I recently got these and really love the SQ. Only issue I have is the horrendous cable. Is there another IEM with near identical SQ to these with a better cable?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. Last post on Today at 4:45 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones do you recommend until 80 usd Last post on 5/8/15 at 3:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 166
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How do the TDK IE800 compare with the MH1c?
I picked up the IE800 cheap and am in two minds to open or move them on. The MH1c I just can't keep in my ears.
Anything similar SQ wise in a form factor that doesn't stick out much, like the Senn CX200?
Just get the regular MH1, commonly knows as MH1-BL, They are $15 from ebay and actually have a slightly more balanced sound than MH1C.
So they're actually more balanced than the MH1C but at the cost of worse filter?
I wouldn't say it is a worse filter, its just different, The MH1 filter has a bit less bass and a bit more treble than the MH1C filter, were only talking a slight difference, but enough to notice, over all the MH1 sounds slightly more balanced.
I've also read that there's a problem that you need to continuously press a button to play the music. Will this problem also occur when playing straight from galaxy S4?
oh, forgot about that, cant say i know if it will be a problem with the s4, but I think someone said they had the problem with an S2 or S3, so might be a problem.
That's if you get the mh1 without an adapter. ClieOS already linked an adapter in the beginning of the thread http://www.lunashops.co.uk/goods.php?id=1073 to make the mh1 work with the newer phones that use CTIA like S4.Mh1c is CTIA and won't need an adapter. The stock tips are fine though and despite the suction seal they create they are the best sounding with mh1/c, so while you can fit the shure tips on it, it won't sound its best with them.
Edited by kova4a - 10/12/13 at 5:22am
I'm thinking about taking the filters out of the MH1c. I don't really produce ear wax, so I don't need them.
Has anyone else done it? Any idea what it will do to the sound?
Yeah, you can try it yourself - it's reversible. It's easy to just put it back in place. You can use a pin or a needle and remove the filter, which has foam attached to it. The filters themselves are just there for moisture protection and the foam is actually the one that is acting as an acoustic damper.
As far as the sound - if you completely remove the filter with the foam the sound loses a lot of the warmth, the bass loses its impact and the treble becomes way too grainy and metallic. What I did to my mh1c was to cut about half of the foam off and put the filters with the remaining foam attached to them back in the nozzles. I did like it a bit better with the treble slightly more pronounced and a bit less bass. On another note, the mh1 I got the other day definitely has less bass than my mh1c. It also doesn't have the driver flex my mh1c exhibits in the left earpiece.
Edited by kova4a - 10/12/13 at 8:43am
Just got this and it's very good, honestly, i was expecting less bass, i think is has even more than my portapro's. The highs are crisp but it's not harsh and sibilant, amazing! They seem quite balanced through the mids and highs, only the bass is overwhelming, especially sub-bass, but the extension is quite good.
Edited by rhiga - 10/16/13 at 11:19pm
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG M220 semi-open studio headphones 55 seconds ago
- › BEYERDYNAMIC T1 AUDIOPHILE STEREO HEADPHONE "LIKE NEW" - FREE... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Protection circuit in Lithium-ion battery? 7 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 8 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2