There's a difference between sound quality and signature. I personally think the MH1s sound boring as hell compared to just about all the other headphones in my possession.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page 1931!! Last post on Yesterday at 1:41 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 1:48 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
This review is a summary section of In-Depth Review I posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765004/audio-technica-ath-r70x-in-depth-review-impressions Please visit the link above for more...
Topping NX1 Australian Tour - DJScopeFirstly I'd like to thank @DMax99 for sending this awesome little portable headphone amplifier on a tour of Australia, and @H20Fidelity for helping out organise...
Specification Price: £385 Medical grade Silicone Full shell (can request different) Dual driver balanced armature 1.4m non removable cable. Kevlar reinforced clear cable. Ear impressions and...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep agreed. Timbre is way off on the 3580's, no amount of EQ can sort that out. They are amazingly comfy though.
Put it this way, I recently got X10i and FXT90 and prefer the MH1C.
One of the nice things about the MH1C is the gel tips - they're really comfortable and a good fit for my ears. I prefer using the MH1C tips to the more expensive Sony hybrids and currently using them with the Philips Fidelio S2. A shame there's no way to separately purchase the gel tips.
I have posted somewhere in this thread but again, I am not sure what is that great about these. Yes they sound better than what you would expect for the price but lets not get carried away. I was really disappointed and I may as well throw in the bin but still shoved in my box.
Was able to recable my MH1Cs using the cable from my old Monoprice 8323s. Still need to find some better cable, but for now this will have to do. I had previously made a custom silicon tip which greatly improves the seal. Was able to use the mold to create a tip for these. Now this fixed the two main issues I had, the lousy cable and improved the seal. Anyone know of any good flexible cables? Don't want to go the way of the normal silver wires which I find to be too stiff. I still want to make these portable.
out of the in ears i own, these have the best bass response, and i truly like them a lot
i don't own many expensive iems but i have the monster miles davis, shure se215, at ckm50 and the famous philips she3580.
I looked at using my MP8320 cable since my cat bit the nozzle off one of them but it's just as annoying. I'm different from most of the people on here though, I like the J cable when out and about plus I want to keep the remote and controls so need to use individual wire really.
is this for real? how could they make such terrible cable?!?
i can't use the earphones! i never would have guessed a cable could
be so awful... it is pulling the phones out of my ears no matter what i do...
^ Welcome to the club!!!
The Y split mod that people have posted works wonders, but yeah that stupid fat mic is annoying as hell.
I almost put my MH1Cs in the classifieds. However, I found that placing the clip on top of my shirt collar about half way between my left ear and the center of my neck made them tolerable for fitment. I really love how they sound. But, I agree, the cable is a disaster. On the plus side, maybe it will hold up well and last for years (only time will tell).
My main "on the go" IEM right now is the V-Moda Bass Freq Metal. Like their sound almost as much of the Sony's. Picked them up on clearance at Radio Shack for $10. They stay in my ears better than any IEM I have ever owned.
I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and would like to buy Sony MH1 earphones, but I'm not sure whether I need the MH1 or MH1C. Anyone have any idea?
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ASG 2.5 Black used for two days - unused eartips + all... 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Fidue A83 or DUNU DN-2000 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by originalsnuffy
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by matinsoroudi
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Mellowship
- › Bauhn Noise Canceling Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2