Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 - Page 23

post #331 of 2509

this is very ideal for over the ear use. In fact to get a ideal deep insertion you need it over the ear over wise the strain relief gets in the way. I also i find overall more comfy than the 262!

post #332 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

this is very ideal for over the ear use. In fact to get a ideal deep insertion you need it over the ear over wise the strain relief gets in the way. I also i find overall more comfy than the 262!

 

Obviously your ears are different than mine - over ear simply doesn't work as well for me on this particular IEM. Which is fine because I actually prefer wearing them down. 

post #333 of 2509

fari enough! i actually had the same debate with someone else on here regarding the Grado GR8 but i was actually feeling how you are about these and him like i am. Just shows we are all different! At least we can both agree they sound great! ;) How are you finding them with the MA9. That was one of my favourite combos!

post #334 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

fari enough! i actually had the same debate with someone else on here regarding the Grado GR8 but i was actually feeling how you are about these and him like i am. Just shows we are all different! At least we can both agree they sound great! ;) How are you finding them with the MA9. That was one of my favourite combos!

 

They sounds great with MA9. The MA9 doesn't pair as well with headphones/IEMs that already fall on the smooth/warm side (Westone ES5, Heir 8.A) but the RE-400 is a nice match. 

post #335 of 2509

I was having some experience with RE400 today. Yes they are very good, balanced, neutral and natural. Thay've got better bass than re0, very good "new-hfm-style" mids and a good treble, also comfortable sized soundstage and good vocals. But i've found them maybe 15% better than RE0. Also, they are very good built and very comfortable. Note, they will give their full skills only with stock tips or tips with a wide nozzle, for example Sony Hybrids now are not HFM friends. Very good phones for 99$ but if you owning RE0/Zero/XcapeIE RE400 will be just about 15% better.

post #336 of 2509
Over the ear is the way to go if u ever listen to them while walking and don't want hear those troublesome noises from the extremely loud cable
post #337 of 2509
as much as I love my 262, I wanted to buy the 400 but had to return the 262 because no sound was coming from the right sidw. now with the brabd new ser I received by mail, The right side is very low compared tothe left side! i just dont want to return them avain, no more hifiman for me
post #338 of 2509

Can anyone comment on the differences between RE-262 and RE-400? 

post #339 of 2509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydstyle View Post

as much as I love my 262, I wanted to buy the 400 but had to return the 262 because no sound was coming from the right sidw. now with the brabd new ser I received by mail, The right side is very low compared tothe left side! i just dont want to return them avain, no more hifiman for me
I'm sorry to hear this, but did you make sure to use the cable extensions? If you don't, you will have a driver that will play less loud; sort of like a phase issue
post #340 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post


I'm sorry to hear this, but did you make sure to use the cable extensions? If you don't, you will have a driver that will play less loud; sort of like a phase issue

I have the issue with and without the cable extension.  However, because of your point, I was thinkg about the white cable extension I had in the box.  I changed the normal black one with the white one and the problem is now gone!  So the problem is the normal black cable extension.

 

But now, I am stuck with music going in the oposite side!  I don't really care as long as these earphones working

 

thanks for the tip

post #341 of 2509
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydstyle View Post

I have the issue with and without the cable extension.  However, because of your point, I was thinkg about the white cable extension I had in the box.  I changed the normal black one with the white one and the problem is now gone!  So the problem is the normal black cable extension.

 

But now, I am stuck with music going in the oposite side!  I don't really care as long as these earphones working

 

thanks for the tip

 

One of the cables is for a TRRS input balanced amplifier.  You will get unbalanced sound from one of the drivers when you plug the iems with this cable into a single-ended source.  One cable is for wearing the iems down on your ears for single ended amps and the other, the white cable, is for wearing the iems over your ear but to do that you have to reverse them, that's why the sound is in reverse if you wear them downward while using the white cable.

post #342 of 2509
Thread Starter 
Exactly, the grey adaptor is the standard wear, white is reversed as it is intended to be used while wearing the iem behind the ear.

And the black three prong connector as mentioned above is the balanced cable for use with balanced amplifiers
post #343 of 2509

it is weird because the only way I can re-balance the sound if pluging the white one.  With the black normal one, it doesnt work.  I dont have any third cable

anyway, it does work with the white one and as I said, I dont care if the sound doesnt come from the correct side, as long is the sound is equal!

post #344 of 2509

floydstyle, replace your filters.

post #345 of 2509

my filters are brand new as I have received a replacement unit from hifiman

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600