I recently got these and really love the SQ. Only issue I have is the horrendous cable. Is there another IEM with near identical SQ to these with a better cable?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 166
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How do the TDK IE800 compare with the MH1c?
I picked up the IE800 cheap and am in two minds to open or move them on. The MH1c I just can't keep in my ears.
Anything similar SQ wise in a form factor that doesn't stick out much, like the Senn CX200?
Just get the regular MH1, commonly knows as MH1-BL, They are $15 from ebay and actually have a slightly more balanced sound than MH1C.
So they're actually more balanced than the MH1C but at the cost of worse filter?
I wouldn't say it is a worse filter, its just different, The MH1 filter has a bit less bass and a bit more treble than the MH1C filter, were only talking a slight difference, but enough to notice, over all the MH1 sounds slightly more balanced.
I've also read that there's a problem that you need to continuously press a button to play the music. Will this problem also occur when playing straight from galaxy S4?
oh, forgot about that, cant say i know if it will be a problem with the s4, but I think someone said they had the problem with an S2 or S3, so might be a problem.
That's if you get the mh1 without an adapter. ClieOS already linked an adapter in the beginning of the thread http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods.php?id=1073 to make the mh1 work with the newer phones that use CTIA like S4.Mh1c is CTIA and won't need an adapter. The stock tips are fine though and despite the suction seal they create they are the best sounding with mh1/c, so while you can fit the shure tips on it, it won't sound its best with them.
Edited by kova4a - 10/12/13 at 5:22am
I'm thinking about taking the filters out of the MH1c. I don't really produce ear wax, so I don't need them.
Has anyone else done it? Any idea what it will do to the sound?
Yeah, you can try it yourself - it's reversible. It's easy to just put it back in place. You can use a pin or a needle and remove the filter, which has foam attached to it. The filters themselves are just there for moisture protection and the foam is actually the one that is acting as an acoustic damper.
As far as the sound - if you completely remove the filter with the foam the sound loses a lot of the warmth, the bass loses its impact and the treble becomes way too grainy and metallic. What I did to my mh1c was to cut about half of the foam off and put the filters with the remaining foam attached to them back in the nozzles. I did like it a bit better with the treble slightly more pronounced and a bit less bass. On another note, the mh1 I got the other day definitely has less bass than my mh1c. It also doesn't have the driver flex my mh1c exhibits in the left earpiece.
Edited by kova4a - 10/12/13 at 8:43am
Just got this and it's very good, honestly, i was expecting less bass, i think is has even more than my portapro's. The highs are crisp but it's not harsh and sibilant, amazing! They seem quite balanced through the mids and highs, only the bass is overwhelming, especially sub-bass, but the extension is quite good.
Edited by rhiga - 10/16/13 at 11:19pm
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › (Community Outreach) Got scammed, Advice? 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)