There's a difference between sound quality and signature. I personally think the MH1s sound boring as hell compared to just about all the other headphones in my possession.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems by Ericp10 Page 1817!! Last post on Today at 4:48 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTS/WTT Sony NWZ-A17 and Ipod Touch 64GB Last post on 2/10/15 at 11:15am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep agreed. Timbre is way off on the 3580's, no amount of EQ can sort that out. They are amazingly comfy though.
Put it this way, I recently got X10i and FXT90 and prefer the MH1C.
One of the nice things about the MH1C is the gel tips - they're really comfortable and a good fit for my ears. I prefer using the MH1C tips to the more expensive Sony hybrids and currently using them with the Philips Fidelio S2. A shame there's no way to separately purchase the gel tips.
I have posted somewhere in this thread but again, I am not sure what is that great about these. Yes they sound better than what you would expect for the price but lets not get carried away. I was really disappointed and I may as well throw in the bin but still shoved in my box.
Was able to recable my MH1Cs using the cable from my old Monoprice 8323s. Still need to find some better cable, but for now this will have to do. I had previously made a custom silicon tip which greatly improves the seal. Was able to use the mold to create a tip for these. Now this fixed the two main issues I had, the lousy cable and improved the seal. Anyone know of any good flexible cables? Don't want to go the way of the normal silver wires which I find to be too stiff. I still want to make these portable.
out of the in ears i own, these have the best bass response, and i truly like them a lot
i don't own many expensive iems but i have the monster miles davis, shure se215, at ckm50 and the famous philips she3580.
I looked at using my MP8320 cable since my cat bit the nozzle off one of them but it's just as annoying. I'm different from most of the people on here though, I like the J cable when out and about plus I want to keep the remote and controls so need to use individual wire really.
is this for real? how could they make such terrible cable?!?
i can't use the earphones! i never would have guessed a cable could
be so awful... it is pulling the phones out of my ears no matter what i do...
^ Welcome to the club!!!
The Y split mod that people have posted works wonders, but yeah that stupid fat mic is annoying as hell.
I almost put my MH1Cs in the classifieds. However, I found that placing the clip on top of my shirt collar about half way between my left ear and the center of my neck made them tolerable for fitment. I really love how they sound. But, I agree, the cable is a disaster. On the plus side, maybe it will hold up well and last for years (only time will tell).
My main "on the go" IEM right now is the V-Moda Bass Freq Metal. Like their sound almost as much of the Sony's. Picked them up on clearance at Radio Shack for $10. They stay in my ears better than any IEM I have ever owned.
I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and would like to buy Sony MH1 earphones, but I'm not sure whether I need the MH1 or MH1C. Anyone have any idea?
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Update On Current Status 3 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › South Florida meet? 11 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 11 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3