Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 134

post #1996 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

Yes they are not very easy to drive. You can listen them without amp, but with amp they will thoroughly shine.

Agreed!

Something like a C&C BH will drive them perfectly.
post #1997 of 3306

If I wanted to recable my MH1s, what would be good, inexpensive cable to use?.  I'm looking for cables that are more comfortable/less annoying normal_smile%20.gif than the stock cables and am not expecting any difference in sound quality from new cables. Would Mogami W2330 lavalier mic cable (e.g. http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=489) work?

 

Similarly, any recommendations for the plug?  How about Neutrik NYS231L (which I think I saw mentioned elsewhere)?

post #1998 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmulkey View Post

If I wanted to recable my MH1s, what would be good, inexpensive cable to use?.  I'm looking for cables that are more comfortable/less annoying normal_smile%20.gif than the stock cables and am not expecting any difference in sound quality from new cables. Would Mogami W2330 lavalier mic cable (e.g. http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=489) work?

 

Similarly, any recommendations for the plug?  How about Neutrik NYS231L (which I think I saw mentioned elsewhere)?

I just used the cables off of a set of Monoprice.

post #1999 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by threelury View Post

One side of my MH1C couldn't create sound after just 3mths. frown.gif

I don't understand why everyone keeps raving about these and ignoring the fact they are plagued with balance problems that make them virtually useless. Sure they sound good but what good are they if every time you take them out you don't know if they will work for 5 minutes or an hour before one of the channels cuts out and you have a useless piece of wire/crap hanging around your neck? It really pisses me off that this thread continues to mislead people when this appears to be a fundamental design flaw (at least when used with the iPhone). 


Edited by listenCarefully - 3/3/13 at 8:12pm
post #2000 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by listenCarefully View Post

I don't understand why everyone keeps raving about these and ignoring the fact they are plagued with balance problems that make them virtually useless. Sure they sound good but what good it is that if every time you take them out you don't know if they will work for 5 minutes or an hour before one of the channels cuts out and you have a useless piece of wire/crap hanging around your neck. It really pisses me off that this thread continues to mislead people when this more than an "occasional" problem and seems to be commonplace (at least when used with the iPhone). 


^

Am i the only one that find your love then HATE relationship with these MH1C hilarious!!! LMAO

 

I have 3 sets of these and has yet to experience those imbalanced problems you have. There are QC issues with everything, so maybe you just got a bad set as that mountain rice something something blogger who flamed these to death when the "hype" 1st started. Then he had to retract it later due to the set he measured was a lemon.

 

Chillax dood, just get another set to see if they have the same issues if you loves these so much. If you live in the states i am selling one of my sets for $30 shipped. Shameless plug. biggrin.gif

post #2001 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^

Am i the only one that find your love then HATE relationship with these MH1C hilarious!!! LMAO

 biggrin.gif

I loved the sound of these earphones until they stopped working properly after just few weeks. Shoot me for gushing over their sound before I realized that I'd bought a useless piece of crap that only works for 10-20 minutes at a time before one channel cuts out. Maybe I should ignore this (as it appears others have done on this thread)? One guy even said he's had half a dozen Sony's that do exactly the same thing. The real question you should be asking is:  why aren't people talking about the fact that Sony is making garbage


Edited by listenCarefully - 3/3/13 at 8:27pm
post #2002 of 3306
post #2003 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by listenCarefully View Post

I loved the sound of these earphones until they stopped working properly after just few weeks. Shoot me for gushing over their sound before I realized that I'd bought a useless piece of crap that only works for 10-20 minutes at a time before one channel cuts out. Maybe I should ignore this (as it appears others have done on this thread)? One guy even said he's had half a dozen Sony's that do exactly the same thing so why aren't people talking about the fact that Sony is making garbage? 


Ehhhhh, maybe the majority of us that got them are fine with it and has none of those issues as you and a few others has experienced??? KNOCK ON WOOD, but it seems like it is an issue BUT it only affects a small percent.

 

Maybe that is why you don't see as many people that has gotten these flaming them like you just did. Just maybe. rolleyes.gif

post #2004 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Still a better love story than Twilight. wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/1710#post_9068568


I know right, thank god i have not seen any of that crapfest, pheeeeew. I think it's suffice to say this..........

......... and there is no coming back up for you. normal_smile%20.gif

post #2005 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Ehhhhh, maybe the majority of us that got them are fine with it and has none of those issues as you and a few others has experienced??? KNOCK ON WOOD, but it seems like it is an issue BUT it only affects a small percent.

 

Maybe that is why you don't see as many people that has gotten these flaming them like you just did. Just maybe. rolleyes.gif

Mine sound awesome when first plugged in but, over the next 10 to 20 minutes, the left earphone "slowly" fades down to about about 1/3-1/4 of what it should be. I wonder if, after the first few minutes, people just don't notice this...

I really can't see this affecting only a "small" percentage if one guy has had numerous samples that all do the same thing. That is a virtual statistical impossibility. 

post #2006 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by listenCarefully View Post

Mine sound awesome when first plugged in but, over the next 10 to 20 minutes, the left earphone "slowly" fades down to about about 1/3-1/4 of what it should be. I wonder if, after the first few minutes, people just don't notice this...

I really can't see this affecting only a "small" percentage if one guy has had numerous samples that all do the same thing. That is a virtual statistical impossibility. 


Welp, maybe he is just one hell lucky of a guy. Look the HYPE for these were HUGE and tons of people got these, but only a few has reported back with issues such as yours. So...........................


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/3/13 at 8:48pm
post #2007 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Still a better love story than Twilight. wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/1710#post_9068568

 

Ps I don't understand how me liking them for the first few weeks means sh!t. Are you seriously suggesting that it's some kind of personality flaw to change one's opinion after a design problem becomes apparent ???? Magazines like Stereophile routinely revise opinions based on facts that come to light after the initial review. Dude, you need to develop some "logic" skills before shooting your mouth off. 


Edited by listenCarefully - 3/3/13 at 8:53pm
post #2008 of 3306
Guys, please don't get this thread locked.

Thanks
post #2009 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Welp, maybe he is just one hell lucky of a guy. Look the HYPE for these were HUGE and tons of people got these, but only a few has reported back with issues such as yours. So...........................

 Clearly you don't know the mathematics of probability and statistics. Assuming it's a quality control issue, getting one bad one is unlikely... getting  2, 3 or 4 in a row is absurdly improbable (particularly since they were different Sony models). It's far more probable that people are so easily sucked in by hype (and following the herd) that they ignore what their own ears are telling them. Like I said, they sound fine for the first few minutes. Most people can't concentrate for much longer than a few minutes.  


Edited by listenCarefully - 3/3/13 at 9:00pm
post #2010 of 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Guys, please don't get this thread locked.

Thanks

Nuff said. I'm outa here. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret