There's a difference between sound quality and signature. I personally think the MH1s sound boring as hell compared to just about all the other headphones in my possession.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep agreed. Timbre is way off on the 3580's, no amount of EQ can sort that out. They are amazingly comfy though.
Put it this way, I recently got X10i and FXT90 and prefer the MH1C.
One of the nice things about the MH1C is the gel tips - they're really comfortable and a good fit for my ears. I prefer using the MH1C tips to the more expensive Sony hybrids and currently using them with the Philips Fidelio S2. A shame there's no way to separately purchase the gel tips.
I have posted somewhere in this thread but again, I am not sure what is that great about these. Yes they sound better than what you would expect for the price but lets not get carried away. I was really disappointed and I may as well throw in the bin but still shoved in my box.
Was able to recable my MH1Cs using the cable from my old Monoprice 8323s. Still need to find some better cable, but for now this will have to do. I had previously made a custom silicon tip which greatly improves the seal. Was able to use the mold to create a tip for these. Now this fixed the two main issues I had, the lousy cable and improved the seal. Anyone know of any good flexible cables? Don't want to go the way of the normal silver wires which I find to be too stiff. I still want to make these portable.
out of the in ears i own, these have the best bass response, and i truly like them a lot
i don't own many expensive iems but i have the monster miles davis, shure se215, at ckm50 and the famous philips she3580.
I looked at using my MP8320 cable since my cat bit the nozzle off one of them but it's just as annoying. I'm different from most of the people on here though, I like the J cable when out and about plus I want to keep the remote and controls so need to use individual wire really.
is this for real? how could they make such terrible cable?!?
i can't use the earphones! i never would have guessed a cable could
be so awful... it is pulling the phones out of my ears no matter what i do...
^ Welcome to the club!!!
The Y split mod that people have posted works wonders, but yeah that stupid fat mic is annoying as hell.
I almost put my MH1Cs in the classifieds. However, I found that placing the clip on top of my shirt collar about half way between my left ear and the center of my neck made them tolerable for fitment. I really love how they sound. But, I agree, the cable is a disaster. On the plus side, maybe it will hold up well and last for years (only time will tell).
My main "on the go" IEM right now is the V-Moda Bass Freq Metal. Like their sound almost as much of the Sony's. Picked them up on clearance at Radio Shack for $10. They stay in my ears better than any IEM I have ever owned.
I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and would like to buy Sony MH1 earphones, but I'm not sure whether I need the MH1 or MH1C. Anyone have any idea?
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 30 seconds ago
- › Best over/on/in-ear under 100$? 2 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 6 minutes ago
- › GREEN Head-Fiyin'... how green can you go? 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)