Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 147

post #2191 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

They are pretty much same sounding. The different in sound for old and new MH1(including MH1C) is a result of different filter material, and has nothing to do with whether it is a MH1 or MH1C - and the only way to know what kind if filter is used is to buy a pair and look at the filter yourself. However, as far as I know, the difference between the different filter is not that big.

 

It is either a Sony Ericsson green logo for MH1, or an engraved 'SONY' marking for MH1C. Which is it?

 

Anyway, as I have said before. iPhone use a tiny chip in the remote to detect whether it is a made-fo-iPhone headset or not. MH1 (or MH1C) doesn't have that chip inside so it doesn't detect automatically. You can try to press (hold down) the center button on the remote when plugging the headset it and see if it will detect it or not. Even if it detect the remote, only the mic and center button will work, volume buttons won't (again, it is because of the chip iPhone required).

 

Err, not true at all.

Oh? did i get that wrong? my bad

post #2192 of 3250

Quick update on my bulk packaged mh1bl.  

 

Amazon came to the rescue and refunded my entire order including shipping and they will take over dealing with the crap seller.

 

I also get to keep the MH1bl's.  

 

Now everything is squared away.

post #2193 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

To add to this, on Amazon, the retail package is here, so - as much as that I understand that getting the bulk package may appear to suck, at a quarter of the price, even paying £10 for the Fiio LU1 or equivalent adapter, you're still at half the price - and, the tips, yes - you lose those (in one of my bulk package bags, I had mismatched tips in the little white baggy!!) - however, on the most part, as these have 'standard' sized ports, you will probably have more tips that fit than you can shake a stick at...

 

Not right, judging by the frustration of the poster above, however - for the bargain basement price of the bulk package (especially if you opt for the newer version that doesn't need the adapter), I still think it is worth a punt... 

 

yeah but this was from amazon usa, not on amazon uk.  

 

yeah its a bargain and a great bang for your buck iem.... but having to pay 30 usd for the older version, 5 for the adapter, when one could get the updated version for 25 shipped.... it kind of loses its luster.

 

i figured being the older version that not many phones support... they were getting rid of stock of the retail version.  I really didnt see them selling the bulk version of the older model for essentially the same price as the new one but thats what I get for assuming.  I really wanted the tips though back the mh1 tips have a LONG nozzel piece...longer than most iem tips ive seen.  As i would only need the small ones...i could have given the other sizes to other mh1 owners who got the bulk package.

post #2194 of 3250
post #2195 of 3250

Both are same. Which ever costs less, go for it. Though I prefer buying MH1C rather than MH1 as it is compatible to almost all latest phones out there

post #2196 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme987 View Post

Both are same. Which ever costs less, go for it. Though I prefer buying MH1C rather than MH1 as it is compatible to almost all latest phones out there


Where can I find the MH1C for the same price?

post #2197 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

 

i want the retail package... thats why i went with them...i can get the updated version that doesnt need the adapter for the same price.

 

I don't need to read the thread... the thread has nothing to do with what happened.  

 

i dont care if you say they dont.  you know 100% guaranteed that there is hasnt been a fake sony mh1 that has ever been sold?  huh?  didn't think so.  These aren't MH1C's...they are MH1BL... the older sony ericsson.  Did you even read my post?

 

the retail package has more tips....its has accessories.  also, i had to buy a separate adapter... wth would i want to pay for an extra adapter?  seriously?  can't comprehend that?  

 

so lets say you bought a ps3.... brand new in retail package... they send you one in a plastic bag, not all accessories are in it...and since there are no fake ps3's....you'd be okay with it?  you're probably gonna throw the box away anyways right?  

 

i swear people these days... i dont care if they are real and not fakes...i didn't get what i paid for.  maybe you're fine with being lied to and given a product that wasn't was agreed upon...im not.  so go run along little boy

 

Lol D.Lazaro are you from India, obviously English is not your first language. Some of your sentences are hard to read and dont make much sense. Ok I will try and decipher some of your rambling's and answer some of your questions. No one on this thread has ever reported having brought a fake mh1bl or mh1c, so its pretty safe you will get a genuine pair even in bulk packaging. All the pairs of sony mh1 and mh1c I have brought have all come with 8 pairs of ear tips in total, YES 8 (2 on the headphone and 6 in a little bag with a shirt clip). Maybe if you read the thread you would have known the retail version DOESNT have more tips than the BULK VERSION and you get the shirt clip aswell. Seriously people these days cant just spend 5 minutes to READ.

post #2198 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

 

Lol D.Lazaro are you from India, obviously English is not your first language. Some of your sentences are hard to read and dont make much sense. Ok I will try and decipher some of your rambling's and answer some of your questions. No one on this thread has ever reported having brought a fake mh1bl or mh1c, so its pretty safe you will get a genuine pair even in bulk packaging. All the pairs of sony mh1 and mh1c I have brought have all come with 8 pairs of ear tips in total, YES 8 (2 on the headphone and 6 in a little bag with a shirt clip). Maybe if you read the thread you would have known the retail version DOESNT have more tips than the BULK VERSION and you get the shirt clip aswell. Seriously people these days cant just spend 5 minutes to READ.

 

Is a Korean really asking a guy if he is indian because of his grammar?  That's a first on me.  

 

Just so you know, I'm not indian, but I do speak well enough to get into medical school.  

 

So, out of the thousands and thousands that have been sold there hasn't been a fake one?  How big of a sample size do you think Head-fi members represent?  Pretty damn small if you don't know about statistics (which I'm sure you don't as math isn't your strong suit). So no it's not pretty safe.

 

Apparently math isn't your strong suit.  8 pairs?  6 pairs in a bag and 2 pairs on the headphone?  How does 1 headphone have 2 pairs on them?  

hahahahahahahahaha  

 

Wow; an asian correcting people in grammar but bad at math (I'm asian so I can say that)

 

BTW Mr. grammar it's "bought" and not "brought".  Or is that your korean accent coming through?

 

Mine didn't come with 8 pairs but only 2.  One pair on the iems and 1 pair in a bag with a clip.  So yes, for me as I got the "bulk version" it didn't come with as many tips.So not all versions are the same.  

 

There are over 2000 posts; who can read all that in 5 minutes?  That is mighty impressive if you can.

post #2199 of 3250

Lol you got some issues ;)

post #2200 of 3250
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

 

So, out of the thousands and thousands that have been sold there hasn't been a fake one?  How big of a sample size do you think Head-fi members represent?  Pretty damn small if you don't know about statistics (which I'm sure you don't as math isn't your strong suit). So no it's not pretty safe.

 

 

Not to get into the India vs. Korea (or whatever country or language that is, which btw is not relevant to the discussion) fight - but there isn't any fake MH1 or MH1C there is known to Sony (yes, confirmed by Sony's stuff) because (1) the way MH1 is made does cost more than what it is selling for (so fake will have to be sold at a higher price than the real deal, therefore invalidates the idea of 'cheap' copy), and of course (2) Sony's decision to dump all their MH1 / MH1C stock into the market when Sony Ericssion is merged into Sony Mobile, effectively overflowing the whole market with real MH1 / MH1C and so supply > demand.

post #2201 of 3250
just put him on your block list and ignore him. he's the same idiot that called a guy fat and got pissy when they retaliated and called him a dog eater. pulled the racist card playing the victim like he didn't start anything, a real disservice to the community.
post #2202 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

Not to get into the India vs. Korea (or whatever country or language that is, which btw is not relevant to the discussion) fight - but there isn't any fake MH1 or MH1C there is known to Sony (yes, confirmed by Sony's stuff) because (1) the way MH1 is made does cost more than what it is selling for (so fake will have to be sold at a higher price than the real deal, therefore invalidates the idea of 'cheap' copy), and of course (2) Sony's decision to dump all their MH1 / MH1C stock into the market when Sony Ericssion is merged into Sony Mobile, effectively overflowing the whole market with real MH1 / MH1C and so supply > demand.

 

ClieOS, I respect your advice on iems and I am truly grateful for the reviews your provide.  But that argument doesn't make a lot of sense.  Fakes/generics/rips offs are of lesser quality, ie not made the same way as the original.  I don't know of any generic or fake item that is made the same way as the original; hence, why they are generics/fakes,  So that idea is not invalid.

 

While Sony dumping all their oem equipment is probably true; that could also mean they could care less if there is fakes.  Sony isn't selling them in retail packaging well enough to NOT dump their oem stock.  Why would they keep track of an item they are dumping off to 3rd party sellers?  What some staff member says has no bearing of what might/could be happening with fakes or generics.  Just because some staff member makes a statement it does not automatically make it true.  There could be fakes or there could be none at all; none of us definitively knows for sure.  

 

Sony didn't merge with Ericsson; they bought out Ericsson.  Why its just "sony" and not "sony ericsson" anymore.  So they should only dump "sony ericsson" versions (the older version with the sony ericsson logo).  The new version only says "sony" which was made AFTER Sony bought out Ericsson.  

 

That being said, hopefully this conversation will end here.  I bought these before; Sony only updated version via bulk packaging on ebay from some seller in China or HK.  They sounded like complete crap.  Thought either these are defective or complete fakes.  Hence, why I bought the "retail package" version on amazon, but we all know how that ended up.  Hopefully the ones I just got are the real deal.  

post #2203 of 3250
Thread Starter 

Actually it is an insider information straight from Sony - the way that housing of MH1 has to be manufactured is a very costly process. Sony is able to do it because they have massive manufacturing plant and can manufactured in very large quantity, thus resulting in relatively cheap part. The same housing (or even something that look somewhat like a MH1 housing), when manufactured by a third party (*cloner) will result in a much higher price tag. Why so? It is deliberately done so by Sony Mobile to deter copier. The original retail price tag of MH1 is about $80~$90, bulk price is around $25~$35. A fake copy will cost roughly the same as bulk package to make just a very slim profit - while if you look at something like EX700, priced over $300 at launch and a fake one can be sold at $100~$200 and only take around the same manufacturing cost of a fake MH1 (so we are talking about 5X to 10X the profit, if not more). If you are a cloner, you will be smart enough to know that there isn't enough meat left on the bone to clone MH1. Your better option is to clone EX700, or XBA-4, or any of the higher end models since that is where the money at. No one will risk jail time just be make enough for scrap.

 

Anyway, Sony is a big company. The Sony we are talking here is the Sony Mobile, which is a different department from the regular Sony Japan that makes most of Sony headphone. Despite your belief, Sony Mobile does care about fake and about MH1's performance. That's why their engineer is participating in the MH1 discussion here at Head-fi while you don't see a Sony Japan engineer doing the same thing here. Unlike Sony Japan, Sony Mobile only makes a handful of headset every year ( like 2~5 models) so they can keep track of the market much easier than Sony Japan. But sometime marketing decision is from higher power and there is nothing the engineer can do about it except to keep an eye out. That basically sum up why the bulk package is dumped in the first place.

 

Also, Sony Ericsson was basically run by the same group of people that run Sony Mobile before/after the 'buy out'. Nothing is really changed after the buy out but the name, well, except which HQ to call. I will like to tell you the detail of the whole mess but I have agreed not to reveal them. I can however tell you right now that I have had the Sony logo MH1 even before Sony completely bought the share off Ericsson. Things are not always as simple as they seem.

 

I think at least we can agree that Sony has nothing to do with whether you receive the right packaging or not. Of course no one can guarantee there is not single fake MH1 in this world, but at least for those who has paying attention, none has been spotted so far. I don't think you can ask for more than that on any headphone in a market full of fake.


Edited by ClieOS - 4/23/13 at 10:10pm
post #2204 of 3250

Can anybody confirm that buying from the below is fine and that these are actually going to be the MH1C instead of the older version:

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Headset-MH-1C-SmartKey-Control/dp/B008BRAQJO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366790322&sr=8-2&keywords=mh1c

 

Or if there is any better place to buy these from in the UK?

post #2205 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozurr View Post

Can anybody confirm that buying from the below is fine and that these are actually going to be the MH1C instead of the older version:

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Headset-MH-1C-SmartKey-Control/dp/B008BRAQJO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366790322&sr=8-2&keywords=mh1c

 

Or if there is any better place to buy these from in the UK?


well it says MH1C!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret