Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 - Page 135

post #2011 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


I think the RE-600S is supposed to be terminated with an angled TRS cable.

 

The TRRS is straight, the TRRS to TRS adapter is an angled terminated cable. 

post #2012 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
 

 

The IE800 and CK100Pro have a bit more detail, but those are pricier as well. Not sure I know something @ 100 USD that have more detail. The FXD70 and FXD80 have pretty good detail, but is presented in a sharper and brighter way.

interesting 

 

i actually found that they have sublime detail its magnificent

 

but the jvc fxd 80 and 70 are bassier right? more v shaped? how vshaped in your opinion compare to the re400s. i have the monster turbines and their very heavy in the low end but i yearn for a bit more detail (their nice average imo for detail, i use them as fun iems

 

but is it possible to be fun and detailed at the same time? i'm trying to find that fine line

post #2013 of 2307

i was wondering if anyone here doesn't need their medium biflange that comes stock (installed on the re400) i'll gladly pay for them

 

just let me know how much shipping is to toronto canada

post #2014 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

No, unfortunately...
Welcome to the club though... 2 months ago... Now the cable is internally breaking down ;/

omg please don't say that i love them! i baby them so much! they've been tugged maybe less than 5 times accidently

 

they go back into the case 9.5/10 times 

 

i did get the later units i expect ( i got the case and the extra eartips) hopefully this isn't an issue PLEASE!!! =(

post #2015 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post
 

omg please don't say that i love them! i baby them so much! they've been tugged maybe less than 5 times accidently

 

they go back into the case 9.5/10 times 

 

i did get the later units i expect ( i got the case and the extra eartips) hopefully this isn't an issue PLEASE!!! =(

 

I love them too!

But the cable is spoiling the fun for me :/

I am afraid to move when I wear them cause any significant cable movements cause me to lose my left channel/driver :/

Going on for repairs soon :/

Going portable full-size though, but these are keepers once they are fixed/exchanged.

post #2016 of 2307

You can add me to the 'purchased the RE-400 in July and have had the cord fail' club. 

 
I'll be sending them back and I really do hope they've fixed the issue in QA.
post #2017 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

interesting 

i actually found that they have sublime detail its magnificent

but the jvc fxd 80 and 70 are bassier right? more v shaped? how vshaped in your opinion compare to the re400s. i have the monster turbines and their very heavy in the low end but i yearn for a bit more detail (their nice average imo for detail, i use them as fun iems

but is it possible to be fun and detailed at the same time? i'm trying to find that fine line

The etymotic hf5 is likely as detailed as you'll get for ~$100. You could try the mc5 as well. These are both not v-shaped signatures. Bass mids and treble are presented evenly.
post #2018 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


The etymotic hf5 is likely as detailed as you'll get for ~$100. You could try the mc5 as well. These are both not v-shaped signatures. Bass mids and treble are presented evenly.

i would actually like more bass and maybe not more treble ( about the same)

 

i recently purchased the monster turbines for a pair of "fun sounding" yet fairly detailed

 

they are definitely "fun sounding" a bit too much "fun" for me.. haha, if they can have the same mids, slightly less subbass, just a tad more midbass and more tighter overall bass , with the same treble as the turbines i think i found it! for a fun yet detailed sound to me. 

 

but it has to be fast! to me the re400s are like a medium speed, not too fast but not slow right in the middle

post #2019 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

i would actually like more bass and maybe not more treble ( about the same)

i recently purchased the monster turbines for a pair of "fun sounding" yet fairly detailed

they are definitely "fun sounding" a bit too much "fun" for me.. haha, if they can have the same mids, slightly less subbass, just a tad more midbass and more tighter overall bass , with the same treble as the turbines i think i found it! for a fun yet detailed sound to me. 

but it has to be fast! to me the re400s are like a medium speed, not too fast but not slow right in the middle

GR07 is what you want. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2020 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


GR07 is what you want. smily_headphones1.gif

Treble is a bit different between the two - GR07 has a bit more sparkle and is a bit brighter in direct comparison (at least for me anyway).  Other than that, they'd be perfect for him it sounds :cool: 

post #2021 of 2307

Well, got my RE-400s today, the bundle has been vastly improved.

You now get a carrying case, two sets of comply foam tips, and 4 extra sets of assorted tips

post #2022 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkick View Post
 

Well, got my RE-400s today, the bundle has been vastly improved.

You now get a carrying case, two sets of comply foam tips, and 4 extra sets of assorted tips

 

They sent these to me for free when I asked them. Since I was one of the first adopters with the old, spartan packaging

post #2023 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

Treble is a bit different between the two - GR07 has a bit more sparkle and is a bit brighter in direct comparison (at least for me anyway).  Other than that, they'd be perfect for him it sounds :cool: 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post


GR07 is what you want. smily_headphones1.gif

 

dam it i knew it! from reading the threads and reviews it sounded like it! i just couldn't justify spending that much for an iem! especially one without detachable cables (i can see one day something tugs on it and then it cuts out) i dunno how to recable or who in toronto that would recable it for me
 
the re400s for me was a very very very cautious purchase after hearing about the cable issue and durablity (i paid 119 before tax for them at a shop here in toronto) plus a 1 year warranty. (plus it was the only place i could demo it)
 
i think some of the bass issue and the treble got resolved, at least some, i think the gr07 is still probably perfect for me (i was hesitant to try the sony hybrids on them, even though i have a lot lying around) i was afraid of losing the detail and the transperant sound of the re400s that makes it so fantastic
 
i was listening to them for what like 4 hours today at school while doing project, and after a while i felt that the highs started to fatigue my ears, i had to take a break for a while afterwards. their not harsh, like the s4s this was just maybe because i was listening to long and the sound is very lean
 
after some listening now A/Bing the stock biflange and the sony hybrids (orange), a lot of the detail is still there, the sound got a bit thicker, bass got slight bump and the treble i dunno how to describe it, stronger, emphasized?? its not as airy as before, but maybe just a little faster?
 
my guess is probably the combination of the silicone plus the narrower opening on the sony hybrids warming up the sound a bit ( i could use the extra little bass while commuting anyway)
 
for now i'll stick with this and see how i like it in the long haul,
what tips do you guys use?
 
on the off note, i put the re400 biflange on my monster turbines (it toned down the bass,it had a bit too much for me to begin with) and i suspect open the upper midrange and lower treble) maybe thats why its more airy, female vocals is definitely more intoxicating now. haha
 
win win?? =0
post #2024 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkick View Post
 

Well, got my RE-400s today, the bundle has been vastly improved.

You now get a carrying case, two sets of comply foam tips, and 4 extra sets of assorted tips

i never got the complys!!!!! whats going on!!! mann i got the extra tips, but those are soo massive, that they will never fit my ears.! i can take a picture to show you a size comparison its kinda scary how big they go!

 

they were easily the largest ones that i ever came across

post #2025 of 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

Treble is a bit different between the two - GR07 has a bit more sparkle and is a bit brighter in direct comparison (at least for me anyway).  Other than that, they'd be perfect for him it sounds :cool: 

that actually sounds like something i really think i would like =) at least probably the mk2 one ( after the klipsch image s4 i can't take silbant/ harsh highes) and i love the look (very classy black (i usually never like black) and professional looking and the pivot mechanism.

 

i'll probably feel like a musician and start singing out loud in public =P


Edited by Tom22 - 10/23/13 at 4:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600