Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret - Page 79

post #1171 of 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post

Does someone understand Chinese? I maybe found a way to export some from China at a very low price (and of course resell them to head-fiers at a special price biggrin.gif ) but I want to make sure they're genuine and not fakes!
The seller says
全新原装 最新到货,如假包换 假一赔百 这款耳机设置独特
and google translator says
New original latest arrival, disguising fake a lose 100 this headset settings unique
which doesn't really make sense but that "fake" scares me.
Even though I don't see why one would even bother making fakes of "unknown" (horrible) headsets for a Sony phone!
Probably fake.
post #1172 of 3308

It says genuine original packaging, newly in stock, if it turns out to be fake he'll exchange it for 100 sets

post #1173 of 3308

Re: [REVIEW] Sony MH1

lol that's kinda the opposite of fake isn't it?
post #1174 of 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post

lol that's kinda the opposite of fake isn't it?

Most of the time the old saying "If it's too good to be true, it usually isn't'  should be followed.

post #1175 of 3308

Hi people! I own the old OMPT version of the MH1 and I need to know if this adapter works in my Cowon J3. Any other suggestions? l also thought in this adapter, but I'm not sure if will work only with the pc (FiiO E10). I need something that works with both.

 

Cheer!


Edited by CFBOY - 11/23/12 at 7:51pm
post #1176 of 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post

Does someone understand Chinese? I maybe found a way to export some from China at a very low price (and of course resell them to head-fiers at a special price biggrin.gif ) but I want to make sure they're genuine and not fakes!
The seller says
全新原装 最新到货,如假包换 假一赔百 这款耳机设置独特
and google translator says
New original latest arrival, disguising fake a lose 100 this headset settings unique
which doesn't really make sense but that "fake" scares me.
Even though I don't see why one would even bother making fakes of "unknown" (horrible) headsets for a Sony phone!

i am here in China and i have not heard nor seen a fake MH1C. My trusted seller in taobao told me that no fakes of these kind. The only problem you might encounter is the guarantee that the seller will send you the stuff after you paid for them.

post #1177 of 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post

Does someone understand Chinese? I maybe found a way to export some from China at a very low price (and of course resell them to head-fiers at a special price biggrin.gif ) but I want to make sure they're genuine and not fakes!

The seller says

全新原装 最新到货,如假包换 假一赔百 这款耳机设置独特

and google translator says

New original latest arrival, disguising fake a lose 100 this headset settings unique


which doesn't really make sense but that "fake" scares me.
Even though I don't see why one would even bother making fakes of "unknown" (horrible) headsets for a Sony phone!

 

I'm Chinese and yes, that line is just emphatically say that these are NOT fakes.

post #1178 of 3308
Quote:
And one question: Is anyone compared them to Fischer Audio DBA-02 / Brainwavz B2? And what are your conclusions? Brainwavz B2 are now $129.5 on Amazon so I thinking to make my Cyber Monday nicer if they worth of that :)

 

I happen to have a Japanese clone of the B2 called the GH-ERC-DMS(B2c)

 

to my ears, the B2c are much more neutral sounding, very proficient technically and at the same slightly thinner sounding which helps with the speed.

 

They are more of PRAT experts. Their treble is accentuated, however no dips and valleys to my ears. Very pleasant to hear to. However the silicon tips provided are of no good with them mainly coz of the super ear raping ssssssssibilancccccccce. 

Live recordings excel with these due to their awesome imaging! The sound is more of mids-treble driven with ample bass. Excellent transparency.

 

The MH1c are very warm sounding with a slight air only up top so that the total sound-scape doesn't sound clustered! The sound is more of  bass driven with no real sacrifice to the rest of the spectrum. The mids compliment the bass and vice-versa but I occasionally feel the bass has the upper hand. Once amped I would put these babies up with my shure se 535. Their musicality is exceptional, soundstage widens and gains height as well ; the sound becomes very sweet, once amped 

 

Specifically -

Bass extension and slam - the sony is very superior, the B2c doesn't extend much and impact is just about quarter of the mh1c

Mids - B2c are mid-forward and sound more detailed, but the MH1C warms up the mids to make vocals,guitars sound more emotional and thicker.

Treble - B2c are more treble forward, showcase great layer of treble... very airy through out the treble imho! Talk about emotions .. this is where the B2c excels, it brings a lot of emotion through its treble accentuated sound...had lot of spine-freezing moments with them.with the MH1c I really don't know how they do it.. they have an suitable air up the very top of treble.. it doesn't feel like theres any roll-off.. the moment I try and figure out .. it sounds very extended to the top and even show more air up the toppest part than my se-535.

 

Hope this helps

Regards

post #1179 of 3308

Even though turgid compared them perfectly, I would like to compare them as well. I have both the B2 and the MH1C.

 

Just my quick comparison:

 

Deep bass: MH1C wins

 

Mid bass: B2 wins...by far.

 

mids: B2 wins...not by much

 

Highs: B2 wins 

 

Musicality: tie (the reason why the MH1C is so good)

 

Confort: B2

 

 

IMO, if you really like the sound signature of the MH1C, dont get the B2. 

post #1180 of 3308

Wow, I was about to get the B2 (its on sale for 109$ on mp4nation)..

post #1181 of 3308

I seriously don't understand this hype over MH1C. It leaks air over the highs like a $5 earphone and while the music is warm and balanced, there is no clarity at all in these. The Bass just muddles everything at high volumes. I am truly disappointed in these and the forums as well. I used to regularly visit here for reviews but i think i seriously need to reconsider. You guys say these are worthy of $50-100. I cannot see that at all. No good IEM should be this bad at the highs, and my 2.5 year old CX400-II sound much better than this even thought they sound a but less natural.....

post #1182 of 3308
Quote:
Wow, I was about to get the B2 (its on sale for 109$ on mp4nation)..

 

they are amazing in-ears, I went with these instead http://www.head-fi.org/products/greenhouse-gh-erc-dms.. I think you can get them for $80 shipped from amazon japan... cheaper - same stuff! besides you get 1 year warranty as well :)

 

.. they are a little less promiscious :)

post #1183 of 3308
Quote:
I seriously don't understand this hype over MH1C. It leaks air over the highs like a $5 earphone and while the music is warm and balanced, there is no clarity at all in these. The Bass just muddles everything at high volumes. I am truly disappointed in these and the forums as well. I used to regularly visit here for reviews but i think i seriously need to reconsider. You guys say these are worthy of $50-100. I cannot see that at all. No good IEM should be this bad at the highs, and my 2.5 year old CX400-II sound much better than this even thought they sound a but less natural.....

 

 

either your pair is not completely burnt in or you have a fake set ..

post #1184 of 3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by turgid View Post

 

 

either your pair is not completely burnt in or you have a fake set ..


I don't see how these can be fake since there have been no reports at all of fakes, also they are currently 10 hours of burnt-in but i cant see how more burn-in will help reduce the excessive effect of air leaking out...

post #1185 of 3308

there have been reports of fakes ... i could link you up if you want me to.. 

 

yes the vent reduces the isolation(which is subpar-average) but I dont understand 'air leakage' 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret