There's a difference between sound quality and signature. I personally think the MH1s sound boring as hell compared to just about all the other headphones in my possession.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Related Head Gear
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
a-JAYS Five Quick Review Thanks to JAYS for the sample. Full review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/695893/jays-a-jays-five-review Brief: JAYS notice that there are phones not made by...
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2432 of 28179/1/13 at 1:25amQuote:
Yep agreed. Timbre is way off on the 3580's, no amount of EQ can sort that out. They are amazingly comfy though.
Put it this way, I recently got X10i and FXT90 and prefer the MH1C.post #2433 of 28179/1/13 at 8:25pmQuote:
One of the nice things about the MH1C is the gel tips - they're really comfortable and a good fit for my ears. I prefer using the MH1C tips to the more expensive Sony hybrids and currently using them with the Philips Fidelio S2. A shame there's no way to separately purchase the gel tips.
Stevepost #2434 of 28179/2/13 at 8:58ampost #2435 of 28179/2/13 at 12:06pm
I have posted somewhere in this thread but again, I am not sure what is that great about these. Yes they sound better than what you would expect for the price but lets not get carried away. I was really disappointed and I may as well throw in the bin but still shoved in my box.post #2436 of 28179/2/13 at 6:03pm
Was able to recable my MH1Cs using the cable from my old Monoprice 8323s. Still need to find some better cable, but for now this will have to do. I had previously made a custom silicon tip which greatly improves the seal. Was able to use the mold to create a tip for these. Now this fixed the two main issues I had, the lousy cable and improved the seal. Anyone know of any good flexible cables? Don't want to go the way of the normal silver wires which I find to be too stiff. I still want to make these portable.post #2437 of 28179/2/13 at 8:07pm
out of the in ears i own, these have the best bass response, and i truly like them a lot
i don't own many expensive iems but i have the monster miles davis, shure se215, at ckm50 and the famous philips she3580.post #2438 of 28179/3/13 at 8:47ampost #2439 of 28179/4/13 at 8:28amNice job wjp007!
I looked at using my MP8320 cable since my cat bit the nozzle off one of them but it's just as annoying. I'm different from most of the people on here though, I like the J cable when out and about plus I want to keep the remote and controls so need to use individual wire really.post #2440 of 28179/9/13 at 12:06am
is this for real? how could they make such terrible cable?!?
i can't use the earphones! i never would have guessed a cable could
be so awful... it is pulling the phones out of my ears no matter what i do...post #2441 of 28179/9/13 at 12:30amQuote:
^ Welcome to the club!!!
The Y split mod that people have posted works wonders, but yeah that stupid fat mic is annoying as hell.post #2442 of 28179/9/13 at 4:49amQuote:
I almost put my MH1Cs in the classifieds. However, I found that placing the clip on top of my shirt collar about half way between my left ear and the center of my neck made them tolerable for fitment. I really love how they sound. But, I agree, the cable is a disaster. On the plus side, maybe it will hold up well and last for years (only time will tell).
My main "on the go" IEM right now is the V-Moda Bass Freq Metal. Like their sound almost as much of the Sony's. Picked them up on clearance at Radio Shack for $10. They stay in my ears better than any IEM I have ever owned.post #2443 of 28179/10/13 at 1:27pm
I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and would like to buy Sony MH1 earphones, but I'm not sure whether I need the MH1 or MH1C. Anyone have any idea?
Thankspost #2444 of 28179/10/13 at 1:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 Titan Digital Media Player 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 3 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing between Denon d2000 and Mad Dogs. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe