There's a difference between sound quality and signature. I personally think the MH1s sound boring as hell compared to just about all the other headphones in my possession.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yep agreed. Timbre is way off on the 3580's, no amount of EQ can sort that out. They are amazingly comfy though.
Put it this way, I recently got X10i and FXT90 and prefer the MH1C.
One of the nice things about the MH1C is the gel tips - they're really comfortable and a good fit for my ears. I prefer using the MH1C tips to the more expensive Sony hybrids and currently using them with the Philips Fidelio S2. A shame there's no way to separately purchase the gel tips.
I have posted somewhere in this thread but again, I am not sure what is that great about these. Yes they sound better than what you would expect for the price but lets not get carried away. I was really disappointed and I may as well throw in the bin but still shoved in my box.
Was able to recable my MH1Cs using the cable from my old Monoprice 8323s. Still need to find some better cable, but for now this will have to do. I had previously made a custom silicon tip which greatly improves the seal. Was able to use the mold to create a tip for these. Now this fixed the two main issues I had, the lousy cable and improved the seal. Anyone know of any good flexible cables? Don't want to go the way of the normal silver wires which I find to be too stiff. I still want to make these portable.
out of the in ears i own, these have the best bass response, and i truly like them a lot
i don't own many expensive iems but i have the monster miles davis, shure se215, at ckm50 and the famous philips she3580.
I looked at using my MP8320 cable since my cat bit the nozzle off one of them but it's just as annoying. I'm different from most of the people on here though, I like the J cable when out and about plus I want to keep the remote and controls so need to use individual wire really.
is this for real? how could they make such terrible cable?!?
i can't use the earphones! i never would have guessed a cable could
be so awful... it is pulling the phones out of my ears no matter what i do...
^ Welcome to the club!!!
The Y split mod that people have posted works wonders, but yeah that stupid fat mic is annoying as hell.
I almost put my MH1Cs in the classifieds. However, I found that placing the clip on top of my shirt collar about half way between my left ear and the center of my neck made them tolerable for fitment. I really love how they sound. But, I agree, the cable is a disaster. On the plus side, maybe it will hold up well and last for years (only time will tell).
My main "on the go" IEM right now is the V-Moda Bass Freq Metal. Like their sound almost as much of the Sony's. Picked them up on clearance at Radio Shack for $10. They stay in my ears better than any IEM I have ever owned.
I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and would like to buy Sony MH1 earphones, but I'm not sure whether I need the MH1 or MH1C. Anyone have any idea?
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 48 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 50 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Noontec Zoro HD review 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)