I recently got these and really love the SQ. Only issue I have is the horrendous cable. Is there another IEM with near identical SQ to these with a better cable?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
Related Head Gear
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 166
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2477 of 273210/8/13 at 12:40pm
How do the TDK IE800 compare with the MH1c?
I picked up the IE800 cheap and am in two minds to open or move them on. The MH1c I just can't keep in my ears.
Anything similar SQ wise in a form factor that doesn't stick out much, like the Senn CX200?post #2478 of 273210/8/13 at 3:49pmpost #2479 of 273210/9/13 at 1:57pmQuote:post #2480 of 273210/11/13 at 11:05pmpost #2481 of 273210/12/13 at 3:10am
Just get the regular MH1, commonly knows as MH1-BL, They are $15 from ebay and actually have a slightly more balanced sound than MH1C.post #2482 of 273210/12/13 at 3:54amQuote:
So they're actually more balanced than the MH1C but at the cost of worse filter?post #2483 of 273210/12/13 at 4:00amQuote:
I wouldn't say it is a worse filter, its just different, The MH1 filter has a bit less bass and a bit more treble than the MH1C filter, were only talking a slight difference, but enough to notice, over all the MH1 sounds slightly more balanced.post #2484 of 273210/12/13 at 4:25amQuote:
I've also read that there's a problem that you need to continuously press a button to play the music. Will this problem also occur when playing straight from galaxy S4?post #2485 of 273210/12/13 at 4:34amQuote:
oh, forgot about that, cant say i know if it will be a problem with the s4, but I think someone said they had the problem with an S2 or S3, so might be a problem.post #2486 of 273210/12/13 at 4:45ampost #2487 of 273210/12/13 at 5:21amQuote:
That's if you get the mh1 without an adapter. ClieOS already linked an adapter in the beginning of the thread http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods.php?id=1073 to make the mh1 work with the newer phones that use CTIA like S4.Mh1c is CTIA and won't need an adapter. The stock tips are fine though and despite the suction seal they create they are the best sounding with mh1/c, so while you can fit the shure tips on it, it won't sound its best with them.
Edited by kova4a - 10/12/13 at 5:22ampost #2488 of 273210/12/13 at 7:48ampost #2489 of 273210/12/13 at 8:35amQuote:
Yeah, you can try it yourself - it's reversible. It's easy to just put it back in place. You can use a pin or a needle and remove the filter, which has foam attached to it. The filters themselves are just there for moisture protection and the foam is actually the one that is acting as an acoustic damper.
As far as the sound - if you completely remove the filter with the foam the sound loses a lot of the warmth, the bass loses its impact and the treble becomes way too grainy and metallic. What I did to my mh1c was to cut about half of the foam off and put the filters with the remaining foam attached to them back in the nozzles. I did like it a bit better with the treble slightly more pronounced and a bit less bass. On another note, the mh1 I got the other day definitely has less bass than my mh1c. It also doesn't have the driver flex my mh1c exhibits in the left earpiece.
Edited by kova4a - 10/12/13 at 8:43ampost #2490 of 273210/16/13 at 11:12pm
Just got this and it's very good, honestly, i was expecting less bass, i think is has even more than my portapro's. The highs are crisp but it's not harsh and sibilant, amazing! They seem quite balanced through the mids and highs, only the bass is overwhelming, especially sub-bass, but the extension is quite good.
Edited by rhiga - 10/16/13 at 11:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › hd 800 vs lcd 2 vs value 3 minutes ago
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 8 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 8 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 11 minutes ago
- › Why not beats by Dre? 12 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi