Thanks for the reply Tai. I had the misconception that the sound will work but the mic will not if the standards don't match. Thanks for confirming that its normal for the sound to appear muffled. I'll wait for the converter. :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandSonytagged by System, 10/27/12
- productSony MH1BL LiveSound Hi-Fi Headsettagged by System, 10/28/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MH1 R&D Story ...and discussion. Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! Last post on 11/21/12 at 4:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEMs review--Panasonic RP-HJE355 posted 18 February 2013 Last post on 11/8/13 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 133
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When almost everyone makes a point about it. We aren't exaggerating.
The level of hate/dislike for it varies, some want to remain more unbias'ed and not to seem like jerks to the unit.
Etc Etc. But you know something is up when everyone has at least one comment about the cable.
must say. i bought these (15$) after reading your review, love them . amazing performance for price.
one thing i just could not do with is the flat cable.
-cable is heavy for these small earplugs.
-not symetric cables RIGHT/LEFT cause more pull on one side.
-the flat cable is very audible , any touch or move on it makes strong "thump" noise heard in ear.
-flat cable also makes positioning earplugs very hard. they fall very often. a lot head turning , sports etc.... are not possible.
- the Remote heavy , and not visible for button pushing and is so far up that every touch on it would pull earphone out of ear.
so i modded my MH1 : )
in consideration of "what if" from this page http://rinchoi.blogspot.co.il/2013/02/on-modification-of-sony-mh1.html
i opened the MH1 cable, took an old sony earphone cable and soldered it
link: http://oi49.tinypic.com/2r6cxv5.jpg ( or see my profile picture )
now they are super light and super fun still sound amazing and stay in my ear no matter what..
just ordered another pair and gonna mod them into a cast fit to my ears !
and also going to design a plastic mod cap for any who want to resloder cables and seal them with style and retain low freq response.
anyone game ?
Edited by mikelemix - 2/26/13 at 2:44am
Atrix should work fine, don't know about the Zip.
Is there anyone who listens to their MH1C without an amp or DAC? I feel like it doesn't sound that great without one and cannot go loud enough. Mine might not be burned all the way though.
I listen to them straight from my J3. I must agree that they are quite difficult to drive for being 15 ohms, though I have no problems reaching a good listening volume with them.
I use my Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I never have problems with any of my other headphones. I also think they sound a lot cheaper without an amp; I'm going to resume burning them in to see if anything changes.
I don't think there's much of a difference in the sound between using them with or without an amp (besides the bass roll-off correction).
Have you tried them with another source? I have never tried them on a phone, so I have no reference on how they sound on one.
I do not listen to them unamped as they lose punch and clarity for me and I do have to turn up the volume a bit more than some of my other IEMs.
^ they are harder to drive but my ipod classic/ nano drives them fine. On almost max volume though.......................
Hey just a thought, have anyone tried to take off all the plastic parts of the remote so the cable will be lighter??? Will taking out the bulky plastic off of the remote damage the iem/ make it no longer work on one side? Thanks in advance for your inputs!!!
Agreed, the MH1C are not as impressive straight from my laptop or MP3 player. They lack high-end clarity and detail. But when I hook them up to my Fiio E7, they become the $200+ sounding giant slayers that we know them to be. The resolution just skyrockets. The details come alive and everything becomes very clear, like someone wiped the dust off the window clean.
Edited by mugen3 - 2/27/13 at 2:34pm
Yes they are not very easy to drive. You can listen them without amp, but with amp they will thoroughly shine.
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW 2014 SONY MDR-XB950AP/H 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 4 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Amperior Sound + Momentum Over-Ear Fit/Finish/Ergonomics = ??? 6 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)