I am very new to digital music, and current solution is BenQ laptop + Fiio E10 + HD598 & ATH M30. So far the sound is acceptable, but I am looking for a DAC which can make the sound much better than from E10.
My requirements and budget are following:
- Budget is < US$ 500;
- For headphone only, no need to consider the speaker & portability;
- If possible, DAC include amp function;
- I will have more budget for other headphones soon, if the DAC needs other type of headphone;
- I’m curious about most types of music, but rock is not on the list;
- Not important: I have a big iMac (27”), thus it could be better if the DAC works on iMac;
I would very appreciate you comments and suggestions.