Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 108

post #1606 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by listenCarefully View Post

Let me reword my question. All I care about is the sound. Does anyone use these with an iPhone 5 without any sound/balance problems (never mind whether the controls work or not because I don't care)?

I have used them 3 different times for a total of 5 hours give or take and no problem whatsoever. For me the tips that came on it work perfectly. The seal is so good that when I take them out they make 'pop' sound!

 

In fact I bought a 2nd pair as a backup and have not tried them out, I guess I should to make sure they are like the first pair!

post #1607 of 3307

The obvious question is: 

Has anyone tried recabling with an Apple Earbud cable in order to get the functionality of the headset working?

post #1608 of 3307

Nice review, thx for sharing

post #1609 of 3307

Here is a brief bit about them in a round up review video!

 

post #1610 of 3307

Would buying the adapter for the MH1 and the MH1C fix the volume imbalance problem that many people are talking about?

 

Edit - Would any adapter work? 


Edited by Headphonez - 1/4/13 at 7:34pm
post #1611 of 3307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonez View Post

Would buying the adapter for the MH1 and the MH1C fix the volume imbalance problem that many people are talking about?

 

Edit - Would any adapter work? 

 

Volume imbalance? If you mean a sudden drop of volume on one side, that's caused by condensation inside the housing. Just stop using it and wait for it to dry out.

 

Adapter is used for switching between CTIA and OMTP standard, detail in the first page.

post #1612 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

Volume imbalance? If you mean a sudden drop of volume on one side, that's caused by condensation inside the housing. Just stop using it and wait for it to dry out.

 

Adapter is used for switching between CTIA and OMTP standard, detail in the first page.

Hah yea, thats what I meant. I thought that problem was called that, my bad!

 

 

Oh and would an adapter like this be fine?

 

Sorry for all the questions! 


Edited by Headphonez - 1/4/13 at 8:14pm
post #1613 of 3307

so first the medium tips start getting very loose and now the next to smallest (which provided adequate seal but not quite the level of the medium tips) are coming loose and getting stuck deep inside my ear.  i've had this problem with at least two other IEMs in the past; the only one that i really didn't have that issue with was the SE215s.  is there some solution to keeping tips from coming off?  i know changing them out multiple times can make them get loose but it's kinda hard to find the perfect fitting one without doing this a few times, and it's not like i was doing this excessively.  it's really frustrating considering other than the cord i'm really liking these.

 

been saving up to finally get a vmoda M-80 i can keep so i may just swear off IEMs entirely.  one little thing but it's very annoying.

post #1614 of 3307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonez View Post

Hah yea, thats what I meant. I thought that problem was called that, my bad!

 

 

Oh and would an adapter like this be fine?

 

Sorry for all the questions! 

 

No, that adapter won't work. It is just for extension. You need the one from Lunashops. MEElectronics sells one in their website and you can find the FiiO one on eBay. Generally they are called 'smart adapter'.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros View Post

so first the medium tips start getting very loose and now the next to smallest (which provided adequate seal but not quite the level of the medium tips) are coming loose and getting stuck deep inside my ear.  i've had this problem with at least two other IEMs in the past; the only one that i really didn't have that issue with was the SE215s.  is there some solution to keeping tips from coming off?  i know changing them out multiple times can make them get loose but it's kinda hard to find the perfect fitting one without doing this a few times, and it's not like i was doing this excessively.  it's really frustrating considering other than the cord i'm really liking these.

 

been saving up to finally get a vmoda M-80 i can keep so i may just swear off IEMs entirely.  one little thing but it's very annoying.

 

 

You might have oily ear canal. Take the eartips out and wipe its inner tube as well as the the IEM's nozzle clean with tissue regularly might fix the issue.

post #1615 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

No, that adapter won't work. It is just for extension. You need the one from Lunashops. MEElectronics sells one in their website and you can find the FiiO one on eBay. Generally they are called 'smart adapter'.

 

 

 

The FiiO smart adapter is this one right?

post #1616 of 3307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonez View Post

The FiiO smart adapter is this one right?

 Yes.

post #1617 of 3307

For those of you who would rather buy the MH1Cs from Amazon than Ebay, heres a link of the only listing I can find there. It costs $30.99 + $4.99 shipping. (To the US).

 

But be quick because theres only 1 left in stock!

 

(There used to be 2 in stock, but I ordered one immediately once I saw the listing biggrin.gif)

post #1618 of 3307

Just got these and loving the sound, but this J Cord is causing me headaches lol. Maybe I'm wearing it wrong, but if I look to my left, it feels like the right earphone might pop out because the cable is close to being stretched. If I move the wire further behind my neck, the part where the left headphone splits from the rest of the cable slides back down, causing the right earphone to stretch again. I'm used to having media buttons close to my chest area, the fact that these are right next to my cheek is rather annoying lol, really wish they weren't J Cord.

 

Edit: Forgot these came with a shirt clip. Should be a lot better now


Edited by DramatikBeats - 1/5/13 at 5:48am
post #1619 of 3307

I believe Dnuts tried and liked the Phillips SHE5105.  I have had the MH1C for a few months now and enjoy them but I am curious how the Phillips compare now that the price has come down.  What do you think D?

post #1620 of 3307

Sound is better on the MH1C. For the price the Philips SHE5105 is solid but sound is smoother on the MH1C with better imagery to boot..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret