Thanks for the reply Tai. I had the misconception that the sound will work but the mic will not if the standards don't match. Thanks for confirming that its normal for the sound to appear muffled. I'll wait for the converter. :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 133
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1982 of 29172/25/13 at 4:16pmQuote:
When almost everyone makes a point about it. We aren't exaggerating.
The level of hate/dislike for it varies, some want to remain more unbias'ed and not to seem like jerks to the unit.
Etc Etc. But you know something is up when everyone has at least one comment about the cable.post #1983 of 29172/26/13 at 1:08am
must say. i bought these (15$) after reading your review, love them . amazing performance for price.
one thing i just could not do with is the flat cable.
-cable is heavy for these small earplugs.
-not symetric cables RIGHT/LEFT cause more pull on one side.
-the flat cable is very audible , any touch or move on it makes strong "thump" noise heard in ear.
-flat cable also makes positioning earplugs very hard. they fall very often. a lot head turning , sports etc.... are not possible.
- the Remote heavy , and not visible for button pushing and is so far up that every touch on it would pull earphone out of ear.
so i modded my MH1 : )
in consideration of "what if" from this page http://rinchoi.blogspot.co.il/2013/02/on-modification-of-sony-mh1.html
i opened the MH1 cable, took an old sony earphone cable and soldered it
link: http://oi49.tinypic.com/2r6cxv5.jpg ( or see my profile picture )
now they are super light and super fun still sound amazing and stay in my ear no matter what..
just ordered another pair and gonna mod them into a cast fit to my ears !
and also going to design a plastic mod cap for any who want to resloder cables and seal them with style and retain low freq response.
anyone game ?
Edited by mikelemix - 2/26/13 at 2:44ampost #1984 of 29172/26/13 at 1:46ampost #1985 of 29172/26/13 at 5:00ampost #1986 of 29172/26/13 at 2:16pm
Atrix should work fine, don't know about the Zip.post #1987 of 29172/27/13 at 3:02am
Is there anyone who listens to their MH1C without an amp or DAC? I feel like it doesn't sound that great without one and cannot go loud enough. Mine might not be burned all the way though.post #1988 of 29172/27/13 at 3:28amQuote:
I listen to them straight from my J3. I must agree that they are quite difficult to drive for being 15 ohms, though I have no problems reaching a good listening volume with them.post #1989 of 29172/27/13 at 3:31amQuote:
I use my Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I never have problems with any of my other headphones. I also think they sound a lot cheaper without an amp; I'm going to resume burning them in to see if anything changes.post #1990 of 29172/27/13 at 3:56amQuote:
I don't think there's much of a difference in the sound between using them with or without an amp (besides the bass roll-off correction).
Have you tried them with another source? I have never tried them on a phone, so I have no reference on how they sound on one.post #1991 of 29172/27/13 at 3:59ampost #1992 of 29172/27/13 at 8:10amQuote:
I do not listen to them unamped as they lose punch and clarity for me and I do have to turn up the volume a bit more than some of my other IEMs.post #1993 of 29172/27/13 at 1:20pm
^ they are harder to drive but my ipod classic/ nano drives them fine. On almost max volume though.......................
Hey just a thought, have anyone tried to take off all the plastic parts of the remote so the cable will be lighter??? Will taking out the bulky plastic off of the remote damage the iem/ make it no longer work on one side? Thanks in advance for your inputs!!!post #1994 of 29172/27/13 at 2:09pmQuote:
Agreed, the MH1C are not as impressive straight from my laptop or MP3 player. They lack high-end clarity and detail. But when I hook them up to my Fiio E7, they become the $200+ sounding giant slayers that we know them to be. The resolution just skyrockets. The details come alive and everything becomes very clear, like someone wiped the dust off the window clean.
Edited by mugen3 - 2/27/13 at 2:34pmpost #1995 of 29172/27/13 at 2:09pm
Yes they are not very easy to drive. You can listen them without amp, but with amp they will thoroughly shine.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 6 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 6 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 6 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 8 minutes ago
- › WANTED: DPA SX512 or PDM1024 11 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 11 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 11 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude