Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 175

post #2611 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


To be clear, both links he gave are for the mh1 not the mh1c. The mh1c is ctia compatible. These are omtp. I know, because i got mine from global mobile seller and it is the omtp mh1.


Gah - good spot! I saw the MH1C on the end of the url and looked no further :o

post #2612 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


To be clear, both links he gave are for the mh1 not the mh1c. The mh1c is ctia compatible. These are omtp. I know, because i got mine from global mobile seller and it is the omtp mh1.


Gah - good spot! I saw the MH1C on the end of the url and looked no further :o

 

Ah yes.  I see that now.  They must have just used that as a keyword to get more people to find them.

post #2613 of 3250

Sorry if this has been asked before but 

 

A:

Is this one legit?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-MH1-WO-LiveSound-Headset/dp/B005GDVB6S/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1384738260&sr=1-1&keywords=Sony+MH1

While the white color looks gross tbh the super shipper saving is worth it and works perfectly with the AP History book I need to buy. 

 

B:

How durable are these? Those threads about exposed wires kinda scares me. 

 

C:

Will I experience the weird volume issues with a Galaxy S3?

 

 

D: This has nothing to do with IEMs and I'm sorry about this but i have a question about amazon. If I buy a super shipper saving item with an item without super shipper saving do I have to pay separate shipping for each or does the non-super shipper saving item qualify with the super shipper saving thing?


Edited by NotSoSerious - 11/17/13 at 5:46pm
post #2614 of 3250
Those are legit. I've bought two and know someone who bought one there also. They seem durable.
post #2615 of 3250
Does anyone know whether the galaxy s3 is CTIA or OHTM?
post #2616 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoSerious View Post

Does anyone know whether the galaxy s3 is CTIA or OHTM?

According to a comment here the s3 is ctia, and you need an adapter:
http://milkyzone.weebly.com/1/post/2012/11/-earphone-converter-adapter-convert-omtp-to-ctia-or-ctia-to-omtp-35mm-to-35mm.html
post #2617 of 3250

I just modified one of my mh1's to not require any adapter.  The controls won't work, but it will sound "correct" on any device.  I feel like crap, but I'm making a tutorial on my blog as soon as I can if anyone is interested.  It's very easy if you can solder.



Update:
Mmmm adapter-less fuze enjoyment.


Edited by luisdent - 11/18/13 at 8:18am
post #2618 of 3250

All righty then.  Here is a tutorial for anyone interesting in converting your MH1 or other omtp/ctia headset/earphone to be the opposite or simply fully audio compatible with any device.  I haven't proofread it, because I'm sick and lazy.  You have been warned. :-P

 

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html

post #2619 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

All righty then.  Here is a tutorial for anyone interesting in converting your MH1 or other omtp/ctia headset/earphone to be the opposite or simply fully audio compatible with any device.  I haven't proofread it, because I'm sick and lazy.  You have been warned. :-P

 

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html


Good work :etysmile:

 

Nice of Sony to make it easy too, connecting the two wires underneath would have been more of a challenge.

post #2620 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 

All righty then.  Here is a tutorial for anyone interesting in converting your MH1 or other omtp/ctia headset/earphone to be the opposite or simply fully audio compatible with any device.  I haven't proofread it, because I'm sick and lazy.  You have been warned. :-P

 

http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2013/11/converting-omtp-headphone-to-standard.html


Good work :etysmile:

 

Nice of Sony to make it easy too, connecting the two wires underneath would have been more of a challenge.

 

Yeah, I wanted to recable them, and may still do that.  However, this seemed a lot safer and easier, because I tested soldering some old ipod earphone cables and that was a royal pain...  It's like doing micro surgery on a dying patient.

post #2621 of 3250

I just zip tied my switch, takes a few seconds and doesn't protrude too much. I guess you could do a cleaner job with some kid of string or something but this is all I had.

 

These sound really good and even come with quite a lot of tips.

 

 

post #2622 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg123321 View Post

I just zip tied my switch, takes a few seconds and doesn't protrude too much. I guess you could do a cleaner job with some kid of string or something but this is all I had.

These sound really good and even come with quite a lot of tips.




Yeah. I wasn't too worried about mine. The tape may not look fabulous, but it is pretty low profile.
post #2623 of 3250
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg123321 View Post
 

I just zip tied my switch, takes a few seconds and doesn't protrude too much. I guess you could do a cleaner job with some kid of string or something but this is all I had.

 

These sound really good and even come with quite a lot of tips.

 

 

 
Cool idea! I'll do just that when my MH1 arrives, even though I bought an adapter too lol
post #2624 of 3250

I bought the $15 one as a backup, couldn't resist. Are you serious when you say the MH1 is different from the MH1C?

post #2625 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post
 

I bought the $15 one as a backup, couldn't resist. Are you serious when you say the MH1 is different from the MH1C?

 

Yes they're different sonically and mechanically. MH1C has a little more bass and a little less treble than the MH1. And the MH1 won't work with most newer phones or players like the Fuze or Clip, while the MH1C will work fine with these phones and players.    

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret