Thanks for the reply Tai. I had the misconception that the sound will work but the mic will not if the standards don't match. Thanks for confirming that its normal for the sound to appear muffled. I'll wait for the converter. :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume Last post on 4/11/13 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need New IEM Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- flat cable design IEMs under $100? Last post on 11/16/12 at 2:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation iem Page 1944!! Last post on Yesterday at 9:33 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones do you recommend until 80 usd Last post on 5/8/15 at 3:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 133
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When almost everyone makes a point about it. We aren't exaggerating.
The level of hate/dislike for it varies, some want to remain more unbias'ed and not to seem like jerks to the unit.
Etc Etc. But you know something is up when everyone has at least one comment about the cable.
must say. i bought these (15$) after reading your review, love them . amazing performance for price.
one thing i just could not do with is the flat cable.
-cable is heavy for these small earplugs.
-not symetric cables RIGHT/LEFT cause more pull on one side.
-the flat cable is very audible , any touch or move on it makes strong "thump" noise heard in ear.
-flat cable also makes positioning earplugs very hard. they fall very often. a lot head turning , sports etc.... are not possible.
- the Remote heavy , and not visible for button pushing and is so far up that every touch on it would pull earphone out of ear.
so i modded my MH1 : )
in consideration of "what if" from this page http://rinchoi.blogspot.co.il/2013/02/on-modification-of-sony-mh1.html
i opened the MH1 cable, took an old sony earphone cable and soldered it
link: http://oi49.tinypic.com/2r6cxv5.jpg ( or see my profile picture )
now they are super light and super fun still sound amazing and stay in my ear no matter what..
just ordered another pair and gonna mod them into a cast fit to my ears !
and also going to design a plastic mod cap for any who want to resloder cables and seal them with style and retain low freq response.
anyone game ?
Edited by mikelemix - 2/26/13 at 2:44am
Atrix should work fine, don't know about the Zip.
Is there anyone who listens to their MH1C without an amp or DAC? I feel like it doesn't sound that great without one and cannot go loud enough. Mine might not be burned all the way though.
I listen to them straight from my J3. I must agree that they are quite difficult to drive for being 15 ohms, though I have no problems reaching a good listening volume with them.
I use my Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I never have problems with any of my other headphones. I also think they sound a lot cheaper without an amp; I'm going to resume burning them in to see if anything changes.
I don't think there's much of a difference in the sound between using them with or without an amp (besides the bass roll-off correction).
Have you tried them with another source? I have never tried them on a phone, so I have no reference on how they sound on one.
I do not listen to them unamped as they lose punch and clarity for me and I do have to turn up the volume a bit more than some of my other IEMs.
^ they are harder to drive but my ipod classic/ nano drives them fine. On almost max volume though.......................
Hey just a thought, have anyone tried to take off all the plastic parts of the remote so the cable will be lighter??? Will taking out the bulky plastic off of the remote damage the iem/ make it no longer work on one side? Thanks in advance for your inputs!!!
Agreed, the MH1C are not as impressive straight from my laptop or MP3 player. They lack high-end clarity and detail. But when I hook them up to my Fiio E7, they become the $200+ sounding giant slayers that we know them to be. The resolution just skyrockets. The details come alive and everything becomes very clear, like someone wiped the dust off the window clean.
Edited by mugen3 - 2/27/13 at 2:34pm
Yes they are not very easy to drive. You can listen them without amp, but with amp they will thoroughly shine.
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-6 32 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Audio-Technica ATH-IM02 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Review: iHiFi960 portable DAP and transport 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones advice, Grado sr225e vs sr325e or alternatives 8 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2