote. (2) Given Apple iDevice also use the CTIA standard, you can use the MH1C on any iDevices as well, but the volume control and smart button won’t work. Only the call button is functional. [UPDATE 30th Oct. 2012] I just got my Nano 7G and can confirm the mic won't work on it. Given I have tested the mic on my Nano 4G and it works, the current conclusion is - MH1 will likely work only on older iDevices but not the latest generation. Apple must have changed something along the way... [UPDATE again] As I was playing around all the different headset I have to figure out just which headset works with Nano 7G (and possibly iPhone 5) and which isn't, I stumble upon a solution to let MH1's mic and call button to work with Nano 7G and it is quite simple - it seems what Apple has done in the recent generation of iDevice is they have changed the resistance inside the remote that needs to trigger the mic and call button function, thus making some headset work while other won't. So how do we trigger the mic and call button function on MH1 (and likely on other headset that current don't work with the latest iDevice)? Easy, just press either Volume+ or Volume- button when you plug the headset in and release it when plugged in. The volume control still won't work, but it will give you the ability to answer call and play/pause music (single press), skip to next song (double press), back to previous song (triple press), voice over (long hold) and voice memo recording.
Many thanks ClieOS, for introducing me to these gems! In what you have written above, are you saying that the MH1's mic and call buttons can be made to work on the Nano 7G (and possibly iphone 5) or did you mean to say the MH1C's? I'm interested in knowing the extent of compatibility between the MH1 and the iphone 5.
Don't really know how you recable them, but its very neat.
Mind sharing your technique?
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasnt the one who recabled them. I paid someone to recable them for me. The DIY guy charged me 15 USD for the first pair and 25 USD for the second pair because it was a rush job.
My mh1 works with the audio of my ipod touch 5g ctia, but not the controls, however it doesn't work with my sansa players. Not sure if all new idevices are like that... You can make a very easy soldering change to fix the controls or buy a very cheap adapter... Just an fyi.z
Thanks for the info. Does the mic on the touch work too? If so, the touch can handle both CTIA and OMTP ... interesting..... and the iphone 5 audio probably also works with the MH1s. I'm aware of the mods and the adapter but I was trying to find out for a friend (in another country) who wouldn't be up to doing the mods. Think I'll just wait till he gets the MH1s, and he can get an adapter if they don't work :)
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 24 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 55 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 or Beyerdynamic dt880?($200ish open back decision) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2