Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 146

post #2176 of 3067

@ Steve, the design isnt really that bad. It just doesn't suit you. I like the J-shaped cable much better than the normal Y cable ..Its the fit that matters, I got a good tight seal and I use MH1C for running and it never even moves a bit. Also, using the shirt clip will help. I didnt experience this much of isolation with great comfort in any of my IEM's.
 

post #2177 of 3067

if anyone bought the older sony ericsson version on amazon from the seller italkonine-usa (they're based in the UK even though their name implies USA).  even though it says retail package and shows the retail package in the pictures.

 

they send you a bulk package item!  i went with them because i wanted to make sure mine weren't fake or generics.  even though i'd have to spring for a omtp to ctia adapter and have the older version.  So im stuck with the older version, bulk package that might be fake, and have to use an adapter

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MH1BL-LiveSound-Headset-Smartphones/dp/B006SOKXTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1366668222&sr=1-1&keywords=mh1

 

 

 

emailed and called amazon, put up a picture showing bulk packaging and rated them 1 star.  and i have a feeling they are going to try to get me to send it back to them out of my pocket....back to the UK.

post #2178 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

if anyone bought the older sony ericsson version on amazon from the seller italkonine-usa (they're based in the UK even though their name implies USA).  even though it says retail package and shows the retail package in the pictures.

 

they send you a bulk package item!  i went with them because i wanted to make sure mine weren't fake or generics.  even though i'd have to spring for a omtp to ctia adapter and have the older version.  So im stuck with the older version, bulk package that might be fake, and have to use an adapter

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MH1BL-LiveSound-Headset-Smartphones/dp/B006SOKXTU/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1366668222&sr=1-1&keywords=mh1

 

 

 

emailed and called amazon, put up a picture showing bulk packaging and rated them 1 star.  and i have a feeling they are going to try to get me to send it back to them out of my pocket....back to the UK.

 

Did you even read the thread? THEY DONT MAKE FAKE SONY MH1C'S! Who wants a fancy retail box thats going in the bin anyway.

post #2179 of 3067
don't mind him, he's just being a jerk. but he is right that there is no confirmed fakes. there is a version that comes in retail packaging but the msrp for those are north of 80.

for what it's worth, mine is legit and came in bulk packaging with clip and 4 tip sizes
Edited by MrEleventy - 4/22/13 at 5:22pm
post #2180 of 3067
...
Edited by Selenium - 4/22/13 at 5:29pm
post #2181 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

 

Did you even read the thread? THEY DONT MAKE FAKE SONY MH1C'S! Who wants a fancy retail box thats going in the bin anyway.

 

i want the retail package... thats why i went with them...i can get the updated version that doesnt need the adapter for the same price.

 

I don't need to read the thread... the thread has nothing to do with what happened.  

 

i dont care if you say they dont.  you know 100% guaranteed that there is hasnt been a fake sony mh1 that has ever been sold?  huh?  didn't think so.  These aren't MH1C's...they are MH1BL... the older sony ericsson.  Did you even read my post?

 

the retail package has more tips....its has accessories.  also, i had to buy a separate adapter... wth would i want to pay for an extra adapter?  seriously?  can't comprehend that?  

 

so lets say you bought a ps3.... brand new in retail package... they send you one in a plastic bag, not all accessories are in it...and since there are no fake ps3's....you'd be okay with it?  you're probably gonna throw the box away anyways right?  

 

i swear people these days... i dont care if they are real and not fakes...i didn't get what i paid for.  maybe you're fine with being lied to and given a product that wasn't was agreed upon...im not.  so go run along little boy


Edited by TekeRugburn - 4/22/13 at 7:06pm
post #2182 of 3067
Thread Starter 

I don't think the retail package has more accessories - but if it is stated as retail package then you should get the retail package, or else it is false advertisement regardless of the IEM's genuineness

post #2183 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme987 View Post

@ Steve, the design isnt really that bad. It just doesn't suit you. I like the J-shaped cable much better than the normal Y cable ..Its the fit that matters, I got a good tight seal and I use MH1C for running and it never even moves a bit. Also, using the shirt clip will help. I didnt experience this much of isolation with great comfort in any of my IEM's.
 

I'm going to take a break from the MH1C. When trying to get a good seal - I ended up pushing the drivers too deep into the ear. Due to the cable acting like chains hanging off my ears, during a listening session, there was a sudden tug to the left side, the tip came off quickly - breaking the seal. There was a large "pop" sound that came to my ear drum. That was painful experience. Recovering now.

 

I really like the sound of the MH1C drivers, unfortunately the cable is now a deal breaker for me. 

 

Steve

post #2184 of 3067

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

I don't think the retail package has more accessories - but if it is stated as retail package then you should get the retail package, or else it is false advertisement regardless of the IEM's genuineness

 

the bulk package came with two silicone tips...ones that were on the iems already, another pair in a little baggie, and a shirt clip

 

if you look in the picture (the retail package)....inside has the box there is atleast 8 sets of tips...including the ones on the iems already (green and black)

 

thank you for comprehending the situation ClieOS.  i seriously could have gotten the bulk packed updated version for the same price and not have to spend money on an adapter.  what semi sane person would want to spend more money to have to use an adapter?

post #2185 of 3067
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

 

 

the bulk package came with two silicone tips...ones that were on the iems already, another pair in a little baggie, and a shirt clip

 

if you look in the picture (the retail package)....inside has the box there is atleast 8 sets of tips...including the ones on the iems already (green and black)

 

thank you for comprehending the situation ClieOS.  i seriously could have gotten the bulk packed updated version for the same price and not have to spend money on an adapter.  what semi sane person would want to spend more money to have to use an adapter?

 

I have some green and orange MH1 eartips as well. They are the same as the black one, but different in color.

post #2186 of 3067

So I am planning on getting a pair of these but I am not sure if the MH1 or the MH1C sound better. Also I had the Droid Razr M but I can buy an adapter because I'm not sure if either pairs will work with it. One more thing, where's the best place I can buy them?
 

post #2187 of 3067

i have a pair without the sony logo at the back. the controls do not work with my iphone. which would be the right one for that?

post #2188 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

i have a pair without the sony logo at the back. the controls do not work with my iphone. which would be the right one for that?

You have the MH1C version. For the iphone you want the MH1

post #2189 of 3067

To add to this, on Amazon, the retail package is here, so - as much as that I understand that getting the bulk package may appear to suck, at a quarter of the price, even paying £10 for the Fiio LU1 or equivalent adapter, you're still at half the price - and, the tips, yes - you lose those (in one of my bulk package bags, I had mismatched tips in the little white baggy!!) - however, on the most part, as these have 'standard' sized ports, you will probably have more tips that fit than you can shake a stick at...

 

Not right, judging by the frustration of the poster above, however - for the bargain basement price of the bulk package (especially if you opt for the newer version that doesn't need the adapter), I still think it is worth a punt... 

post #2190 of 3067
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestAbe View Post

So I am planning on getting a pair of these but I am not sure if the MH1 or the MH1C sound better. Also I had the Droid Razr M but I can buy an adapter because I'm not sure if either pairs will work with it. One more thing, where's the best place I can buy them?
 

 

They are pretty much same sounding. The different in sound for old and new MH1(including MH1C) is a result of different filter material, and has nothing to do with whether it is a MH1 or MH1C - and the only way to know what kind if filter is used is to buy a pair and look at the filter yourself. However, as far as I know, the difference between the different filter is not that big.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

i have a pair without the sony logo at the back. the controls do not work with my iphone. which would be the right one for that?

It is either a Sony Ericsson green logo for MH1, or an engraved 'SONY' marking for MH1C. Which is it?

 

Anyway, as I have said before. iPhone use a tiny chip in the remote to detect whether it is a made-fo-iPhone headset or not. MH1 (or MH1C) doesn't have that chip inside so it doesn't detect automatically. You can try to press (hold down) the center button on the remote when plugging the headset it and see if it will detect it or not. Even if it detect the remote, only the mic and center button will work, volume buttons won't (again, it is because of the chip iPhone required).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

You have the MH1C version. For the iphone you want the MH1

Err, not true at all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret